Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rah_HuJu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
Youth faints playing in Fear Factor?hatron ke Khiladi
IANS  | Tuesday, 15 July , 2008, 10:35

Fear Factor?hatron ke Khiladi turned really dangerous in this Madhya Pradesh city when a 22-year-old participant fainted under water during the thrill-packed game. He is now struggling for life in a hospital, police said on Monday. Anzar, a resident of Sagar, who had come to Indore with his friends on a private visit, went to participate in the reality show, organised by Candid Marketing Co for Colors TV channel at Treasure Island, late on Saturday evening. Akshay Kumar inspires 13 beauties to chant the Gayatri mantra on Fear Factor?hatron ke Khiladi | In pictures: Akshay Kumar's new look for Khatron ke Khiladi "Participants were supposed to remain under water in a tank (for a few seconds). Anzar also did the same, but he fell unconscious. When he did not came out for about 10 minutes, his friends raised an alarm," police officer D S Baghel said. "The organisers, instead of rescuing him, fled the scene. Later, the people witnessing the show brought him out of the tank and rushed him to a nearby private nursing home," Baghel said The police have registered a case against Kunal, Ravi and Ajay of Candid Marketing. However, according to Baghel, Kunal has informed the police that no such incident occurred in their presence. The police are investigating the case.

Anzar, whose lungs were filled with water, is critical, said Baghel.

Rah_HuJu thumbnail
Fear Factor-Khatron Ke Khiladi helping the celebs
IANS  | Sunday, 06 July , 2008, 15:19

Jumping from choppers, facing fires and hanging from tall buildings - Fear Factor-Khatron Ke Khiladi, hosted by Bollywood action hero Akshay Kumar, has helped its star contestants face their biggest fears. "I'm extremely scared of heights, and in this show I've done bungee jumping, and now I am relatively less scared. It was a great experience," said model-turned-actress Dipannita Sharma. "I've seen such humongous cockroaches and lizards. But now I don't think that the old creepy crawlies in my house will ever scare me," said Dipannita, who was here for the show's launch. The actress, who has worked in movies like My Brother Nikhil and 16 December, was also scared of spiders earlier, but now she feels she has overcome that fear too. The American original Fear Factor was a game show that took reality shows to new exciting highs. The Indian version with Akshay is set to air on the new entertainment channel Colors July 21. It is to be telecast on weekdays at 10 pm. Another contestant Urvashi Sharma, who made her debut with Naqaab opposite actors Bobby Deol and Sunny Deol, revealed that she won the maximum number of points on the show because she had no fears. She said,"We were made to play with animals and insects and I hate animals, I don't like to be around them, but I don't fear them." For Anita Hassanandani, who is to play the role of Draupadi in Ekta Kapoor's Kahani Hamaare Mahabharat Ki, Fear Factor has truly been a learning experience. "The first stunt on the show was a water stunt and I don't know how to swim. It was really scary!" she exclaimed. "Now I will be taking swimming lessons since I have realised how important it is to know how to swim." The show will feature 13 models and actresses including Yaana Gupta, Aditi Gowitrikar, sisters Tapur and Tupur Chatterjee, Pooja Bedi, Sonali Kulkarni, Anita Hassanandani, Meghna Naidu, Nethra Raghuraman and Vidya Malavde. Asked who among them was the bravest, the girls promptly took two names - Yana and Urvashi.

"Yana was absolutely fearless," Dipannita said. Item girl Meghna Naidu, who was also present at the event, agreed with Dipannita. "Yana was not afraid of anything. She was very brave," she said.

Rah_HuJu thumbnail
Article in TB.....pics of launch party...

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
//configuration OAS_url ='http://adstil.indiatimes.com/RealMedia/ads/'; OAS_listpos = 'Position1'; OAS_query = '?'; OAS_sitepage = 'www.timesofindia.com/Innovation/index.html'; //end of configuration OAS_version = 10; OAS_rn = '001234567890'; OAS_rns = '1234567890'; OAS_rn = new String (Math.random()); OAS_rns = OAS_rn.substring (2, 11); function OAS_NORMAL(pos) { document.write(''); document.write(''); } OAS_version = 11; if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Mozilla/3') != -1) OAS_version = 10; if (OAS_version >= 11) document.write(''); < =1.1 ="http://adstil.indiatimes.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_mjx.ads/www.timesofindia.com/Innovation/index./1413242082@1?"> document.write(''); function OAS_AD(pos) { if (OAS_version >= 11 && typeof(OAS_RICH)!='undefined') OAS_RICH(pos); else OAS_NORMAL(pos); } OAS_AD('Position1');
I didn€™t think before taking the leap: Vidya
24 Jul 2008, 0000 hrs IST,TNN

Vidya Malavade (TOI Photo) More Pics
Who would€™ve thought that the petite Vidya Malavade would jump off helicopters and won€™t be scared to be among snakes!

The actress pushed herself to do everything she hadn€™t dreamt herself to indulge in. Vidya, who€™s part of the daring gang of girls in Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi which will be on air at 10 pm on Colors today, even found out that creepy crawlies don€™t scare her much. So what made her sign on to do something that€™s definitely not a part of her everyday life?

€œThis was like another Chak De for me. When I signed Chak De , I didn€™t know anything about hockey. I didn€™t even know how to hold a stick properly. But once I got into it I gave it my all. Similarly when the channel approached me with this show, my first reaction was €˜no way€™. However, they asked me think again. I realised that I am never going to get an opportunity to do these things again with such a professional crew around. That€™s the reason I agreed to be a part of the show,€ she says.

As expected doing the stunts was not a cakewalk. Vidya says, €œThe first stunt was the scariest because I was running a temperature of 103 degrees. The stunt involved jumping off a helicopter into ice cold water and swimming some more. I was thinking whether I should attempt it at all. But then to go back without attempting a single stunt was not acceptable to me. Even when I was in the helicopter, I wasn€™t sure about doing the stunt. But then I leaped off the chopper before I could think anymore.€ She adds, €œSometimes you shouldn€™t think before taking the leap.€ Of course Vidya had to bear the consequences too. She was left with a black-and-blue eye and a cut above her eyebrow.

Also, Akshay Kumar, who€™s the host of the show encouraged her to give it a shot. €œAkshay is so much fun. He€™s a pro at doing all the stunts. He makes it seem so easy, but when you attempt it, you realise how tough it is,€ she says. Looking at Vidya€™s brave attempt she can surely try her hand at some action-oriented films. Chak de, Vidya!
var imgid = '3263135';var capt = 'Vidya Malavade (TOI Photo) More Pics';var cnt='1'; var ttl='Vidya Malavade'; var b1=""; if(cnt > 1){ b1 = ''; } var b2 = '
'+ capt +'
'; bellyad.innerHTML = b2 + b1;
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV_Buzz/I_didnt_think_before_taking_the_leap_Vidya/articleshow/3263115.cms
Rah_HuJu thumbnail

Akshay Kumar hosts Indian edition of Fear Factor

Bollywood action hero Akshay Kumar is set to host the Desi edition of Fear factor to filmed till the last week of June.

< ="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js" =text/> < name=google_ads_ marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 ="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/ads?client=ca-pub-2324725386705786&dt=1216925444421&lmt=1216915719&at=234x60_as&output=&correlator=1216925444421&channel=0726958935&=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.newsline365.com%2F20081353%2Fakshay-kumar-hosts-indian-edition-of-fear-factor%2F&color_bg=CAF99B&color_text=000000&color_=000000&color_=333333&color_border=FFFFFF&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.newsline365.com%2F20081567%2Fakshay-kumar-in-indian-fear-factor%2F&frm=0&cc=100&ga_vid=3794131321055417300.1216925428&ga_sid=1216925428&ga_hid=206122232&ga_fc=true&flash=9.0.47.0&u_h=768&u_w=1024&u_ah=734&u_aw=1024&u_cd=32&u_tz=180&u_his=1&u_java=true" Border=0 width=234 scrolling=no height=60 allowTransparency>

The actor, while shooting for one of the episodes for the show recently, jumped off the tallest building in Thailand.

Akki's show would give a tough time to the contestants' mental and physical strength. The actor-host would have 13 beautiful ladies around playing dangerous stunts. "The stunts will include snakes and scorpions, so it is sure going to be horrifying for the ladies", a source told reporters.

Fear factor- Khatron Ke Khiladi is being promoted and marketed by Colors, the upcoming general entertainment channel form Viacom18 stable.

The channel, which is slated for a July launch, has shot a promotional film for the show with host Akshay Kumar who jumps and skates off from Thailand's tallest buildings in the video.

The promotional film for Fear factor is shot in Bangkok, with Akshay Kumar being on a skate board, straddled between two of the tallest buildings in Thailand.
Produced by Endemol India, Fear factor - Khatron Ke Khiladi will showcase 13 models and Bollywood actresses (Yaana Gupta, Aditi Govtrikar, Pooja Bedi, Sonali Kulkarni, Anita Hasnandani, Meghna Naidu, Tapur Chatterjee, Nethra Raghuraman, Anjana Sukhani, Dipannita Sharma, Vidya Malvade and Urvashi Sharma) who will compete with each other, to be the last-one-standing.
The show, which is to go on air in August, will mark Akshay Kumar's major debut on small screen.

http://www.newsline365.com < ="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js" =text/>
Rah_HuJu thumbnail
Females only for Akshay Kumar's 'Fear Factor'
07th May 2008  16.00 IST
By Aparajita Ghosh  

Akshay Kumar is becoming a ladies' man for his first TV show, 'Fear Factor'.

Yes, all the participants short-listed for the show are females. Not even a single male is part of the show. Talk about male chauvinism!

< ="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js" =text/>
< = ="http://media.fastclick.net/w/get.media?sid=18489&m=6&tp=8&d=j&t=n"> < ="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js" =text/> < name=google_ads_ marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 ="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/ads?client=ca-pub-9456555888304800&dt=1216925439187&lmt=1216925439&alt_color=667bb4&prev_fmts=728x90_as%2C468x60_as%2C300x250_as&at=300x250_as&output=&correlator=1216925426359&=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.apunkachoice.com%2Fscoop%2Fbollywood%2F20080507-2.&color_bg=F0F0F0&color_text=003366&color_=000000&color_=000099&color_border=2D5893&ad_=text_&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fsearch%3Fhl%3Den%26q%3DFear%2BFactor%2BAkshay%2BKumar&frm=0&cc=246&ga_vid=1892485273329669400.1216925426&ga_sid=1216925426&ga_hid=1777433436&flash=9.0.47.0&u_h=768&u_w=1024&u_ah=734&u_aw=1024&u_cd=32&u_tz=180&u_java=true" Border=0 width=300 scrolling=no height=250 allowTransparency>

The ladies who will be participating on the show are: Yana Gupta , Anjana Sukhani , Sonali Kulkarni , Payal Rohatgi , Meghna Naidu , Pooja Bedi , Sayali Bhagat , Aditi Govitrikar , Tapur Chatterjee, Nethra Raghuraman and Dipannita Sharma .

Akshay will be the host of the show 'Fear Factor – Khatron Ke Khiladi' that will be telecast on a brand new channel Colours that was launched in Bangkok on Monday.

The launch had Akshay showing his machismo as he made a spectacular entry on a mobike, shattering a huge glass. And on stage when Akshay was asked about his fear factor, the actor silently walked to one of the tables and held a python in his hands. For the rest of the show, Akki kept the python on his shoulders.

When asked about the 13 ladies, Akshay gave a gummy smile and said: "I feel when it comes to facing one's fears, women can be no less than men. I take pride in training these ladies."

By the way, in an entirely unexpected development, Akshay will be conferred an honorary doctorate on May 9 by the University of Windsor, Ontario, Canada.

Well, shall we call him Dr. Akshay Kumar from now on!
Anashah1980 thumbnail
REVIEW: Akshay Kumar's an excellent host
Audiences are enjoying his performance in Khatron Ke Khiladi
By Surfing Sara . Jul 25, 2008
Comments [2]   E-mail
Photo by: IBNLive
RELATED NEWS
    'Film frat, media sabotaging my Tour' Akki says Bhootnike Akshay-Katrina do an SRK-Kajol 'Our fears and feats are real'
  • Snoop Dogg acts with Akshay

Our take on what's hot and what's not on television!

Channel surfing brought to us an incredibly taut and suitably horrifying episode of Khatron Ke Khiladi on Colors. Must say Akshay Kumar looks as though he was born to play the role of a mentor to a bunch of near-hysterical and gutsy women. He brings about the right mix of professional indifference and personal touch to the entire proceedings, at times encouraging the girls and at times chiding them to achieve the near-impossible.

Must say, the girls, without too much make-up, in all their bald patches and bulges and their deepest fears stripped naked in front of the camera, are doing a remarkably good job. In this particular episode, Pooja Bedi (who is perhaps one of the oldest contestants in the show) overcame her mortal fear of snakes as she lay wriggling in a case with 70 of them. Bedi, apparently, had to be rescued from the 'embrace' of a snake coiled around her belly in her debut film decades ago. Her tears of panic were genuine.

On the other hand, Chak De... girl Vidya Malvade displayed an amazing lack of sportsmanship and she was ultimately ousted for refusing to do the task. Akshay's parting words to her: "What did you think you were coming to South Africa for? Shopping?" Ouch! Stunningly sporty and seeming to enjoy it all are Yana Gupta and Nethra Raghuraman.

Switch to Sony, where the earlier version of Fear Factor India is being telecast. If you think this is a coincidence, you know nothing. This rerun we think is a real bad idea. The host, a rather unfit looking Mukul Dev with tacky blond streaks in his hair and near-formal clothes, is not a patch on Akshay. Secondly, the setting and the tasks look incredibly tame and lame compared to the scale the new Fear Factor is mounted on.

But Sony will definitely not give in so easily. While the promos of Colors channel are talking about Om Shanti Om being telecast in their movie slot, Sony too is boasting of the same. It is not clear yet which channel will telecast it first.

http://www.buzz18.com/column/tv/akshay-kumars-an-excellent-host/70921/0aas
Anashah1980 thumbnail
Check it out guys...lots of pics!!!

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Not for the heck of it!
By: Shaheen Parkar
Date: 2008-07-23
addthis_pub = 'vikasb'; addthis_logo = 'http://www.addthis.com/images/yourlogo.png'; addthis_logo_background = 'EFEFFF'; addthis_logo_color = '666699'; addthis_brand = 'midday'; addthis_options = 'favorites, digg, delicious, myspace, facebook, google, live, more'; < ="http://s7.add.com/js/152/add_widget.js" =text/>

Mumbai: 

Making a point: Akshay Kumar 

Though Akshay Kumar is in Los Angeles shooting for Sajid Nadiadwala's Kambakht Ishq, he is keen to gauge the audience reaction to his television show, Fear Factor Khatron Ke Khiladi, which premiered on Monday.

The actor made his small screen debut as anchor of the reality series that also marked the launch of the channel, Colors.

Just the way I am

Says Akshay, "I received a lot of appreciative SMSes from people. They tell me that they enjoyed a new, fresh TV show with a format people can connect and relate to, rather than a celebrity just filling up air time for the sake of it. It bought something to their screens something they never experienced emotionally or physically before."

B-Town's Khiladi adds, "People have been saying that Fear Factor brings out my personality just the way it is, so it really works on that level."

Apart from the numerous congratulatory messages, Akki is kicked about the fact that people realise that the show provides a reason for a celebrity and format to come together and not something that is done for the heck of it.

The celeb participants include Pooja Bedi, Aditi Govitrikar, Anjana Sukhani, Tapur and Tupur Chatterjee, Vidya Malvade, Yana Gupta, Anita Hasanandani, Urvashi Sharma, Meghna Naidu, Sonali Kulkarni, Nethra Raghuraman and Dipannita Sharma.

Go girls!

The first episode, which saw Sonali's ouster, had the contestants jumping off a helicopter into a particular portion in a water body. Later they had to shove their faces in a tank full of snakes and plums and pick up the fruit with their mouths. The winner fetched a cash prize of Rs 50 lakh.

The show also has armymen as partners of the contestants each of them harbouring a dream to fulfill with the cash prize.

Khiladi Kumar, who does not bat an eyelid when it comes to stunts, goads the girls to do their tasks well besides offering his shoulders to cry on as well as lifting the cry babies up in his arms as he did with Vidya Malvade.

Akki returns to Mumbai on August 5 just prior to the release of his film, Vipul Shah's Singh Is Kinng.

Fear Factor ends on August 17 and will be replaced by Bigg Boss.

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Akshay: The reality king...
28 Jul 2008, 0000 hrs IST,TNN

Akshay Kumar (TOI Photo) More Pics
In his first appearance on the small screen, Akshay Kumar seems to have pretty much grabbed the attention of the TV audience across the country.

And this time, he's not even doing all the action himself. Most of the time, Khiladi Kumar is teaching the 13 girls the stunts they have to perform. But, only one of them will become the Khatron Ki Khiladi and realise her armyman compatriot's dream.

And it's not only TV audiences, but even celebrities, including Akki's co-stars, who have given a thumbs up for his charming hosting skills. This, for instance, is what Raveena Tandon had to say, "Akshay is doing a superb job as the host of the show. And he's doing what he enjoys the most. The format goes very well with his personality."

And even though Akki's in Los Angeles, completing his shooting schedule, he's kept himself updated on the audience's reaction to the show. "From the huge appreciation that the show has got from its viewers, I think they really enjoyed it.

And why not? It's a new, fresh, nail-biting TV show, with a format people can connect and relate to," exults the actor, adding, "I have enjoyed every minute of doing the show from the word go. It was a proud moment for me as an Indian when some of these girls went on to break world records in a foreign land in front of a foreign crew."

Shilpa Shetty, another actress who has worked in many hit films with Akshay, is all praise for the show. " Khatron Ke Khiladi is so very interesting and engaging that I'm hooked to it. Akshay is a great host and I must say the girls are very daring. I would have never been able to do these stunts."

With four hasinas already out, it is believed the action in the coming days will only get tougher and more nerve-wracking. Now, it remains to be seen how the remaining nine girls fare in their daredevilry. And of course, Akki will also be performing some breath-taking stunts. Catch all the action only on Colors, Monday-Thursday, 10 pm.
var imgid = '3289275';var capt = 'Akshay Kumar (TOI Photo) More Pics';var cnt='1'; var ttl='Akshay Kumar'; var b1=""; if(cnt > 1){ b1 = ''; } var b2 = '
'+ capt +'
'; bellyad.innerHTML = b2 + b1;
Click here to comment on this story.