Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

miel thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by: cndguju

gigli wrote:

What a woman wants to do with her body is her choice and her choice only. If a woman wants to get an abortion for whatever reason she has every right too. No one can tell another person what to do. That is like if I went to someone in a restaurant and said "Don't eat that because I do not want you to!"

The only time I can personally disagree with abortion is when someone uses it as a form of birth control (constant abortions), but like I said no one should be able to stop someone from aborting a baby. If someone is raped- why should they be further reminded of that event?

Also- one needs to think about the kids! If someone knows they cannot provide the right means to care for a child's well-being and does not wish to give them up for adoption (because they fear they might want to meet the child which would further complicate matters) then it is in everyone's best interest that the child not be born.

I still do not understand who gave anyone the right to tell a person what not to do with their body. That makes no sense to me.

As for the father- if he is not in the picture- he has no say. If he is... a joint decision has to be made. If the father really wants the baby- then he should take full responsibility for the child.... I know this would probably not always work but....

............................................................ .........................................................

gurl i couldnt have put it, any better.....completly agree!!!!

i share your opinion.its the women's right to choose.

MonicA#1Actress thumbnail

As much as abortions are necessary in some cases, I don't think they should allowed just for anyone! If you have health problems, or if you were raped, or if the child has prolems, and possibly if you will be unable to take care of the child due to other problems, then abortion can be done!

Abortion is a serious thing and a very sad one! Since I plan on attended medical school later in my life, I took medical classes with special permission from my high school!

Have any of you seen an abortion???? If not, then it is very easy for all of you to say that it is the womens choice and everything is up to her!

It is one of the most horrible procedures ever!!!!!!!!

Sorry if this is graphic, but this is reality! The limbs are cut off a lot of times, sometimes a vacuum is used to pull the embryo out and the baby basically turns to mush!😭

I was in total shock! Of course I didn't see it happen in an office but in videos of the procedures being done!  I also saw videos of surgeries being done, in which case I suggest only people who can handle these kinds of things to become doctors! 

My point, try to avoid abortion if possible! It is terrible and very sad that an undeveloped life does not get a chance to be born and live a life. Even 1 1/2 to 2 months into a pregnancy an embryo begins to develop human characteristics, and a small heartbeat develops!

Please avoid  abortion if you can! IT IS JUST NOT WORTH IT!

Aparna_BD thumbnail

Originally posted by: MonicA#1Actress

As much as abortions are necessary in some cases, I don't think they should allowed just for anyone! If you have health problems, or if you were raped, or if the child has prolems, and possibly if you will be unable to take care of the child due to other problems, then abortion can be done!

Abortion is a serious thing and a very sad one! Since I plan on attended medical school later in my life, I took medical classes with special permission from my high school!

Have any of you seen an abortion???? If not, then it is very easy for all of you to say that it is the womens choice and everything is up to her!

It is one of the most horrible procedures ever!!!!!!!!

Sorry if this is graphic, but this is reality! The limbs are cut off a lot of times, sometimes a vacuum is used to pull the embryo out and the baby basically turns to mush!😭

I was in total shock! Of course I didn't see it happen in an office but in videos of the procedures being done!  I also saw videos of surgeries being done, in which case I suggest only people who can handle these kinds of things to become doctors! 

My point, try to avoid abortion if possible! It is terrible and very sad that an undeveloped life does not get a chance to be born and live a life. Even 1 1/2 to 2 months into a pregnancy an embryo begins to develop human characteristics, and a small heartbeat develops!

Please avoid  abortion if you can! IT IS JUST NOT WORTH IT!

Would you then say a woman who gets pregnant accidentally and is forced to keep the baby and due to depression commits suicide its O.K ??
Because thats what happens , there are strong possibility when its imposed on a woman she may attempt to take her own life .Would that be wrong ? If you say yes . But thats what depression does to you !!!!!!!!

Naina_Manam thumbnail
But the whole point is don't get pregnant if you don't want the baby..... Aparna and I have already had tons of discussoins on this toipc!
Aparna_BD thumbnail

Originally posted by: naina_manam

But the whole point is don't get pregnant if you don't want the baby..... Aparna and I have already had tons of discussoins on this toipc!

Yes dear i know !!😆😆 But many others , like new members , or old ones that did not particpate aren't done yet !!And i don't mind discussing it again , as i am used to repeating myself untill i get myself across - you see i used to be a school teacher untill i retired!!😆

The whole point in not so easy Naina, many time people get pregnant accidentaly . As i said before it's lack of education/Knowledge some times or maybe their birth control method failed !! Once pregnant woman go through hormonal change that affects them very deeply mentally .If mother to be is not prepared or happy , she will think of suicide as a possibility if forced to keep a baby against her will.
Edited by indygirl - 18 years ago

A mother wouldn't be so foolish to commit suicide unless she was forced too!

Also, no one can "accidentally" get pregnant! It would be an accident if a man was walking down the street and  tripped and he or she accidentally fell on a girl and "ahem ahem" happened!

Sex is done intentionally, and everyone should be aware that they can control their emotions and even get birth control! If you are raped, different story of course!

Also, I didn't say that the women can't get abortion at all! I said if she can avoid it, then she shoud look for a way to avoid it! Abortion can also take a toll on her body, besides from killing a life! If she can find good people to raise the child, then she should at least give it a thought! The only consequence of that would be that the child later in life will love his or her birth mother very much for giving him/her a chance to live! 

Aparna_BD thumbnail

Originally posted by: MonicA#1Actress

A mother wouldn't be so foolish to commit suicide unless she was forced too!

Also, no one can "accidentally" get pregnant! It would be an accident if a man was walking down the street and  tripped and he or she accidentally fell on a girl and "ahem ahem" happened!

Sex is done intentionally, and everyone should be aware that they can control their emotions and even get birth control! If you are raped, different story of course!

Also, I didn't say that the women can't get abortion at all! I said if she can avoid it, then she shoud look for a way to avoid it! Abortion can also take a toll on her body, besides from killing a life! If she can find good people to raise the child, then she should at least give it a thought! The only consequence of that would be that the child later in life will love his or her birth mother very much for giving him/her a chance to live! 

Monica , you CAN get pregnant accidentaly , that means , in this context when you have no plans for it . Sorry , English is a funny language as once Amitabh Bacchan said !!😆 This term is used often , when meaning you had no plans for it . Many slip ups happen , that means all birth control methods are NOT 100 % safe .   So thats the meaning of an accidental pregnancy .

Secondly , please understand , you are young yet , and don't know that women go through too many hormanal changes at pregnancy , many times it leads to an imbalance in the brain . It is said 1/5 woman goes through post partum depression , meaning when after giving a birth , woman goes through depression . This depression is not like " I am feeling sad" type . Its very very serious . I have seen it in 2 of my closest friends who had break down .This friend was so serious , she was hallicunating , and she attacked her loved ones , she couldn't even nurse her son through it all . Its so serious that they needed monitoring . Fortunately they had loving husbands to help them through . Not every pregnant girl has a loving husband or a parent to help her through . It is then when a woman considers suicide ........... during pregnancy and after pregnancy !!

Originally posted by: indygirl

Monica , you CAN get pregnant accidentaly , that means , in this context when you have no plans for it . Sorry , English is a funny language as once Amitabh Bacchan said !!😆 This term is used often , when meaning you had no plans for it . Many slip ups happen , that means all birth control methods are NOT 100 % safe .   So thats the meaning of an accidental pregnancy .

Secondly , please understand , you are young yet , and don't know that women go through too many hormanal changes at pregnancy , many times it leads to an imbalance in the brain . It is said 1/5 woman goes through post partum depression , meaning when after giving a birth , woman goes through depression . This depression is not like " I am feeling sad" type . Its very very serious . I have seen it in 2 of my closest friends who had break down .This friend was so serious , she was hallicunating , and she attacked her loved ones , she couldn't even nurse her son through it all . Its so serious that they needed monitoring . Fortunately they had loving husbands to help them through . Not every pregnant girl has a loving husband or a parent to help her through . It is then when a woman considers suicide ........... during pregnancy and after pregnancy !!

I understand and see! I know it isn't easy! Maybe I am young and when I become a mother maybe I will get a better idea! My only viewpoint was try to be careful as possible! If the women can find a baby a better home she should at least look into it! If she can do it then it is better for both! Abortion I have seen can have tremendous effects on the women's body! Since the pregnancy ends so abruptly, it sends the pregnancy hormones even more into an imbalance because abortion is done without the body knowing it! Anyways, I just think a women should try to be carefulm if something does happen, at least see is she can do something else for the baby! If worst comes to worst, then maybe abortion might be necessary!  But I saw the actual abortion happening on tape and it is very sad to see! Especially when the baby was not at fault!

Thanks for your viewpoints! I understand what you mean as well! This topic just has too many sides to it! There is no clear right or wrong! Just too much to consider!😕

Aparna_BD thumbnail
MonicaA#1Actress , i too agree that it MUST not be used as a birth control method . As in casually . But not many women use it so casually .And it would be nice if she would give up that child for adoption , there would be many happy adoptee parents who would be glad to accept them. And yes i agree abortion too is often very traumatising for the woman .

And what i liked the most about what you wrote , that abortion is a very complicated decision , there is NO wrong or RIGHT . Its so very situational . That is what i try and say !!

Over time i realised that not to judge people - thats why i have a mid path approach towards every thing . I prefer to keep a open mind and not be too rigid !!
Edited by indygirl - 18 years ago

Originally posted by: indygirl

MonicaA#1Actress , i too agree that it MUST not be used as a birth control method . As in casually . But not many women use it so casually .And it would be nice if she would give up that child for adoption , there would be many happy adoptee parents who would be glad to accept them. And yes i agree abortion too is often very traumatising for the woman .

And what i liked the most about what you wrote , that abortion is a very complicated decision , there is NO wrong or RIGHT . Its so very situational . That is what i try and say !!

Over time i realised that not to judge people - thats why i have a mid path approach towards every thing . I prefer to keep a open mind and not be too rigid !!

Yay! I think that is the best answer! There is no right or wrong! There si too much to look into and the situation should be looked at!

But it isn't right to use abortion as a way to concieve the desired sex( Males!) or as a form of birth control!  That is what really gets me upset!😭