Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blughost91 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
i think that abortion is one of the most horrendous things known to human kind!!!!! i mean first off u are killing a human being so tha's murder....second off.....wat if u were that baby?????i mean wat if ur mother wanted to kill u off?????u wouldn't b here would u?????if the child has deformities or sumthin and u don't want u could give the baby up for adoption!!!!!!but to sum things out abortion should be illegalized!!!!
cloudz thumbnail

Whether abortion is right or not depends entirely on the situation at hand.

If for any reason you don't think that the child being brought into the world can have a proper upbringing, and that at that stage in your life you won't be able to provide everything the child needs, it makes perfect sense to have an abortion, because what is the point of having a child that you can't keep happy.

However, that doesn't mean that abortion should be used as an easy way out to do just about anything and then get rid of the child.  People should learn to face the consequences of what they do, and after all what you are killing is a life.  There are other ways to prevent getting pregnant rather than removing the life once its already within you.

RUPALV22 thumbnail

As anything this too has its oen advantages & disadvantages-It's legal in cases of congenital malformations,rape,challenged mental state of mother or serious physical illness etc. but in today's world of awareness I feel this fecility is being taken advantage of-I come across so many woman who are reluctant of using contraception...only on the basis of misconceptions abt them.so many women prefer"Safai" -tha's the word used by them to the extra bleeding of IUCD.so many don't take pills to maintain their weight & don't want motherhood to conserve figure,it's easiest escapism for youth to have fun ,you suddenly find increase in cases after Navratri..yes sex determination is problem here eventhough illegal it's done here...oh daughter -in-laws are compelled to do so or their life is worse than hell...

so of course abortion should be personal decision as it's woman who has to live with or without that child...but again it should be weighed as it can no way be used as escapism from our responsibilty.....!!

smilingstar3 thumbnail

this is a hard thing to answer. it's either a yes or a no.

Abortion should be allowed IF one GETS raped and gets pregnant and doesn't want to keep the child because of what happened....

although it isn't the childs fault yet also it's not the person's who got raped.

now if someone got pregnant intentionally and they knew about the consequences...then abortion should not be porhibitted.

Because it's not the baby's fault that one got pregnant. it was ones decision to do what they did. they should have thought about it.

why kill an innocent life for the mistake you caused?? that's something to think about.

that's my opinion.

also killing an innocent life is sad. if you got raped well it's up to the person. i mean after what happened...maybe abortion...but I don't know.t he question is quite hard to answer and requires alot of put in thought.

usachick821 thumbnail

motherhood should never be a punishment for having unprotected sex. Many kids today are having unprotected sex all the time, and not having an abortion available during teen years can ruin the education of a prospering teenager, taking care of the baby would have to become the primary aspect in their lives.

Also, in some cases this leads to the parent blaming the child and abusing the child because the parent (subconciously) blames the child for not having a good life. 

and yes, abortion should never be used as a form of birth control. Instead of preaching about the fact that abortion is wrong, we should teach children about the consquences of having unprotected sex, and what could be possible outcomes, but that doesnt mean that you have to scare the child into thinking that sex is taboo. Being a teenager myself, i am disappointed in some indian parents who refuse to accept teens who become pregnant before marriage. It is the parent's duty to  accept the path which their child will chose, whether it is abortion or keeping the child.

(no offense meant)

silverfrost thumbnail

Originally posted by: cndguju

gigli wrote:

I still do not understand who gave anyone the right to tell a person what not to do with their body. That makes no sense to me.

Well although I agree with most of gigli's views, I don't agree with this sentence especially. Becoz I still don't understand who gave anyone the right to kill a life..makes no sense to me. Its not just your body...its also the body of another life form or a potential life form. You don't have any right over some one else's life.

Aparna_BD thumbnail
I totally agree with Gigli's point of view ....It should always be a woman's point of view .Nobody has the right to dictate this choice except the partner if he is in the picture .but i also want to add thats its most sinfull to abort a child on the basis of gender . 
amreen1409 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Going thru an Abortion just cuz of the baby's gender is immoral in my view!

Amreen
Aparna_BD thumbnail

Ides wrote "Many people think that it is better to abort a child who has genetic disorders….I disagree with this…..I don't think anyone has the right to play God with a another being….my family friend's unborn baby was diagnosed with some sort disorder that the doctors said would give it very little chance of survival and she had the option of aborting the baby. Needless to say she was shattered but still refused the abortion. Her baby was born healthy…..the docs later found out that her reports had been changed with that of another lady…"

. This totally sounds fatalastic to me . Leave it to god and trust him . "God helps those who help themselves".When you are not capable of looking after a child who is a special needs child . Its better not to bring this child in the harsh cruel world !!!

Gentle girl wrote
"she shouldnt have  had the sex in the first. well having abortion can cause many problems after their marrige i mean after marrige when you really wants a child that child might be abnormal  what will you say to your husband in that time , you shouldn't think about only present you should think about the future even. i dont think abortion is such a good idea  even for the girl who has been raped, cos its not that babys fault that she got raped
"

i don't think its correct to decide when an adult to have sex .( yes i don't approve of teens having sex).......but i believe its a question of responsibility , enjoy but with responsibility. Incase it was my teen daughter who got pregnant , i would advice her to abort , than rather ruin her own life. After all whats done ...has been done .The only way to face upto errors is to correct the situation . And medically its not proven that aborting the first child will cause problems later . Its an old theory !!

Also keeping a child who has been the result of rape is a terrible idea. Its the most traumatic thing for a rape victim to face the child every day . Is it worth it for this child to come in to the world and face hatred from his own mother and have the knowledge about his father  !!!
Edited by indygirl - 18 years ago
Jyoti_Saroya1 thumbnail
I agree with "gigli" (Jen) too! 😆