Debate Mansion

Ambitious Indian Women and Marriage

sowmyaa thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
They say its hard to be very ambitious women and have great married life. I know it has lot to do with your spouse and his support but overall indian male do expect women to take back seat when it comes to carrier choice and home. (time like when you have baby etc.)

what are your thoughts about it?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MonicA#1Actress thumbnail

Ok! I can make my married life work! Looking at my username, you can tell I am an actress! I act in theatres and I enjy print modeling! At the same time I am gonna go to Medical or Law School! I know the kind of impact it will have on my life but I am ready to do it!! I will have to marry a person who understands this, because I don't want a man who will try to suppress me into being a housewife! Eventually I want kids, possibly in my mid-twenties, and I will take some time off, but I will not let go of my career and dreams! I will find a way to make things work! For now I just care about my dreams and career and I am not thinking about marriage and besides I am only 17! LOLzzzz!! Just my views!

~Monica~

Naina_Manam thumbnail
Well yes that depends on the spouse too but also on the women. If she can manage to do both at the same time then it should be okay and they should marry someone who will understand it.

But yes definitely ignoring home for career... I wouldn't support that.
Aparna_BD thumbnail
Hi bgdesai !! Actually this topic has been discussed recently under "Working women " . But no problems . I'll re iterate myself . Women are definately gods gift to man kind !! 😆 No kidding !! They can juggle a career , great marriage , kids ,home all at once and still have energy for more . While men would just go to work and every time you ask them to help at home ......they'll respond with " I am too tired ".......aren't we all !!! 😊

Yes sometimes , women may find it necesarry to put their career on hold and manage their family . But thats a women's choice . I can't say that if she doesn't she isn't a good wife or parent !!

For example : I had this friend from school who i thought will be very career orineted . She strangely quit her job after her baby and didn't feel the desire to go back . And there is this another one , i didn't expect this friend to be any great shakes at work , but she is so driven that she leaves her   1 year old baby with her parents for the whole week and spends time only on weekends or evenings . She doesn't have too much time for her baby !!! I HATE judging any one . Coz i hate to be judged !! So i can't say she's a bad parent or a good Career person . Just that i wouldn't have done what she is doing in her situation!!
Naina_Manam thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: indygirl

Hi bgdesai !! Actually this topic has been discussed recently under "Working women " . But no problems . I'll re iterate myself . Women are definately gods gift to man kind !! 😆 No kidding !!

Lols Indygirl!!!