thnx frndz 4 likin my work, πŸ˜ƒ

Aarthi
nram thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Aamir : Movie Review
07th June 2008  22.30 IST
By Nikhil Kumar  

Now, here's a film that catches you off-guard and leaves you awestruck with its sheer intensity. Aamir is a commendable movie coming from a first-timer.

Marking the graduation of television star Rajeev Khandelwal to the big screen, 'Aamir' tells the story of a Muslim doctor who arrives in Mumbai from the UK. But the minute he steps out of the airport lounge, he begins getting threat calls on a mobile given to him by a stranger. On stake is the life of Aamir's family. The only way Aamir can save them is to do what he is told to.

type=text/javascript> src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ad s.js" type=text/javascript>
language=javascript src="http://media.fastclick.net/w/get.media?sid=18489&m= 6&tp=8&d=j&t=n"> type=text/javascript> src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ad s.js" type=text/javascript>

Following the instructions of the fanatic on the other end of the line, the suited booted Aamir goes through the filth and squalor of Mumbai's impoverished bylanes, the red-light areas, the dilapidated buildings and the bustling markets until he finds himself in a dead-end situation where he has to either carry out a deadly act or risk losing his family forever.

'Aamir' is a slice-of-life cinema that mirrors the possibility, if not reality, how a harmless individual can be held to ransom and blackmailed into doing something seemingly beyond his morals and capacity.

The movie works primarily because its lead player Rajeev Khandelwal lends credence to the character with his finely nuanced performance – deftly punctuated with restraint and outbursts.

Secondly, the film's director Rajkumar Gupta does a heck of a job behind the camera. The movie, shot like a docu-drama, seethes with tension and restlessness in almost every frame. The camera jerks or lingering close-ups, or the haunting leitmotif tune on the violin, or the crisp editing – all blend in harmony to create a powerful, gripping audio-visual experience on the screen.

Definitely worth a watch.

Rating: ***

Source: apunkachoice.com

Edited by nram - 15 years ago
Devotion. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
wowiee aarthi dee....gr8 front pg yaar..congo shongo.. πŸ‘
Devotion. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Siggys

Aarthi dee add them to the front pg if u want to..😊
nram thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

And... action!

Sun, Jun 8 12:50 AM

From Sujal to Aamir and #8230; how much has Rajeev changed? A lot. And perhaps not at all.

I'm still the same person at heart. I think the same way.

But work-wise, I have evolved and I hope I have evolved for the better. Each of my characters, be it Sujal in Kahiin Toh Hoga or Capt Rajbir Shekhawat in Left Right Left, has made me grow as an actor.

So why is Aamir so worried? He's a doctor who lands at an airport and receives a call. The moment he receives that call, his life changes.

He's chased while following instructions on the phone. It's a suspense thriller, shot almost entirely on location.

Must have been an experience and #8230; Oh, it was. The entire film was shot with a hidden camera inside a car.

Raj [director Raj Kumar Gupta] wanted to shoot it this way. He made me run on the streets irrespective of heat and dust.

I'd get instructions from him on the phone and I had to act and follow them at the same time. It was strenuous and challenging, but when I saw the film, I realised it was worth the effort.

You've always been a bit of a lover boy, yet there's no love in Aamir. Why? That's just so girls don't have anyone to be jealous of.

(Laughs). Actually, this was one of the aspects that drew me to the project.

Aamir gave me an opportunity to change the image I have had so far. Ekta also had a release on the same day and #8230; I know.

That, too, Sarkar Raj with the Bachchans. Ekta told me when I SMS-ed to invite her for the premiere.

June 6 was also her birthday and she was to go to Tirupati Balaji to seek blessings. But she has wished me well.

And I hope that both the films find their audience.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/hindustantimes/20080608/r_t_ht_en_b wd/ten-and-action-5ed277e.html
aarsow thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thnx pihu sis,

u r siggies r splendid,

guyz 2day in chennai tickets r house full, πŸ˜ƒ

Aarthi
aarsow thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
ya sis.i'l add give me the link sis,

Aarthi