Akhilendra Mishra as RAVAN --article

Shruti11 thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Akhilendra Mishra as Ravan

When Ramayan is mentioned after Ram and Sita it is Ravan who elicits the most interest. The ongoing epic on NDTV imagine has now reached the stage when the demon king of Lanka, Ravan is scheduled to make an entry. And what could be more intriguing than knowing who plays the role of Ravan?

Ravan will be played by Akhilendra Mishra.

To know when Ravan comes in we go back to the story. As soon as Sita is alone, Ravan comes in the disguise of a hermit asking for alms and Sita crosses the Lakshman Rekha. Ravan takes advantage of the situation and abducts her.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shruti11 thumbnail

Ramayan enters its most significant chapter

MUMBAI: Starting 2 June, NDTV Imagine's Ramayan presents the start of a hugely significant chapter as Ravan, the demon king of Lanka makes his first appearance on the epic show! While Lord Ram and Sita are getting accustomed to their life in the jungles during the 14 year Vanvaas, a situation arises which leads Ravan into this epic, marking a significant turning point in the story! So tune in to Ramayan starting 2 June at 9:30 pm only on NDTV Imagine!

One day Ravan's sister Surpanka sees Lakshman and desires to marry him. She transforms herself into an alluring princess and attempts to entice him. Irritated by her advances, Lakshman shoots an arrow at her which cuts off her nose. She reveals her demon form and swears revenge before speeding off to Ravan's kingdom to report the humiliation. She screams for justice and avengement. Her brother and his demon advisors feel that no time should be lost to punish the youth who has dared to spurn his sister's amorous advances. Ravan schemes to abduct Sita and sends his uncle Maarich in the guise of a golden deer as a distraction. Sita sees the deer and asks Ram to get it for her. The deer lures Ram away from Sita and cries out loud for help in Ram's voice. Sita gets worried and sends Lakshman to check on him. As a precaution, he draws a Lakshman Rekha which only Sita can cross and no one can enter inside it.

As soon as Sita is alone, Ravan comes in the disguise of a hermit asking for alms and Sita crosses the Lakshman Rekha. Ravan takes advantage of the situation and abducts her. Hence, starts the most important chapter of this epic story. The character of Ravan will be played by Akhilendra Mishra.

Edited by shruti_gauri1 - 15 years ago
Shruti11 thumbnail
Akhilendra mishra 

Filmography as Actor

Mohan Das - A Man lost in his own nation (2008)

The Channel X (2008)

Aaja Nachley (2007) - Chaudhary Om Singh

Utthaan (2006)

Ek Ajnabee (2006) - ACP Harvinder Singh 'Harry'

Shikhar (2006) - Irfan Bhai

Apaharan (2005) - Brijnath Mishra

Nigehbaan: The Third Eye (2005)

Ramji Londonwaley (2005)

Veer-Zaara (2004) - Jailor

Jaago (2004) - Politician

Deewaar (2004)

Hulchul (2004) - Surya

Aanch (2003) - Diwakar's dad

Gangaajal (2003) - DSP Bhurelal

Mumbai Se Aaya Mera Dost (2003) - Priest

Parwana (2003) - Commissioner of Police

Lal Salaam (2002) - Rathod (Forest Ranger)

The Legend of Bhagat Singh (2002) - Chandrashekhar Azad

Lagaan (2001) - Arjan

Tarkieb (2000) - Bishen Nanda

Edited by shruti_gauri1 - 15 years ago
camella thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
ok...i dunno y..im not really happy with the choice of ravan..this person is a good actor but for the 'looks' of RAVAN...yaayiyaayi 🤢 ..i've seen this guy's acting before in the legend of bhagat singh , lagaan n aaja nachle..but its too early to judge..maybe he may really fit into the character..lets see😕Edited by camella - 15 years ago
sitakshii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
thanks !! shruti !!! for the info.

but i really don't like him ,he is looking sooooooooooooooooooooooooo gaudy types ,sooooo amuch of fake makeup ,

ravan has to be super serious like KHAR-DOOSHAN TYPES,I LIKE THE ACTING OF KHAR-DOOSHAN & THEIR LOOKS !!!
rupalip thumbnail
Right Ravan is the best in Ravan serial zeetv, Ravan should be tall. Akhilendra Mishra is the one who played KRUR SINGH in chandrakanta yakku character, may be the reason they opted him.
lets see what will happen.
I read the time when Sitaji was worried of Ramji and was requesting Laxmanji to help him
and Laxmanji all the time answer "dont worry No one can kill Ram bhaiya, even if all deities
n demons extract together , Ram will win. All this is just Mayavi demons work, u dont worry,
I m more worried of you, I m seeing some bad omens (apshakun) here which means you are in danger."

But SItaji , a wife , was not convinced with laxmans statement and finally she used very harsh
words for laxman just to make him go, coz was very worried of Ramji.
She said" What r u doing here? not obeying me , even listening your elder bros voice Laxman
help me! u r standing like a stone , not moving from here. I can see your motives, I know U
actually want to have me. This is the reason why you followed us here in vanvas. You always
wished me and wanted your brother receive death. I know all this is not only your plan but
Bharat also involve in all this, he is looking after kingdom and u after me.
But u never know I m pativrata and will finish my life if something wrong happened with Ramji.
I will not let you succeed in your motives so easily and more of stuffs like this"
To insult Laxman and make him go.
Laxmanji denied all this and left the place saying its better to go instead of hearing
all these bad stuffs. He always worshipped sitaji as Mother and never looked at her face.
Always touched her feet and served her from heart.
On the way when ramji asked Laxman what u doing here n wheres SIta.
Laxman narrated everything and Ramji answered "But Why you left her alone, when u know its
all a females nature using these kind of words on misery, that deer was marich and am so worried
of Sita now."

It was all Yog Maya and Saraswatijis maya that turned Sitajis sweet words and temper. same thing happens
in todays life too. Most of the Females in anger dont mind what to say and what not. This kind of temper is also a gift from God.
Shruti11 thumbnail

Originally posted by: camella

ok...i dunno y..im not really happy with the choice of ravan..this person is a good actor but for the 'looks' of RAVAN...yaayiyaayi 🤢 ..i've seen this guy's acting before in the legend of bhagat singh , lagaan n aaja nachle..but its too early to judge..maybe he may really fit into the character..lets see😕

ya he is good actor but i m confused that he will suit ravan role or not

Shruti11 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sita11

thanks !! shruti !!! for the info.

but i really don't like him ,he is looking sooooooooooooooooooooooooo gaudy types ,sooooo amuch of fake makeup ,

ravan has to be super serious like KHAR-DOOSHAN TYPES,I LIKE THE ACTING OF KHAR-DOOSHAN & THEIR LOOKS !!!

ur welecome yes his pic is not good
Shruti11 thumbnail

Originally posted by: rupalip

Right Ravan is the best in Ravan serial zeetv, Ravan should be tall. Akhilendra Mishra is the one who played KRUR SINGH in chandrakanta yakku character, may be the reason they opted him.
lets see what will happen.
I read the time when Sitaji was worried of Ramji and was requesting Laxmanji to help him
and Laxmanji all the time answer "dont worry No one can kill Ram bhaiya, even if all deities
n demons extract together , Ram will win. All this is just Mayavi demons work, u dont worry,
I m more worried of you, I m seeing some bad omens (apshakun) here which means you are in danger."

But SItaji , a wife , was not convinced with laxmans statement and finally she used very harsh
words for laxman just to make him go, coz was very worried of Ramji.
She said" What r u doing here? not obeying me , even listening your elder bros voice Laxman
help me! u r standing like a stone , not moving from here. I can see your motives, I know U
actually want to have me. This is the reason why you followed us here in vanvas. You always
wished me and wanted your brother receive death. I know all this is not only your plan but
Bharat also involve in all this, he is looking after kingdom and u after me.
But u never know I m pativrata and will finish my life if something wrong happened with Ramji.
I will not let you succeed in your motives so easily and more of stuffs like this"
To insult Laxman and make him go.
Laxmanji denied all this and left the place saying its better to go instead of hearing
all these bad stuffs. He always worshipped sitaji as Mother and never looked at her face.
Always touched her feet and served her from heart.
On the way when ramji asked Laxman what u doing here n wheres SIta.
Laxman narrated everything and Ramji answered "But Why you left her alone, when u know its
all a females nature using these kind of words on misery, that deer was marich and am so worried
of Sita now."

It was all Yog Maya and Saraswatijis maya that turned Sitajis sweet words and temper. same thing happens
in todays life too. Most of the Females in anger dont mind what to say and what not. This kind of temper is also a gift from God.

thx for ur info

AishwaryaRathod thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
hmm..i remember him from Veer Zaara--he is who Rani's character tells off for being mean to Veer; and then when he has to testify in court for Veer==he says what Rani told him about Veer being prisoner #786; and i remember he was in AN as well

hmmmm--he is Ravaan...but he isnt thaat baddd--lets see whats to follow..