NewsOTW:It’s not our fault

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago

Varun Badola is not a happy guy these days. The actor who plays one of the leads in Star Plus' Aek Chabhi Hai Padoss Mein (yes, it's still on air) claims the channel isn't doing much to promote the weekly soap. He adds that the time-slot (7 to 8 pm) is a "dead slot" despite which Aek Chabhi... has managed to gar- ner TRPs.

Candid

Suhasi Goradia also complains that her own family prefers dailies over weeklies. "Why blame the public?" she sighs. Aek Chabhi.. was initially a half-hour bi-weekly. Now it's an hourly weekly which she insists, has cost them viewers. The Sunday morning repeat at 10 am, however, has high viewership. Despite their grouses, the lead couple of this mohalla- based soap are extremely proud that Aek Chabhi… isn't a saas- bahu melodrama. "And we've managed to stick around for a year and a half," smiles Goradia. Badola is currently busy with Jersey No. 10 in which he plays a cricket coach, and a movie, Aaja Gunaah Kar Le. 

Source: Hindustan Times e-Paper, Mumbai Edition dated May 10, 2008

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sonia77 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks Shreya...so they also feel the same and i guess its just unfair that starplus gives them such a slot!!!...and the repeat 10 AM sunday morning....its hardly that great!!!!....
Nisha_07 thumbnail
Thanks Ksh...news hot off the press...
Now, how did he forget about Aaja Gunaah Kar Le in his last interview? That makes 4 projects by my count...seems he can only remember 2 at a time!

I'm glad they're talking about this to the press, as they say any publicity is good publicity....
sonia77 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Shreya..why is your new poll post not opening????..
Fazila~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Nisha_07

Thanks Ksh...news hot off the press...
Now, how did he forget about Aaja Gunaah Kar Le in his last interview? That makes 4 projects by my count...seems he can only remember 2 at a time!

I'm glad they're talking about this to the press, as they say any publicity is good publicity....

thanks ksh, atleast the actores protesting against star plus.....its a good sign.............😊
TheRager thumbnail
maybe our protests have inspired them. and suhasi's interview after ages.
@sonia:it was taking ages to get the poll created. i'll request fazi to delete it.
Fazila~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: kshreya2002

maybe our protests have inspired them. and suhasi's interview after ages.
@sonia:it was taking ages to get the poll created. i'll request fazi to delete it.

done, i wanted to reply, but couldnt, somethings wrong with IF today.....its lagging.....
ketaki_ry thumbnail
chalo, someone apart from us is screaming abt it too!!

btw, it 10AM?? in india? is a complete sauteli treatment yaar..

btw, I liked the caption (to the nice haircut picture). - whats in a flower?

😆
TheRager thumbnail
not thats a typo...its 10 pm. its coming right now and i dont have interest in seeing it.
ketaki_ry thumbnail
oh ok. yup.. I wouldnt be watching that one either.

but in UK its a sujata convinced episode. I m not missing that one.. tho' I m preparing myself to watch a very not-looking-good sandy in Hi-res.