If I May... I’d Like To Say Something....

Tasha1985 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago

To the DMG Dev. Team, and DMGians

Hello,

To start, I'd like to say that if anyone finds this post offensive or inappropriate, the DMG Dev. Team is free to close it and there will be no hurt feelings on my side.😊

Now ......

In the past few days, we've all seen that quite a few threads have been opened in the lst few days that voiced critical opinions of the show and others that voiced more accepting opinions of the show.  Now we've seen that these posts becamse heated and possibly, and surely unintentionally hurtful to the people holding the opposite opinion to either side.  I'm sure that the feelings of the people wanting to constructively criticize the show were hurt upon their voices being shut down and deleted.  At the same time I'm sure that the feeings of those who like the show as it is were hurt upon seeing such criticism and sarcasm directed at a show they love. 

So if I may, I'd like to make a suggestion.  I'm really no one to be making this suggestion as I am not that active on this forum and I've only recently caught up on the show but the for the past few weeks I've been astounded by the positivity and creativity displayed in this forum and I'd personally like to see that continue.  So I'd like to suggest that two threads be made (and moderated):

1) a thread specifically for constructive criticism of the show - where members are free to analyze the show to its smallest detail but with the hope that these members will be able to provide ideas of improvements/changes they'd like to see.

2) a thread specifically for pure appreciation of the show - where members are free to express their love for the show despite any faults etc.

.... and opinions from one thread would not be expressed in the other ..... nor would anyone be trying to change anyones opinion about anything.

This would also be quite helpful and a more accurate reflection of the fans opinions of the show to anyone who happens to come across this forum, as they'd be able to see both the positive and negative feedback without any biases or bitterness, sarcasm, or fighting.

Now, I know that there is a weekly discussion thread but I believe these two would be different as they would not be restricted to weekly discussions .....

I'm making this appeal to everyone because I truly feel that we should not have dils filled with bitterness towards anyone in the Dill MILL Gayye forum .... I mean I think that this might help ease away some of the negativity that I personally feel has appeared recently and help keep our dills together.😳 

And please, I'm not taking anyone's side when I say "negativity" because although I love the show, I appreciate freedom of speech and actually do find some of the criticism constructive when given with ideas for improvement.  But I do feel that both sides to this issue have felt the other being negative to them.  From what I've read in the last few days, I feel that there is a misunderstanding here that the people who dislike elements of the show are here only to bash it while those who like the show are here to shut the others up.  I don't think this is correct but somehow this is the sentiment that is getting projected.

So if any of you like my idea or agree with me that we should agree to disagree and allow both sides to have and hold their opinions, please feel free to say so here.😃  If you do not agree with me, or feel I am out of line .... I'm sure that upon your request to the Dev. Team this thread can be closed.😊

Thank You for taking the time to read this😊

Edited by NaVy1985 - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Who-I-Used-2-Be thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I like your suggestions and I hope they're taken into consideration..I have wanted to post a topic like this for some time, you beat me to it.. 😊

Oh I'd love if there were threads like 'The reality check point' or ' The voice of truth' or 'Another perspective' where people are allowed constructive criticism..Cheesy you say it sounds..Then change the titles, I wasn't being serious about them... 😉
AmazingHuh thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
excellent post and a good proposal Tasha but I don't know how far this can be implemented..
dhvanisoni thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Yes I wud love this idea. No one has forced anybody to believe wht they dont want to.Its just that critical analysis in a different thread would help the creatives to take care of such things.
"I feel that there is a misunderstanding here that the people who dislike elements of the show are here only to bash it while those who like the show are here to shut the others up. "I think thts wht people are interpreting .As if the critics don't like the show in its entirety and just want to say all bad abt each and every characters.Tht was not at all the motive of those topics.

mayah thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hear hear....i agree...i hope ur proposal is taken into consideration as there are people on the forum whose topics get shut down simply because the opposing side dont like the views expressed in them
-tanya- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
excellent post yaar 👏 ..i also hope ur post reaches to the highest and makes a difference..way to go 👏
shockalot thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
hey, great post and welcome to the DMG section, haha always love getting new fans! 😳
I think you mak very valid point and you've suggested a great idea! It's what they do in a few other sections, have a negative/positive thread, this way you can "vent" appropriately without there being fights 😊
Parachute. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
😳 I think that it is a good idea...I have no problem with threads that constructively critisize the show but I have seen posts that are not at all constructive...And peoples views being bashed...I didnt think that was allowed? 😕 😳
sournsweet thumbnail
i agree...but do u think ny of d oders would???...probably no...personally I luv DMG 2 bits but wouldnt mind criticism as dats d only way 2 improve...n u shud bring dis issue wud every1...bcz I dnt think more dna half d ppl r gonan bother replying...so u would need 2 directly asks d mods or sumthing...Sunita di is here...vat does she hav 2 say???
**cutiepie** thumbnail
i totally agree with you ... cuz lately there has been alot of heat and tension on this forum... i hope your suggestion is taken into consideration! 😊