Bhandarkar signs Sammir Dattani for 'Corp

-misha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 18 years ago

Bhandarkar signs Sammir Dattani for 'Corporate'

View Sammir Dattani - Picture GalleryDirector Madhur Bhandarkar has signed Sammir Dattani for his next venture "Corporate" after he watched his performance in "Pyar Mein Twist".

Says Madhur, "There's something really likeable about Sammir. He could be a part of a scene that has 10 other faces. But he holds the camera. That's the kind of face and presence I needed for a key role in 'Corporate'. Yes, I have signed him for the film."

Doesn't "Corporate" already have Bipasha Basu and Kay Kay Menon? "It does. But that doesn't take away from the importance of Sammir's role. Like 'Page 3', 'Corporate' is a character study, an ensemble piece, where you will find every character, big or small, making an impact," says Madhur.

Sammir Dattani, who flew to Bangalore for the release of his new Kannada film "Amrithdhare", is pleased with the way his career in Hindi films has shaped up.

"Although my first film 'Uff...Kya Jadoo Mohabbat Hai' didn't do well, I was noticed in it and in my new release 'Pyaar Mein Twist', which was entirely Rishi Kapoor and Dimple's story. I really like my role in 'Corporate'. It gives me a chance to do something entirely different from what actors of my age group generally do."

View Pyaar Mein Twist Movie StillsSammir, extremely popular as Dhyaan in Kannada films, has reason to be pleased. His new Kannada film "Amrithdhare" has fetched him rave reviews from local critics generally hostile to actors from Mumbai. The film is on the way to becoming a big success.

"First a hit in Kannada then a film with one of the best directors in Hindi...I couldn't have hoped for better," Sammir is all smiles.

Adds Madhur, "There are very important scenes in 'Corporate', where Sammir will get a chance to show his skills as an actor...He will be paired opposite Minissha Lamba, the girl from 'Yahaan'."