Section Rules & Regulations

Posted: 16 years ago

ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS:

It has come to the attention of the Fan Fictions Development Team that some members are not following the rules of this section.

All members, new or old, should already be familiar with the Rules & Regulations of the forum. These rules are always found on the first page of this section.

We enforce these rules so we have a clean and fun environment for our writers and readers.

Here are some rules that members are not following:

FF Titles - New!

Regarding FF Titles - Please Read

Art Requests - New!

All FF Avi/Sig/Banner requests are to be made in the new sticky. Any old shops/new shops will be closed!

The 3 Quote Rule

All members are to quote no more than 3 posts at once. Some writers, specifically, have been seen quoting every reply to their ff. All these quotes can be made in one reply itself. Quoting more than 3 replies results in an excessive amount of unnecessary pages in the ff, not to mention the fact that they also make it hard for members to browse fan fictions.

The Chatting Rule

This is a big one. NO chatting is permitted! Under no circumstances are members allowed to chat in a topic. Fan Fictions are open for writers to post chapters and readers to comment on these parts. Note that I said comment on the parts. The comments are to be related to the FF. Comments that aren't related to the FF result in chatting, which, as mentioned, is not allowed in this section.  The Chat Clubs section was made for you convenience, so you can chat all you want about anything and everything (that follows the I-F Code of Conduct). This section can be found here.

Vulgar/Abusive Language Rule

The use of swear words in any posts in ANY section of I-F is not tolerated. Let it be in an FF, or any post made to abuse someone. These swear words/inappropriate language include(but isn't limited to):

The S Word

The A Word

The B Word

The F Word

The W Word

If you aren't sure by what I mean by these, PM me or Sam (Naughty_n_nice) and we'll help.

Some of you may already be aware of this, but not fully aware of what is acceptable and what is not. Sh**, **hit, *h*t or any case where only a few letters of a bad word are crossed out is not accepted. The word has to be fully starred (****) out. (Because one can't tell what it stands for) You can star a word by pressing the shift and 8 key together.  The word crap is allowed.

Continue Soon, etc. Rule

Sometimes we are very eager for writers to continue FF's. But we have to be considerate of the fact that the writers have lives outside of I-F too, and so sometimes they aren't able to continue. Posting replies that only contain something along the lines of, "please continue soon" "continue soon: etc., is considered spamming in an FF, which is another thing we don't want to do. If any such post is found, it will be trashed.  (However, adding other words of encouragement with the continue soon's is permitted.)

Posting in Caps Rule

Members are not permitted to make posts written fully in caps. Posting in caps is offensive for it is considered shouting on the net. You're only allowed to capitalize a few words in a post, NOT the whole post.

Questions/Requests Rule

A Help Desk has been provided for your convenience. Please make use of this. If you have any questions or need any help, please ask in the Help Desk thread.

150 Pages Rule

Any topic/FF may not go beyond 150 pages. After 150 pages, the post starter should open a new topic, (if they wish to continue), provide a link for that new topic in the old topic, and them PM someone from the FF Development Team to close their old topic.

Adult Content Rule

Adult Content and po*nographic details are strictly prohibited. This is a family site and we want the FF's to be safe for underage readers.

Please read this post made by Minnie: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/861317

Most of these rules have been taken from the following post made by shahidlover24:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/379155

Please remember that the Development Team is aiming at making this section a clean environment for everyone. All these rules are enforced for your convenience and are to be followed. If, under any circumstances, a member is seen not following any of these rules, they will be PM'ed no more than once. This warning will be their first and last warning, after this, if they continue to go against rules there will be automatic raise in their warning levels.

These rules will also be updated, members will usually be informed once an update takes place, but I strongly recommend that you check this post often to see if any new rules have been put in effect. 

Members are encouraged to use the Report button (which is right besides the Quote button) to report any post that is going against the rules of this section. The Development Team checks the reported posts regularly. (The reported posts are only seen by the development team members, if you report a post you don't have to worry about others finding out. That information is strictly confidential and will only stay within the Dev. Team members.

If anyone is unsure of anything mentioned above, please don't hesitate in PMing someone from the Fan Fictions Development Team.

We don't bite =)

Lots of Love,

Madiha, Sam and Khushi

Edited by Dark Love - 15 years ago
^I'm kind of confused at what you're saying hon. Did you mean mods/viewbie's are not following rules?

Or other members of the forum aren't following the rules? πŸ˜•
thanks 4 reminding about the 3 quote rule...i have been a culprit there πŸ˜• ....i will make sure i follow it now 😊
Thanks Madiha!
Will follow the rules form now on:D
Oops, sorry I didn't know about the 3 post rule for writers, I just thought that was the way it was done. Will follow it from now on 😊

Request please: Could you please tell us how to quote multiple people in one post? Thanks in advance!
WOW!!

is it a rule to post only 3 quotes πŸ˜•

I never know that πŸ˜› I will follow it for sure 😳
Originally posted by vallanki

WOW!!

is it a rule to post only 3 quotes πŸ˜•

I never know that πŸ˜› I will follow it for sure 😳

even i did not know vallanki till i received a warning from the mods πŸ˜• I want to learn how to quote multipne posts in i post like shalini does...

Originally posted by bheegi

even i did not know vallanki till i received a warning from the mods πŸ˜• I want to learn how to quote multipne posts in i post like shalini does...

There is no easy way to do that..just copy and paste. you can do one more lil easier way like quote and paste whole msg along with quote from post reply and paste in one reply of yours..I can tell u in IM...but nothing less work than that..

I used to do it to reduce #of pages but thot just to reduce and not a rule..now I learnt it is a rule😳 and I will follow itπŸ˜†

Posted: 15 years ago
oh thank you so much. is it a rule to post only 3 quotes i dont know this . now i am going to follow .
Posted: 15 years ago
Copying/Pasting every quote is the only way I'm aware of. 😳