Do Dil:08/09 Part 35 Pg 62

stars_shine thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

DO DIL...MIL RAHE HAIN...

Hi to all readers, this is my first attempt at a fan-fic...after getting inspired by other wonderful FFs (esp. Robina). Hope you like it!

Character Sketches:

1.      Robbie Sabarwal : He comes from an affluent family who owns a chain of shopping complexes. He has 2 sisters, Alaana and Divya. He is deeply attached to his father, and greatly respects him, but does not agree with his parents' decision of him joining the family business. He wants to pursue his passion, singing, and even writes his own songs. In short, a good-natured guy, but tough on the outside (kind of like a coconut, hehehe).

2.       Kasturi Chawla: belongs to a lower-middle class family, and lives with her Bauji and Maa. She has a younger sister Tanu, and an older brother Ajay, whom she calls Bhaiyyu. She is very devoted to her family and will do anything for them. She is intelligent, warm, and a simple girl. Her extended family includes the infamous Alka Chachi (couldn't resist!) and her husband, who have no children; all of whom live under the same roof.

3.      Raunak Singhania: As always, Robbie's best friend. Also belongs to a very rich family, but is a spoilt brat. He's the total opposite of Robbie, which is the reason they became such good friends. Keeps changing girlfriends like his clothes, and hardly ever cares about other people's feelings, except when it comes to Robbie, who also greatly values their friendship. He is an only child.

Other characters are pretty much the same, except for the changes in financial background, and less of the attitude that comes with it.

Few changes:

4.      Devika and Puru don't have a very strained relationship. They're almost a normal couple who love each other and their kids. Devika is still the head of their business and a very aggressive business woman. The children, including Robbie are more attached to their father seeing as their mom was always busy with work and never had time for them. But since Alaana has joined the business, Devika is a bit more chilled out and now tries to spend time with her family, too.

5.      Alaana isn't as *evil*, and is married to Nikhil, who is greedy for money, but doesn't cheat on her.

6.      Alka Chachi is still the same, except for the fact that she doesn't have much influence on the rest of the house, but still won't stop bad-mouthing Kasturi.

7.      JP bhaisaab doesn't own a saree shop, but rather works at one and dreams of opening one someday, because Kaushalya does wonderful saree work that everyone adores.

8.      Nandini and her family still live with the Sabarwals, but she isn't as cheerful. She always seems to be depressed, and seems to have some secret that her husband and her share (will reveal that later!) . She is still a good-natured wife and mother.

Ok so those were the characters. I haven't changed much in the way of how they are. But the story won't be as similar to the original one. If you like it so far, please comment and tell me if I should actually write the story out.

Thanks!

Edited:

Part 1 : Pg 2

Part 2: Pg 3

Part 3: Pg 4

Part 4: Pg 5

Part 5: Pg 5

Part 6: Pg 6

Part 7: Pg 7

Part 8: Pg 9

Part 9: Pg 10

Part 10: Pg 11

Part 11: Pg 13

Part 12: Pg 14

Part 13: Pg 16

Part 14: Pg 18

Part 15: Pg 21

Part 16: Pg 23

Part 17: Pg 25

Part 18: Pg 26

Part 19: Pg 28

Part 20: Pg 30

Part 21: Pg 32

Part 22: Pg 34

Part 23: Pg 36

Part 24: Pg 38

Part 25: Pg 39

Part 26: Pg 42

Part 27: Pg 45

Part 28: Pg 47

Part 29: Pg 49

Edited by stars_shine - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nrasheed thumbnail

OMG star you've started i'm soo happy for you,, seriously i never thought writing could be so liberating..πŸ˜† its amazing and its soo much fun playing with the characters that we watch, and i can tell your about to have a blast with yours, i actually really like how  you've kept the characters pretty much the same, for right now the other three fanfics are totally on a different tangent so this has its own appeal..Nadini has a secret, ohhhh cant wait to find out what thats all about. Alka chachiiii is back i've missed her, so will she have a mouth on her like in teh serial??πŸ˜†

Kasturi sounds adorable adn robbie seems to be his dashing sweet self... so the playing field has been established now cant wait for you to get started and little old simple me able to inspire someone that has got to be the best most beautiful thing anyone has ever said to me.. i'm touched deeply... πŸ˜³πŸ€—

I luv the title, for isnt that roka, totally romantic...just like your title... but why didnt you write a beginning, now i'm gonna have to wait for you to update please update soonn, and pragalbha said i have to wait till friday's for hers... and jannuu hasnt updated today either...you three are killing meeee😭

so comeone this is the best time to be on this forum finally people coming out and sharing their beautiful stories... i'm soo excited star cant wait. pleassssseee update soon, i'lll be checking periodically...

here's to wishing you all the best and hope the creative juices keep flowing...

Robina

Edited by nrasheed - 16 years ago
stars_shine thumbnail
Thnx so much robina...for ur encouraging words...will update soon...hv it mostly written...but will post it fast....n yes...alka chachi will b just as adorable as she is in the actual kasturi...hehehe...hopefully ill get more comments n then will post the part if everyone wants me 2..
😊
AGAIN, THNKZ!!! 😳
Zuzana thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Yes please continue πŸ˜ƒ ...I hope it is a Roka ff! 😳 Your intro is great and wow u have amazing writing skills!
Devika is just the same! Robbie is like coconut,,,chalega! 😳 πŸ˜†

Continue fast dear! 😳
sahib29 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Wow sound intresting πŸ˜›..lekin yee FF Roka ki hai na ??😳..

Continue dear πŸ˜ƒ

Manpreet

TheLastCarnival thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
character update kar chod diya???chalo FF bhi shuru karo hum intezar kar rahe hai
Kay thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
πŸ‘ Another FF!! Write the first part soon! πŸ˜ƒ

Kay
love fan thumbnail
Wow another FF πŸ˜› .This forum is rocking πŸ‘ .Now start soon dear . We all r waiting 😳

Rosy
miss_neha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
seems really interestin.. u totall changed the characters of robbie n raunak...loll!!!! Cnt wait to read ur ff.
stars_shine thumbnail

WOW! so many replies!!!...thnx a lot guys....so here goes..

oh n just for every1 who was asking...yes it is a RoKa ff...coz im still in my hate Raunak phase...hehehe

PART 1
Chawla House...Monday morning

Kaush (in Kas' room, trying to wake her up): Kasturi beta wake up...tum late ho jaogi...come on! Chalo beta, aaj tumhare college ka pehla day hai...abhi utho!

Kas: Maaa....kitne baje hain? (Looks at her clock, it's 7:30 AM) On no...maa...aapne mujhe pehle kyun nahi jagaye? Its already 7:30! Now I'll be late for sure!

Kaush: Main toh tumhe kabse jagaane ki koshish kar rahi thi...but you just weren't waking up!

Kas: Thik hai baba...now let me get ready!

In about 30 mins, the dining room in Chawla House:
Kas:
Maa...I'm ready, just about leaving. Mera lunch pack hua kya?

Kaush: Arre beta, ye lo tumhara lunch. Aur rukooo....breakfast nahi karna kya?

Kas: Nahi maa, I'm already late! Sia mera intezaar kar rahi hogi. And it's the first day maa, i don't want to be late! (SIA IS KASTURI'S FREIND, JUST LIKE IN THE SHOW, AND THEY ARE JOINING THE SAME COLLEGE)

Saying this Kasturi leaves the house in a rush, Kaushalya still calling after her.

MEANWHILE IN SS MANSION: Robbie and Raunak are still asleep. They are seniors at Kasturi's College, and are the most popular guys there.

Nandu Kaka (trying to wake up Robbie): Robbie beta (Nandu is sort of Puru's age in my FF)..beta utho abhi...it's time for your college....you're gonna be late

A yawning Robbie replies: arre Nandu Kaka....sone do na.....who cares if I wake up late? Yeh raunak uthe tab jaake hi toh hum college jayenge.....Please go wake him up first....He's the one who never wakes up on time.

Nandu kaka: Yeh bhi thik hai beta...lekin Raunak baba ko uthana to mera kaam nahi...he never listens to me...unhe to Nandini bhabhi uthane gayee hain...abhi you wake up beta...

Robbie: Waise kaka, mujhe ek baat kabhi samajh nahi ayi...why do you call Raunak 'baba', when you call me 'beta'? Hum dono toh ek hi jaise hain na?

Nandu kaka: Beta tum toh jaante ho, Raunak baba ko pasand nahi aata jad main unhe 'beta' bulata hoon?

Robbie (slowly getting up): Haan kaka, yeh baat toh sahi hai....(With a grin on his face Robbie wonders, I don't know why, but Raunak has never been nice to Nandu Kaka. I mean woh toh humare papa ke age ke hain na...but Raunak still calls him Nandu......But for me, Nandu Kaka will always be Nandu kaka!..Chalo...will think about this later...abhi toh I have to get ready!)

RAUNAK'S ROOM:
Nandini:
Raunak...beta uthhooo....come on son...you're gonna be late for your class!...Robbie toh kabka uth gaya....He'll be late too...only because of you!

Raunak (almost yelling): MAAA....yeh kya subah subah....ok fine its the first day of classes....but who cares? Hum toh hamesha hi late jaate hain....and Robbie knows I never get up before 8:30.....he doesn't care.....toh aap kyun? I mean why do you bother Maa?

Nandini (Slightly hurt by her son's harsh words): Beta I know that you don't like waking up early, but I just thought ke since it's your last year at college, you would want to make some changes...main toh sirf tumhari bhalai ke liye keh rahi hoon....after all...you're my only son!

Raunak: Mom please, stop this "only son" business....I know what's good for me OK?....Now please Mom...atleast let me get ready in peace!

Nandini leaves her son's room misty eyed. She never understood why he turned out to be so different, why he never respected her, why she was unable to instill good values in him. I mean she had done so well with Robbie and his siblings, even though they weren't her children. Then why not her own flesh and blood? (Was I that bad a mother? She wondered.)

-------------------------THE END------------------------

Ok guys, so that was part one. Tell me if you like it and want me to continue!

Edited by stars_shine - 15 years ago