a/c in Indian classrooms- why ????

Aparna_BD thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
This time when i went to India , i heard several schools had become centrally airconditioned . I am refering to New Delhi particularly . I was surprised , but not pleased . Aren't we pampering the youth of today too much ??????

And by upper middle class and the upper class who can afford such fancy schools not sending their kids more because such facilities provided by a school is more a status symbol than a neccesity . I grew up in India when schools concentrated primarily on academics and sports not on making schools hours physically comfortable for a kid . Once these kids grow up and many would be making a carrer of their own . There are hardly many collges or many goverment offices that are air conditioned .And they may not be necesarily be able to afford all those luxuries they got in their parents home - airconditioned house , a/c in the car !! So Does that prepare them for the harsh realities of life ????

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

usachick821 thumbnail
wat does AC have to do with the harsh realities of life? personally in india it is a neccessaty, yes it isnt fair that some can have it and some cant but there is nothing wrong with having something if you can afford it. They are not being pampered, i wouldnt want my child to only think about the heat and not concentrate on his/her studies. I think its a great thing to have air conditioning and i think that all schools should have them as well.
Aparna_BD thumbnail

Originally posted by: usachick821

wat does AC have to do with the harsh realities of life? personally in india it is a neccessaty, yes it isnt fair that some can have it and some cant but there is nothing wrong with having something if you can afford it. They are not being pampered, i wouldnt want my child to only think about the heat and not concentrate on his/her studies. I think its a great thing to have air conditioning and i think that all schools should have them as well.

I studied in one of the best school in Delhi , that didn't have a/c and doesn't yet have a/c .Not having pampered facilities toughens up kids , it makes them used to an enviorment that is mostly India for us . As i mentioned earlier whats going to happen once they leave school , how will they concentrate on studies when they go to college ( DU so far hasn't put a/c in classrooms yet , last i heard )......and the girls if they marry into a home where they can't afford an a/c or girls and guys both take up jobs later and their offices aren't airconditioned . Will it not bother them to suddenly grow and give up a/c enviorment and deal with 42 degree celsius heat .

When you are in school , maximum learning takes place that conditions you for the rest of your life . Therefore school plays a very important role even strengthening you for the possibilities of facing a tougher life as an adult .
Angelic_J thumbnail
We have AC's in ALL canadian schools😃 Doesn't matter which one so that's not exactly pampering kids😕 and I really don't think that once u have A/C u can't ever live without it
-misha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
yeah, acs are wrong.
how can children to cope with difficulties if they are pampered so much?
deepey thumbnail
i dont find anything wrong in it.. 😕 like JK said in us/canada all the schools have them.. and i think its better if we r comfortable.. we can concentrate more on our studies rather than being worried about the heat
mikagurl23 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Well I guess, it should be like if a school can actually afford a/cs, then it wouldn't be a problem, but for a students comfortivity, they chose to put in A/cs that they can't afford, then it would bea different thing, I live in the USA and understand what life India, infact I want to go there and live it myself, but then the foreign stuff that I have been used to, might mess up my chain! So i gues affording it and not affording it are two different things.
PixieDust91 thumbnail
We have ACs here in every school. I dont see anything wrong with it.
fatty1 thumbnail
if there's no ac in school many students will fill uncomfortable or some sutdents will
Angelic_J thumbnail

Originally posted by: misha

yeah, acs are wrong.
how can children to cope with difficulties if they are pampered so much?

😕 R u serious? I don't get u guys Wht does pampering has to do with AC's