* Bihari in the Spotlight* Vineet Kumar??

Shariefah thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Bihari in the Spotlight

Dear Gesians,

This week we are appreciating one of the best actors in Ghar Ek Sapna

A character who has made a special place in our hearts. This man needs no introduction, he is often referred by us as "the best dad in the world", a man who is an influential politician, but so down to earth that he can become anyone's friend. If you slap him, he will turn his other cheek at you, to be slapped again. He  stands for peace and love, very contradicting with his portrayal as a bihari don and politician.

Furthermore, he has set an example as an Indian father who can do anything, even give up his pride for their daughters happiness. Where he is able to praise his daughters for their good deeds, he is also able to forgive their mistakes. For him his daughters are not a burden, but his reason for being a life.  

Gesians..........please raise your hands and give a big applause to the one and only

Om Shankar Ji aka Bau Sa who in real life is Vineet Kumar.........

Vineet Kumar
Vineet Kumar - Pride of Bihar

His background

Vineet Kumar is an Indian theatre, television and film personality from Patna, Bihar, India. A National School of Drama alumnus, he has done number of films and numerous serials on Indian television. He is sometimes credited as Vinit Kumar or Binit Kumar. He is much appreciated for his role in the movie Stings.

His best work

Every actor, no matter how great the talent, needs a role that will show him the best. For Vineet Kumar, who has shown considerable talent in theatre and on the screen, the spoof on Laloo Prasad Yadav in Ram Khilawan CM proved to be one such opportunity. And now this actor of the Bihari soil as he belongs to Patna has another role just tailor made for him.

His appreciated works

Vineet's talent and sunny personality was reflected in serials like Avantar, Mano Ya Na Mano, Naya Daur, Swabhimaan, Kabhi Kabhi, Ek Din ki Vardi, Rishte, Kagaar, Kashmir, Ram Khilawan C.M. Family, Dhadkan, Milee and Sat Phere. And now he is there in full glory in Ghar Ek Sapna. His views on his character in Ghar Ek Sapna

As Om Shankar, Vineet Kumar has caught the viewer's eye for his role of an outspoken politician from Bihar in Ajai Sinha's much-hyped soap Ghar Ek Sapna. Vineet plays every role with his heart and soul: be it a film or a television serial. Vineet excelled in his performance in films like Ab Aayega Mazaa, Hazaar Chaurasi Ki Maa, Godmother, Drohkaal, Taksha, Kachche Dhaage, Daud, Shool, Aks, Soch, and Yeh Dil..

Talking about his role of a Bihari politician who has been talk of the serial, Vineet says, "It is the role of a lifetime and I can easily identify with the character. The serial has caught on really fast and the actor says it is real great experience working with Ajay Sinha. Thoroughly satisfied with his work on small screen Vineet says, "In my belief the TV entertainment is very fast paced. We are on our toes 24x7, sometimes delivering sleepless shifts, since dailies need a lot of effort once they are accepted by the viewers. Thus I believe it is much more difficult from the industry in terms of physical efforts".

Of Ghar Ek Sapna,Vineet further says, "This serial uses a unique form of narrative, it has a good story and the director has used talented actors who will enthrall the viewers. The storyline is going to sweep the on screen drama industry with the innovation it plans to bring in". Vineet adds, "I like to do quality work. God has been very kind to me and hope things will continue the same way".

Sources: www.tribuneindia.com, www.wikipedia.com, www.saharaone.in, www.dishant.com

Concept : Shariefah

Edited by Shariefah - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
wow did not know some things about him including his name...no wonder he fits the bihari image to the fullest.
deshi2007 thumbnail
thats a great idea sha...to know about someone...!! πŸ˜›
thank u...for all information about omshankar...!! πŸ‘
Shariefah thumbnail

Originally posted by: priya.nair

wow did not know some things about him including his name...no wonder he fits the bihari image to the fullest.

I really luv him as om shankar and I too didn't know his nameπŸ˜›. After doing some research i had to share it 😳

Shariefah thumbnail

Originally posted by: deshi2007

thats a great idea sha...to know about someone...!! πŸ˜›
thank u...for all information about omshankar...!! πŸ‘

thats okay megha. 😳

OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Shariefah

I really luv him as om shankar and I too didn't know his nameπŸ˜›. After doing some research i had to share it 😳

i have him seen his acting before but for the most part he did the bihari don roleπŸ˜‰ ...when i started watching this show i was thinking if not initally he would surely become that given his previous acting experiences...but i kept waiting and he kept becoming more positive that i fell in love with his acting 😳
-Jwalamukhi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Good info Sha...

Vineet Kumar? I though you were talking about Sharad 😳
Sdada thumbnail
He is just lovable. My family becomes bored in an episode that does not feature Bau Sa. Very few actors can become identified with a character. He is what Great Prithviraj Kapoor did with Akbar in Mughal-e-Azam. Keep it up Vineet...........
bzpunjabi thumbnail
^ I agree, a GES episode with bau saab (Vineet Kumar) does become boring. I love his acting, and hope to see more of him n more serials/movies. Vineet Kumar is one of the true actors πŸ˜›
avadvani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shariefah

Thoroughly satisfied with his work on small screen Vineet says, "In my belief the TV entertainment is very fast paced. We are on our toes 24x7, sometimes delivering sleepless shifts, since dailies need a lot of effort once they are accepted by the viewers. Thus I believe it is much more difficult from the industry in terms of physical efforts".

Of Ghar Ek Sapna,Vineet further says, "This serial uses a unique form of narrative, it has a good story and the director has used talented actors who will enthrall the viewers. The storyline is going to sweep the on screen drama industry with the innovation it plans to bring in". Vineet adds, "I like to do quality work. God has been very kind to me and hope things will continue the same way".

Wow !! I am really excited about what they plan to bring in now. This is one of the best serials that i enjoying watching. In fact it is the only one i regularly watch on any Indian Channel.