E$HA thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Rakeysh Mehra ready with 'Dilli 6'
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, April 02, 2008]

The public may be expecting a lot from 'Dilli 6', from the maverick director Rakeysh Mehra after the super success of his first film 'Rang De Basanti'.

The lead roles are played by Abhishek Bachan and Sonam Kapoor. The shooting was wrapped up last Friday. The film mostly shot in Rajasthan now enters the post production stage.

Sonam Kapoor will be hoping the film to be a big success after the bad fate of her first film 'Saawariya'.

Mehra had to spend much time to find the hero of this film. He had tried to get Hrithik Roshan for the main man, but eventually zeroed in for Abhishek. Sonam Kapoor is quite lucky to be cast as the heroine as a hit can do wonders for her in the B-town.

Rakeysh Mehra was not without his share of worries as his first assistant director during the shooting had to move out to U.S. due to personal reasons.

Aamir khan after knowing about Rakeysh's crisis wanted to be his assistant but could not because of his dates being taken by 'Gajini'. So Kiran Rao, Aamir's wife and an assistant director in 'Lagaan' went ahead and helped Mehra.

Rayeksh Mehra has been very much impressed by Kiran's work and was heard praising her work and initiative during his crisis. 

source: http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/article/37662.html

hopefulyy this movie is a big hit and sonam gets her due and bags alll the important awards for the coming year leaving all the main lead actresses behind. and hopefully the media helps her out this and things work in her favour not like this time wen deepika got everything despite the fact that she had worked equaly hard 4 her movie as much as deepika and ranbir.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SONAM!!! show every1 u aint just another star kid👏😆 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ash k thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
woohoooo, finally an article on dilli6!!!!!!1

thanx alot for sharing!!!!!!

i wonder how long a post production takes????? i want a release date 😆
Raiinie2 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
ME too! Or how bout the MOVIE to rel 😆 😆 ease now!
kareena05 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I hope the film releases soon.
marz thumbnail
I hope this movie does wonders for Sonam! She'll finally get some much deserved recognition. I think Abhishek and Sonam would make a lovely couple! Can't wait to see them together! 😛
E$HA thumbnail
yhhh same here. der both quite tall so dey will make a magnificant pair. i realllyyyyyyyyyy want sonam to achieve alottt butt remaining grounded and her sweet self @ da same time.

i want her to rub it in a certain sumones's face "bout the star kid" comment. not dat shez in competiton wid any1. she should achieve things @ her own pace buttt cozz she was taken for granted its bout time. i reckon she will create a storm in the bollywood industry. shez bin lying low since the release of saawriya and has not really bin in the media but dis time shez suree here to stay.

and if certain ppl wanna get in touch wid her den she should be like (wid attitude)...sorry i'm to busy 2 be in touch wid U 😛
BengaliChica92 thumbnail
The movie sounds interesting!!
E$HA thumbnail
what is the movie about tho?? i only know the name?? is it a love story (goshhh i hope it is, i'm craving to see a pureee hindi full on romantic love story) or is it an action movie?? luks more action den romance lol😆Edited by E$HA - 16 years ago
E$HA thumbnail
ok i guess no1 knows. has it not been leaked in the media??
ash k thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: E$HA

ok i guess no1 knows. has it not been leaked in the media??

all we knw is that it is based on rakesh mehras life in delhi, so it is an autobiographical movie, hope it does have sweet romance 😆