Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dits thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
I get now wht your statistics are based on the no:of hits the actresses have given, right? And none wht so ever based on the performances?I'm sorry, but we, or atleast I don't give a hoot to the hits, if thts the case, I can say Shriya is the best actress ever in India, considering she had the biggest hit of the year. We care about the best actress, and critics have all said after Simran, its Jo, sorry.And after Jo, so far, its none.

And there's no word frm you about the performing actresses at all, like Sneha or Meera Jasmine. Sorry, forgot tht you care only about 'top' and 'statistics' and 'hits'

See whom ppl chose at the popular awards this year , you bet its going to eb Jo, for Mozhi. She's already been chosen best actress of 2007 by a popular website,which has about 50000 members, with a margin of more than 75%.And mind you, one member is allowed only one vote. And the other 25% didnt go for your top actress Shriya, they went to Priyamani for PV and Tamanna for Kalloori. Who wud you say is really on top now?Same was the case in 2006, when Jo won for VV and SOK and in 2005 for CM and in 2004 for Perazhagan. Edited by ditty - 16 years ago
Karthikka thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
CL, I really don't understand your statistics about Kiran. I only saw her in Anbe Sivam and she hardly made any impact!! In fact, she is a non-starter...since when she was a top heroine?

I am genuinely puzzled.
Karthikka thumbnail

Gemini was a hit because of Vikram and the Oh Podu song. I can't remember Kiran's role in it. Similarly Anbe Sivam was a hit because of Kamal and Maddy. Kiran did not make any impact except dancing sexily with Kamal. Villain and Winner - I can't comment because I have not seen the films but I know the heroes.

I am still unconvinced that Kiran was on her way to the top, not only threatening Jo, but horror of horrors, Simran!!

Who is this Jayasheel?????

As for replacing Jyo, well, now that she's left the industry, it should be easy, right?

Edited by Karthikka - 16 years ago
Dits thumbnail

The internet polls are were ppl vote,and ppl vote not just for their favs, you can see that, Priyamani got the second highest votes, and she's not somebody with a grt lot of fans, is she? Such polls are were you get to know who the ppl love and favour, and that clearly shows in the Rajnikant poll you mentioned.

You haven't considered Jyothika as an actress? Meaning we musn't consider her as an actress too?I thought this was a free country.Isn't it up to the individuals whom they should like?And you put Shriya on your list, so I can imagine your taste in movies and actresses.๐ŸคขCinema lover, we love the movies, and we care for the 'best ' and not the 'top'.There's a difference b/w running abt in movies just giggling and laughing and exposing AND doing different movies an coming up with grt performances and thus remain in the hearts of the audience.

Originally posted by: cinemalover

in tamil industry to be a top actress certain ,the following shoiuld happen.

Jo has acted with-Ajith, Vijay, Vikram, Surya, Simbhu, Arjun, Prasanth, Rajni, Kaml, SarathKumar, to the latest Prithviraj.Tht makes it more than 5, right?The only  top directer she hasn't worked with is Shankar, but Shankar himself called Jyothika 'the next Revathy' .Vaali, Khushi, Dum dum dum. The first movie, itself was a hit and to bag a Filmfare award in the first movie itslef, is something, This is funy! I wonder how when  a movie is dropped due to financial problems , the blame can be put on the actress?And one among your top actress Asin's first movies were all dropped or cancelled.Initially many in the Tamil industry considered her to be a jinx as the initial movies she signed in Tamil were either canceled, delayed or faced financial problems.I didn't see anybody blaming Shriya when ATM flopped, if your theory of 'everybody will blame the actress when the movie flopped' is right.
Of course, Jyothika was promoted by directors and producers! It will take more than your statistics to show that directors and producers didn't promote Jyothika. Her name used to say it all , just like Asin's and Shriya's does now.

there are many actresses were brought of by the industry to replace jothika, like anitha of samurai fame aand recently a actreess called nargis in 2007 movie called ninaithale,released around the same time as mozhi.

And were they able to repalce Jo? No. Shows she's still wanted and loved, right? .

Here's how Behindwoods described her, in the results of the 'Most missed mums' poll

Jyothika Sadanah now Saravanan or Jo to her family and friends is another diva who came from the North and took the entire southern industry by storm. She is the younger sister of yesteryear actress Nagma. She made her debut in a Hindi film, Doli Sajaa Ke Rakhna, where she was paired opposite Akshay Khanna. Unfortunately the film flopped. In Tamil she was first seen in a small guest role in Vaali opposite Ajith. Her first full-fledged role as a heroine was opposite hubby Surya in Poovellam Kettupar. Her cute, bubbly innocence became her USP, and from there on she never had to look back. She has been one of the few privileged actresses who has worked with all the top heroes of her time, including Superstar Rajinikanth and Kamal Haasan. It is noteworthy that the role of "Chandramukhi" was initially offered to Simran (who was unable to do the film), but one that Jyothika went on to make her own. She has worked under all the prestigious banners and directors, never having to compromise in any way or succumb to any kind of pressure to show skin or appear vulgar through the span of her career. This gifted, hard-working and dedicated actress relied only on immense faith and confidence in herself to reach stardom. Her recent films such as Chandramukhi, Mozhi and Pachaikili Muthucharam, won her several accolades, proving she was capable of rendering heavy-duty performances when the script demanded it. Her fans were very upset when she decided to bid farewell to films after her marriage to Surya. She is now a proud mom of a baby girl who is the apple of her eye. Like Simran she might make a comeback - such talent cannot be buried.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-slide-shows/movie-1/ divas/divas.html

Your are first one who has said she wasn't on the top; all websites, film magazines all say she remains in to-simply because of her acting skills. You haven't considered her as an actress; can you pls describe your idea of an actress?

You said even if she does a hundred Mozhis, she won't be able to attract as much audience as the 'bombs' do, right? Ppl didn't run to watch Sivaji for Shriya; it was the superstar they were eager to watch. And Shriya's earlier movies were all flops, and even after Shivaji, ATM flopped; so where are the audience whom you said care more about the three letter bad word than acting? If thts the case the 'A' graded movies shud all be HUGE HITS, right?Thts an understatement, without any base-that ppl care more abt the 3 letter word and all that;you think family audience just don't watch movies at all?

There are still directors who have scripts ready just for Jo. Director revathy Varma asked Jo to act in her movie even when she was 7 months pregnant(which she politely refused). She got huge bollywood offers in her time,from producers like Boney Kapoor, for the remake of Khushi, which she had refused too. She was the highest paid actress at a time. I didn't know that an actress who was not on top could've achieve all this!

Cinema lover, all the same, I sincerely appreciate your knowledge on Tamil cinema.๐Ÿ‘And thankyou for spicing up the forum. There's nothing more liek defending your fav actress, that too when baseless arguments are put up against her๐Ÿ˜Š

Edited by ditty - 16 years ago
netra_rama thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

and that boney kapoor matter is a big lie,he never wanted jothika ,he only cast kareena who was making waves at the time.

its height of insanity that many people here are seeing her as demi-goddess and  write all kind of lies about her.
its a pain in the heart for someone who truly loves cinema.

she was cast in chandramukhi. because half a dozen actresses approahed were refused to be paired with prabhu(all including,simran wanted to be paired with rajini)

The articles from behindwoods which was given by ditty, well i had read similar ones to that in other magazines and websites. But Cinemalover, the above stated points are from which magazine/website?? I can't seem to find it. How did you know boney kapoor matter was a lie? Oh, i get it. i forgot ur a freelance writer right? Maybe you had some emails from him directly....

You have well said about all your Fav actress. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Good for you. But one thing im so sure here is you do have something against poor Jo๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† 

netra_rama thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
oh, i forgot. Revathy Varma was there in the Festival ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Dits thumbnail

Poovellam Kettuppar was a failure.I didn't deny that anywhere, but she got noticed right? And thts a big step.She got Khushi, Tenali, a movie with Kamal in the early days of her career, and Dum dum dum was NOT A FLOP, the movie ran for 105 days . And you got your facts wrong, hun, Snegithiye wa s big flop! If the grt cinema lover like you got this wrong, yike yike, I wonder whether all the other things that you had spread are all true!

About Surya's intervention, prove it, big guy. I've contacted all members of the Surya Jothika communities and groups that I'm part of, and none of them, in two days have said the news is true. Infact, the news is new to me. You heard abt it only aftr Jenim said so, didn't you? And Jo went on to win awards and awards for the movie.

If Jo doesn't deserve to be poor for you, its the opposite for us. Why try to impose your opinion on us?You can hate Jyothika, thts up to you, and those who've loved Jo all long, for her efforts, for her skills, for her good looks , for her charm, will continue to love her, hun, simply because, we didn't convince ourselves thru statistics, we convinced us by watching her movies. Mind you, she's not even half as pathetic as some of today's top are. If your pain in the heart turns to a heart attack, inform us.

And apparently, it was around the time when, acc to u, Jo was not wanted by any producers or dirs that she became the higest paid actress. How did that happen, now?

Again, from behindwoods. If you r not convinced "contact the person who wrote this and wait for the reply"

Jyothika who made herself busy, has a host of Tamil films like June R, Jillendru Oru Kaadhal, Saravana and also a film paired with Kamal under her sleeves. That's not the end of the list; she is also working for Telugu Films which keeps her demanding and active all throughout her time. At present she is having 6 Films in hand. Among the Tamil actress Jyothika is ranked as the highest payer for a film. Earlier it was Simran who was being paid 40lakhs for a film but now Jothika has acquired her position and is paid 40 lakhs. Jyothika the darling girl of North, says 'I owe the credit of success for acting in the film Chandramukhi as a temperament of Laga, Laga '.

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/News/News27/24-8-05/tami l-movies-news-jothika.html

In a recent poll conducted by popular magazine in Chennai, she has been named in top 5 all time tamil actresses. Jyothika was ranked 4th after Savitiri, Revathi and Saroja Devi.Meaning all those who voted for her aren't cinema lovers right? Isn't Tamil nadu fortunate to hv someone like you?( your usage of 'pathetic' turned me on, sorry, but when the opponent crooses the limit, there's no need for the other person to remain decent)

You got the reply for Revathy Varma๐Ÿ˜ƒ

'Daughters of the soil'...now I get wht your problem is...... ๐ŸคขPatheitc, dear friend, pathetic!!!

And you don't seem to have answers for a lot of other things I've said in my posts.

Edited by ditty - 16 years ago
Karthikka thumbnail

and that boney kapoor matter is a big lie,he never wanted jothika ,he only cast kareena who was making waves at the time.

its height of insanity that many people here are seeing her as demi-goddess and  write all kind of lies about her.
its a pain in the heart for someone who truly loves cinema.

she was cast in chandramukhi. because half a dozen actresses approahed were refused to be paired with prabhu(all including,simran wanted to be paired with rajini)

I really don't think you TRULY love cinema, because if you did, you would take the good and the bad.

Half the actresses that you name who are allegedly better than Jyothika are crap, including Shreya and Kiran. Kiran was never a frontrunner or a threat to Simran, let alone Jyo.

You are rabidly anti-Jyo and some of the comments you make against her are downright personal, insulting and disgraceful. There is nothing objective about your posts.

I am really embarrassed because I thought you were genuine.
jenim thumbnail
OMG OMG OMG..
A lot seems to have happened in this thread and I thought only the Kollywood Discussion thread was "hot and happening"! ๐Ÿ˜†
How did I miss this?

Tsk..tsk, Cinema lover.. konjam facts mess-up panniteenga. If you're from the heart of Kollywood, gun maadhiri irukka venaama? tsk.

Still gotta give it to you, for sharing a lot of facts and numbers with us. Kiran vishayathila konjam idikkudhu, but paravayille.. Thanks for all the info you've been sharing with us, despite your limited typing skills.

I think, I have an inkling about who you might be, but I'm not saying it just yet.

jenim thumbnail
Ditts..

The thing about Surya getting the dual role for Jyothika in Perazhagan is very true. I don't know if the sources you checked with, were aware of it, but it was all in the tamil kisu kisus/news back then. Also, just so anyone's curious, there's no need for me to invent any news ๐Ÿ˜‰
No Ditty.. the last one wasn't intended at you. ๐Ÿ˜†

I believe the Tamil version was directed by the Malayalam director Sashi (or someone who sounds like that) who also directed the original in Mal. It seems Sashi and the producers wanted the the same Mal actress to play the role of Jyothika (was it Navya Nair, not sure) but Surya would only want Jyothika in both the roles. There were a lot of tiffs going on at that time. Especially between the director and Surya b'cos the director/Producers had already decided to cast the Mallu heroine in this movie as well.

When I saw the movie, I couldn't believe that it was the cutie Surya who was that hunch back in that movie. Just mindblowing makeup, performance, body language by Surya. Anyway, that's besides the point.

For a very long time, AVM did not want to sign up Surya for any movie after that. Recently, I read KV Anand had to do quite a bit of convincing along with Sivakumar and some mediators with AVM Saravanan, that acc to the mag, "Eliyum, poonaiyumaa irundha AVM and Surya, ippo Nagamum Sadhaiyum aayittanga". Follow that?