Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TINK thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago

Originally posted by: lucky_lakshmi

^^Oh yes The BBC versions of Jane Austen novels are real good...I have seen PnP...it was quite a nice interpretation of the nice reading experience...

Yes I agree it was a treat to watch it! and plus each scene and important phase is shown in the BBC adaption! πŸ‘ The Kiera Knightly an Matthew McFayden movie misses out alot off the fun and worth while scenes! πŸ˜• ..so I would prefet the BBC one! Mind you I like the movie better because off Mr. Darcy! πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

(in fact I enjoyed it more bcoz the novel does tend to bcum languid at times na?!) πŸ˜‰ But all in all, the movie like the buk has that one particular quality which gives this classic a high..namely the fact that u will read and smile in ur highs or lows!😊

Now that you have said that it becomes languid πŸ€” I can look back at parts off the book, where I find myself forcing to read and it became weak in parts, πŸ˜• πŸ˜† I would not criticize Austen πŸ˜† though the lack off energy in some stages off the book, does come to mind. πŸ˜• πŸ˜†

Yes the quality off it! does boost the reader and watchers feelings towards it! 😳 😳 and so does Dracy! ..LOL 😳 πŸ˜†

p.s Austen was a fanatstic writer! πŸ‘ 😳

lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 16 years ago
sidivyapall thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I Am Legend... not just about Will Smith, but i just like both the book and movie sooooo much!!!!! πŸ˜ƒ
lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 16 years ago
amy22 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
'The Namesake' by Mira Nair was really good. One movie I'd really say you should watch after reading the novel cuz it is actually based on the novel, unlike Mistress of Spices. Don't make the mistake of watching Mistress of SPices, people, cuz that's a waste of time and very badly made. They've totally shifted the focus of the novel. But The Namesake was like wow. Only I thought some of the s** scenes between Ashok and Ashima were unncessary in the beginning.
Pensive thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Good Adaptions of Good Books

Gone with the Wind
Pride and Prejudice (BBC)
Matilda
Namesake
Pygmalion/My Fair Lady
Lord Of the Rings
Godfather..stuck closest to the book that I've seen put onto film.

Harry Potter series......i think books were far more better😳

MNMS thumbnail
I think Pride and Prejudice [2005] did a good justice with Jane's flavour. I liked the movie
aish_punk thumbnail
hmmm Pride and Prejudice...princess diaries...marykate n ashley series...harry potter...etc
Zoe28 thumbnail
princess diaries 1st movie,mathilda,the jane austen adaptations on bbc , much ado about nothing can't remember the year but we watched it whe i studied a-level literature and the guy who played professor lockhart in hp was in it, lord of the rings and finally the movie version of the play streetcar named desire which starred marlon brando which was fantastic as brando was the perfect stanley