Best Movie/Television version of a book?

lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
which do u think has been the best interpretation of a book on celluloid of Television...?

I think on Celluloid , it is Gone With The Wind and The Godfather Trilogy (I like 1 and 2 only in this though)
and on Television..No second thoughts here...Adventures of Sherlock Holmes starring Jeremy Brett as the legendary sleuth...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TINK thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Wow, there has been so many adaptions!! πŸ˜‰ ...can't remember all off them!! πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ ..

Though when I was in school, Matilda by Roald Dhal was adapted into a movie!!!...And all i can say that it was a treat to watch!! 😳 πŸ˜ƒ ...

Harry Potter Rulz, so that will be in my list as well!! 😳 πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ ....

Something more mature, πŸ€” πŸ€” would be the BBC adaption of Janes Austen's Pride and Prejudice, πŸ‘ πŸ‘ 😳 we had to study the novel at school as well, so I remember that clearly!! 😳 πŸ˜ƒ ...

Basically all the BBC'c adaptions off all off Jane Austen's novels πŸ‘ πŸ‘ was a pleasure to watch!! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜ƒ

Those are the ones I can think off now! Though i know there are many more! πŸ˜ƒ 😳

Sam x

lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
^^Oh yes The BBC versions of Jane Austen novels are real good...I have seen PnP...it was quite a nice interpretation of the nice reading experience...(in fact I enjoyed it more bcoz the novel does tend to bcum languid at times na?!) πŸ˜‰ But all in all, the movie like the buk has that one particular quality which gives this classic a high..namely the fact that u will read and smile in ur highs or lows!😊 Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 16 years ago
lotus2007 thumbnail

Originally posted by: lucky_lakshmi

which do u think has been the best interpretation of a book on celluloid of Television...?

I think on Celluloid , it is Gone With The Wind and The Godfather Trilogy (I like 1 and 2 only in this though)
and on Television..No second thoughts here...Adventures of Sherlock Holmes starring Jeremy Brett as the legendary sleuth...-I also really like Sherlock Holmes starting with Jeremy BrettπŸ˜ƒ

Lotus.πŸ˜‰

-De.De- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

and on Television..No second thoughts here...Adventures of Sherlock Holmes starring Jeremy Brett as the legendary sleuth...

Oh man....I still havnt seen Gothfather yet😳

Edited by Day_Dreamer - 16 years ago
-De.De- thumbnail
I think Matilda Raold Dahl πŸ‘Edited by Day_Dreamer - 16 years ago
lucky_lakshmi thumbnail

πŸ˜ƒHe immortalities Holmes...Infact, If anyone asks me about a character from a book which has been best portrayed on screen, I wud say its Sherlock Holmes by Jeremy Brett...Just amazing!πŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by: Day_Dreamer

Oh man....I still havnt seen Gothfather yet😳

πŸ˜‰I know U are envious huh!?πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰ U liked the book, u will like the movie too..Marlon Brando as The Don and Al Pacino as Michael has absolutely Rocked!πŸ˜ƒ

also: Not to forget the Lord of the Rings Movie Trilogy...AMAZING!πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘ I started liking the buks better after I saw the movie!😳

N I think Martin Brest's "Scent of a Woman" is based on a book but I havent read the buk. I have seen the movie and Its one of my favourites😊
Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 16 years ago
-De.De- thumbnail

πŸ˜‰I know U are envious huh!?πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰ U liked the book, u will like the movie too..Marlon Brando as The Don and Al Pacino as Michael has absolutely Rocked!πŸ˜ƒ

also: Not to forget the Lord of the Rings Movie Trilogy...AMAZING!πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘ I started liking the buks better after I saw the movie!😳

N I think Martin Brest's "Scent of a Woman" is based on a book but I havent read the buk. I have seen the movie and Its one of my favourites😊

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†haan na...πŸ˜‰ I always tell my mum ke jab bhi lage tell me and mum always forgets and i miss it but this time zaroor dekhongi😳 lords of the ring bhi dekhi hai (exp last part) but haven't read the book.....

Scent of Woman... hmmmmmm well will try to watch it or read book atleast😳

cool_pooja thumbnail
Full House, Mary-Kate and Ashley, Lizzie McGuire were all really nice! πŸ˜ƒ
lucky_lakshmi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Day_Dreamer

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†haan na...πŸ˜‰ I always tell my mum ke jab bhi lage tell me and mum always forgets and i miss it but this time zaroor dekhongi😳 lords of the ring bhi dekhi hai (exp last part) but haven't read the book.....

Scent of Woman... hmmmmmm well will try to watch it or read book atleast😳

The last one 'Return of the King' is the best😊
aS for Scent of a Woman, That isnot an English Book. The Movie is English and its one of the best I have ever seen..Al Pacino at his Best...He is just scintillating in this movie (as if he isnt so in every movie!) He rocked in The Godfather and perhaps rocks even more in SOAW....His Oscar Winning performance unless I am mistaken...(thats him the "Magnificent" in my signature from the same movieπŸ˜ƒ)

and I would like to add to those 'Good movies inspired from Books' is Mira Nair's "The Namesake" from the novel by Jhumpa Lahiri of the same name..Terrific movie!πŸ‘
Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 16 years ago