Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Blossom5 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Originally posted by: Barnali

When it comes to remix...sorry but i am too orthodox 😆 I am totally against them..and not just that i feel those songs should not be worked upon to change the effect. just make sure to archive it from the tapes as they may get lost with time. But leave it there. Those MD's gave some brilliant music...why do further experiments on those?

These few new MD's who r making the remixes give the reason that they r doing them to see that the songs become popular among the new generation too. but i personally feel thats not the case...they r doing it more to earn some quick bucks. they themselves maybe lack that level of creativity so use these popular old ones to help themselves. Thats ofcourse my own pov. 😳

My goodness, Barnaliji, this is the second time i am quoting you. Very well said.  :)   If the song was meant to sound fast and peppy and all that, it would have been made that way in the first place. No remix or adaptations needed. A composer makes a song the way it is meant to be heard and we shouldn't change it. We are in a place now though that if you don't have a remix for your album songs, it is frowned on. I wonder how that happened. In relation to older songs remixed, "old is gold" so leave it alone!!

Bhaskar.T thumbnail

Originally posted by: Barnali

These few new MD's who r making the remixes give the reason that they r doing them to see that the songs become popular among the new generation too. but i personally feel thats not the case...they r doing it more to earn some quick bucks. they themselves maybe lack that level of creativity so use these popular old ones to help themselves. Thats ofcourse my own pov. 😳

Originally posted by: LuckyJade

I wonder how that happened. In relation to older songs remixed, "old is gold" so leave it alone!!

👏

So well explained by you both. Old is Gold!!! Yes true. Best is to leave them. One more point. These albums never survive because of the remix they do. They are surviving because of the music video it carries. No wonder all those remixes are forgotten with time.

Sur_Sangam thumbnail
The old songs and the catchy tunes have been experimented and played with for some time now. New singers singing the old songs has been going on for a long time. Than you can have lot of songs with jhankar beat added to it. You can find people singing bhajans on old or catchy tunes.Than they added some rap and western music to the original song.
Than they started making music videos using some special old songs. 70 percent of these songs have originally been sung by Shamshad Begum. Majority of these videos have scantily dressed women dancing to these songs.There are few videos which have been done tastefully and can be seen with the family..So looks like people will continue experimenting in different ways as long as there is market for it.

Here is Jagjit Singh ji singing
Kahin door jab din dhal jaye..
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7flfbCY6U8[/YOUTUBE] Edited by Sur_Sangam - 16 years ago
ritzbitz thumbnail
forget about old songs, they couldnt even do the proper remix of "mehbooba mehbooba" 😆 ...it was crap except for that line in between " hut saala" 😆 . i so liked that line .. 😆
Blossom5 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sur_Sangam

The old songs and the catchy tunes have been experimented and played with for some time now. New singers singing the old songs has been going on for a long time. Than you can have lot of songs with jhankar beat added to it. You can find people singing bhajans on old or catchy tunes.Than they added some rap and western music to the original song.
Than they started making music videos using some special old songs. 70 percent of these songs have originally been sung by Shamshad Begum. Majority of these videos have scantily dressed women dancing to these songs.There are few videos which have been done tastefully and can be seen with the family..So looks like people will continue experimenting in different ways as long as there is market for it.

Here is Jagjit Singh ji singing
Kahin door jab din dhal jaye..
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7flfbCY6U8[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah, I know. Most of the videos for these songs are nothing short of tasteless and take the true meaning of the song.  away. I don't think  those who created those songs wanted to see them

abused this way.