Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

punjini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Originally posted by: shehzaadi91

Secondly, in old songs, the lyrics actually had meaning. So it is important not to add sounds that contradict the meaning. Many times people speed up sad songs and add dance beats to it. It may even sound good in terms of rhythm and melody, but with the lyrics it just makes no sense. I've heard one such remix of the song "Hum tumse juda hoke mar jayenge ro ro ke". Now how in the world can that be a fast song?

😆
Bhaskar.T thumbnail

I've heard one such remix of the song "Hum tumse juda hoke mar jayenge ro ro ke". Now how in the world can that be a fast song?

I would love to hear this nonsense... oppps.. remix.😆 Can anyone get the link. Please....

punjini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I think very few people know that what are popularly known as remixes in India are actually not remixes. When they get new singers to sing old songs and produce the sound again, it's technically not a remix. A remix is when you take an original song and add to it.

To this I would like to distort the saying about a rose smelling the same even when called by any other name, and say "Rubbish, when called any other name would still be rubbish". So whether remix in technical sense or not, I would call it rubbish. 😆
Barnali thumbnail

Originally posted by: punjini

I think it is a real tribute to this man that even now, people are struggling to sing his "laaga chunari mein daag" in contest after contest. Wonder how he feels when he sees all these kids trying to sing such a monumental song.

Good point...this is one song which has been sung in every talent hunt for singers whenever there was a semi classical round. One more point here...till now we hv seen clones after clones coming for other singers and they hv been not so bad too. but when it came to Manna dey not many attempted to do so...infact i dnt recall any such. He is truely the living legend of our music industry.

advil thumbnail

Remixes are nonsense. They kill the song. Imagine Manna da's classic numbers upgraded with techno beats. The whole feel of the song would disappear...

Edited by advil - 16 years ago
Blossom5 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Barnali

Good point...this is one song which has been sung in every talent hunt for singers whenever there was a semi classical round. One more point here...till now we hv seen clones after clones coming for other singers and they hv been not so bad too. but when it came to Manna dey not many attempted to do so...infact i dnt recall any such. He is truely the living legend of our music industry.

Very true!! I think the only person who sang it right is Aneek in challenge 07 and, yes, I have heard too many people try to sing it.On the subject of remixes though, I think that some music directors may see it as a way out, make a few songs only and then remix them and your free to go. Sure, some remixes can bee good but I think remixes are way overused and have made many songs void of any meaning and purpose.

-shehzaadi- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bhaskar.T

I would love to hear this nonsense... oppps.. remix.😆 Can anyone get the link. Please....

I'm not sure where to find it, I had heard it at a friend's house and was surprised to hear that Sonu Nigam sang it. After searching for it all I could find was Sonuji's cover version of the song (in the original pace), so I guess a DJ took the cover version and remixed it.😆
Blossom5 thumbnail
This makes the discussion interesting. I don't mind covers of songs but I think remixes are overused, and as we have said, some are done horribly.
jaskaran48 thumbnail

I'm not sure where to find it, I had heard it at a friend's house and was surprised to hear that Sonu Nigam sang it. After searching for it all I could find was Sonuji's cover version of the song (in the original pace), so I guess a DJ took the cover version and remixed it.😆

remix isn't about making a song faster...alot of remxes just added modern beats...but yes alot of the general DJ's do just make everysong into a party song....with fast beats...and bass....but not all
Barnali thumbnail
When it comes to remix...sorry but i am too orthodox 😆 I am totally against them..and not just that i feel those songs should not be worked upon to change the effect. just make sure to archive it from the tapes as they may get lost with time. But leave it there. Those MD's gave some brilliant music...why do further experiments on those?

These few new MD's who r making the remixes give the reason that they r doing them to see that the songs become popular among the new generation too. but i personally feel thats not the case...they r doing it more to earn some quick bucks. they themselves maybe lack that level of creativity so use these popular old ones to help themselves. Thats ofcourse my own pov. 😳