Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai

This is like icing on the cake: Rajesh

appu_m thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
This is like icing on the cake: Rajesh
27 Feb 2008, 0000 hrs IST,NICOLE DASTUR ,TNN

Rajesh Khattar (TOI Photo)

He thought he had done it all, from the small-screen to the big, even voice-overs for a gamut of characters.

But the actor in Rajesh Khattar was in for a big surprise when he was asked to audition for an international television mini-series — Sharpe's Peril — and was even more surprised to learn that he had earned the part!

Directed by renowned British director Tom Clegg, Rajesh has been chosen to star in Sharpe's Peril, the latest episode in the Sharpe series starring Sean Bean (of Lord of the Rings fame).

For those not in the know, the Sharpe series, considered among the most popular of British productions with a viewership of more than 20 million in the UK and USA, is a television drama about Richard Sharpe, a fictional British soldier in the Napoleonic Wars. "I enact the character of South Indian officer Pillai in the East India Company," says an excited Rajesh. Incidentally, Nandana Sen is also a part of the same project.

So, was he ever expecting to cross national boundaries as far as his career was concerned? "It came as a huge surprise. The casting director came to India, and through recommendations, I was contacted, and two auditions later, I was selected," beams Rajesh, who is eagerly looking forward to the shooting, which will take place in Khajorao for seven weeks beginning March 3. "Although it's just two episodes, the shooting schedule will take around a month-and-a-half. Each episode is an hour long, so two episodes will amount to two hours, which is the same length as a short film! So, in essence, it's like shooting for a mini-movie," smiles Rajesh.

Even as his personal life is shining with actress-director Vandana Sajnani by his side, professionally too, Rajesh is on a high right now.

After recently receiving a number of awards for his on-screen negative portrayals, he is upbeat about experimenting with roles and characters in movies, on television and in theatre. "At the moment, I have a bouquet of roles — positive, negative, comical; I couldn't have asked for more! And now Sharpe's Peril... this is like the icing on the cake!" says the self-confessed chameleon, who admits that he can fit into any character's skin.

An actor is worth the opportunities he gets, believes Rajesh, and Rajesh is all set to make hay while the international sun shines down bright on him!

Please reply 😳

Source: times of india
Edited by appu_m - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks for the article appu, wish him all the best in his international career.

Eva JQ thumbnail
woow... hope he will make it