Groovychick thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

hey guyz...i ave lotz of indian frens nd i no sumthing that lotz of their parents force them 2 be either a docrtor or lawyer or even an engineer....i mean...i no the parents mean the best 4 them but they jus shouldn't dump their decision lyk that on their children...i mean it could spoil their whole lyf!!! i think evry1 has a ryt 2 choose woteva they want 2 b!!!

plz tell me wot u guyz think😊

luv tina

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ME_T thumbnail
a chiild has theitr right of what to be. my parents r happy wid my choice. i myself want to be a laywer. haha. lol. no it;sa not my parents choice it's mine. anyway i stioll go to high school so long yr's. my parents ar elike fine that's o.k as loing as u try and work hard u;ll get there. but ther'll be happy wid whateva i want to be.
sweetsorrow18 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
yeh, i agree it is up to the children
but its hard not to get caught up in the loop.
i mean, parents do want the best for us, and they want us to have a career in which we are financially stable and able to support ourselves and future families.  Yes, we have  a right to decide our own careers, but we should also choose something we love and that our parents agree on.....thats the best way to go😊
PixieDust91 thumbnail
Finally! Someone who thinks the same thing! For example, I said I wanted to be a pharmacist, and my dad said "No! That's not good! You should be a doctor." I also thought about being a meteorologist and his reaction "I'm not gonnna let you be a weather girl!" I want do do something different and not be a doctor and he wants me to be one. I know that he wants whats best for me, but i'm really not interested in becoming a doctor.
simi1295 thumbnail
i dont agree with you. being an indian and having alot of indian friends. nor my parents or my friends parents ever made us do anything we didnt want to do. my parnets always told me to have good education, no matter what i was studyn as long as i was doing somting.
punjabiprincess thumbnail

Originally posted by: simi1295

i dont agree with you. being an indian and having alot of indian friends. nor my parents or my friends parents ever made us do anything we didnt want to do. my parnets always told me to have good education, no matter what i was studyn as long as i was doing somting.

I agree with you 100%πŸ‘πŸΌ, my parents are like that too. They just want me to be happy in the future and get a well education, no matter what my career choice is.😊

Groovychick thumbnail
guyz i'm not sayin don't listen 2 ur parents but u all ave a ryt 2 do wot u want nd 2 b wot u want 2 b...ur parents can't force a decision on u nd except u accept that decision even if u don't want 2!! yes...ur parents wish best 4 u but itz ur lyf...u decide wot u want 2 do. ur parents wish the best 4 u but in the end u ave 2 decide wot u want 2 b

pixiedust...i think that u should b wot u want...but don't ignore ur parents...i'm sure they mean the best 4 u...they jus want u 2 ave a gud job...that's it...but choose a job which suits u nd ur parents
PixieDust91 thumbnail

Originally posted by: punjabiprincess

I agree with you 100%πŸ‘πŸΌ, my parents are like that too. They just want me to be happy in the future and get a well education, no matter what my career choice is.😊

I too agree, but my parents really want me to be a doctor, but I don't want to be one.

Groovychick thumbnail
ya..its so true...indian parents always want their children 2 b dr.s...itz prob. b coz u get gud money but realli...i think u should do wot u want 2 do!
Signora2 thumbnail
Yep Indian parents want their kids to be engineers and doctors, but not my parents, I had a science background in school, did clear engineering entrance exam but my heart was not into it, so I opted for something different and I am enjoying everybit of it. I hope to do MBA in the future.
signora2