Say Shaava Shaava

Article--Sumeet Raghavan -My 1st Award

anishma24 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Yup, your reaction? I haven't won a single award so far so I'm elated. Since you were the only trained singer, weren't you brought in to make the other contestants insecure? I wouldn't know if I was brought in to add to the drama. All I know is that we had a blast. Your co-contestants believe that you had an edge due to your classical music background. I'd studied classical music for five years way back in 1984. I was singing after 17 years. Weren't you a runner-up in Zee Marathi's Sa Re Ga Ma Pa? Yeah, but back then I had to sing with live musicians. On Say Shaava Shaava, we had to sing on a track. I'd never done that before, so I don't think I had an edge over the others. Did you make any friends on the show? Mannish Goyal who I initially thought was khadoos, has become a real pal. Is Sarabhai VS Sarabhai coming up with a sequel? Nope. Is that because the actors have upped their price? I don't think that's true. Rajesh (Kumar), Rupalik (Ganguly) and I were very interested in a sequel. I still get fan mail for it. Was Rupali Ganguly the cry baby she was in Bigg Boss? She'd make us cry! Jokes apart, she was the only one who had a soap background and we would keep pulling her leg about this. Aatish (Kapadia) would say he'd cast Rupali because he thought she was hilari- ous in Sanjeevni. He'd say that these daily soaps have so much comedy. Your cousin Gautami Kapoor is part of one such daily comedy too. I haven't seen Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi but she's a terrific actress. I've seen Ram's work too but sorry, I can'twatch these soaps. Ekta Kapoor is planning Mahabharat. What part would you like to play? (Laughs) Is she calling it Kahab- harat? I'd like to play Draupadi.

www.bodhtree.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

spsharmila thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for the article.....sumit has great sense of humor.I hope to see him on big screen soon πŸ˜ƒ
fakira thumbnail
Thanks for the article,
He wants to play Draupadi 🀣

Its new news to me that Gautami is his cousin. Good to know. Both cousins are great actors.

Originally posted by: spsharmila

Thanks for the article.....sumit has great sense of humor.I hope to see him on big screen soon

Your hopes are coming true very soon. We are going to see him with Ajay in his directional debut film.
spsharmila thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: fakira

Thanks for the article,
He wants to play Draupadi 🀣

Its new news to me that Gautami is his cousin. Good to know. Both cousins are great actors.

Your hopes are coming true very soon. We are going to see him with Ajay in his directional debut film.

Thanks fakira for the newsπŸ˜ƒ

srishti bhutani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
he rocks!saas-bahu drama sucks but some meaningful youth oriented and other daily soaps had come up they did so well but now tv soaps have strted copying films which is not so happening

sarabhai was a fresh comedy wish it wud have a sequel

yup he is very funny πŸ˜† Edited by srishti bhutani - 16 years ago