Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

harshi21 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Loved it, esp about the part of Mahi's eyes changing with every emotion... chooooooo shweeeeeeeet
cute447 thumbnail
thnx for the awesome update...can't wait for the next part
rajrit thumbnail
that was an awesome update...continue soon
jedi_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Hello everybody! So I have written an update rather quickly this time! πŸ˜†

I've written a small note to explain what's exactly in my head. It's about the Goa Festival; it's something that I've always wanted to writeπŸ˜›

Comments are always welcome as they help me write better! πŸ˜Š

Part 5

Note: The Goa Festival was an annual competition. People from all around the country came and faced each other in pairs in a series of challenges which could range from treasure hunting to races. After many months of buttering and discussions, Soni and Mahi had been able to convince their parents to let them go. Veer and Shabd on the other hand had participated last year and they were now accustomed to the pace of the competition. Needless to say that Suhani was not too keen to come for in her own words she wasn't ' going to ruin her make-up and heels,' But when she got whiff that Mahi was participating, she immediately insisted to do so too.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx

Two days later, two cars reached the Mohan Nivaas. Mahi and Soni came out of their house dressed casually followed by Mouni and Brij. Veer and Shabd greeted them; Veer warmly and Shabd with slightly more reserve. But it was obvious that he felt more comfortable now in their presence as he started to converse with Brij on a rather friendly note. Mahi noticed it and was evermore confused. How could someone be reserved and arrogant at one moment and be friendlier in another? Some time later, Mahi came out with her bag,' Uff! Kitna bhari hain-' Her sentence remained unfinished as Shabd stopped her in her tracks and took her bag, ' Mujhe de do, Mahi'

His voice... it was different and on top of that he was smiling! For a moment, Mahi was struck by how handsome he really was. His features were more approachable and there was a gleam surrounding him. ' You should smile more, you look really nice,' escaped her before she could stop herself and her cheek took a rosy shade. Shabd, surprised that Mahi had given him a compliment, grinned from one ear to the other!

' Soni, Mahi... apna khayal rakhna.. Aur wahan aate hi humein phone kar lena, theek hai?' Brij knew the girls would be able to look after themselves but as a father, he was bound to have feel some fear. And in any way he had thoroughly checked the backgrounds of the two men...

' Haan Bauji! Aur aap apni medicines lena,' Soni told him.

In the train, Soni, Veer and Suhani were together in one compartment and Mahi and Shabd in another. Veer and Soni kept talking about all and nothing.

' Tum kabhi Goa nahin gayi, Soni?' Veer was surprised, his brown eyes amused, ' It's okay, I'll...we'll show you around.' He was encouraged to continue as Soni's interest was piqued

' And what are the main attractions there?'

'Hmm... Main jaanta hoon ke wahan par beaches acchi hain and so on .. magar jo mujhe sabse acha lagta hai wo hai wahan ke sunsets! Soni,' he shifted from his seat to move closer to her, ' I'm sure you'll love it!....I hope I don't seem too simple or stupid!' He joked, his hand ruffling his hair.

' Never,' she assured him. He noticed some shyness in her voice and his heart fluttered.

But the situation was completely different in Mahi and Shabd's compartment. There silence was the ruler. Mahi was reading her book, Pride and Prejudice, whereas Shabd was working his way through some office papers. She occasionally looked away, enjoying the scenery that was moving away in front of her. He tried to concentrate in his work but she was just there, only a few steps away. So how was he supposed not to look at the way her eyes frowned when she read something serious or when an amused smile would reach her when she came across a witty banter? But she did notice him too, seemingly interested in his papers- he was calm unlike the wedding day...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As soon as they had reached their hotel and finished unpacking they went to put their names in the competition. Once there Veer had made Soni his partner, ' Soni, tum meri partner banogi?'

' Of course,' she said with a bit too much enthusiasm; she controlled her excitement,' But I'm warning you, I'm not that good in the obstacle race,'

' It's more than okay.. because I'm not good at painting!' he assured her with a good laugh. ' Anyways, that leaves you three,' Suhani, Shabd and Mahi couldn't have formed a more awkward picture. Suhani wanted to be with Shabd who longed to be with Mahi who wished to be with neither of them!πŸ˜† A desperate Suhani had already opened her mouth when she was cut by Shabd,' Mahi?' He held his hand out to her.

At that moment he looked so adorable in his casual baggy pants and shirt that Mahi could not refuse him. Plus she didn't feel that Suhani and her would make a winning combination, The Witch and the Wit, Mahi repressed her giggle when the thought came to her, ' Sure,' she said holding Shabd's hand. This sounds interesting- she noticed Shabd's eyes light up.

Suhani, however was left alone, fuming in her own world. How dare she! Guess she was supposed to find a partner from the other people like her around....

Mahi was the last one to sign her name in the registrar and as she walked towards the car to join the others someone bumped into her.

'OH! I'm so sorry!'

A voice with a deep timbre resonated in her ears. She was in front of a young man who was probably 25 but who didn't look more than 20! He was handsome, not as much as Shabd, but he had pleasing features. He had light brown eyes, a fine nose and lips but was tall, much taller than her, but again slightly less than Shabd. Why do I keep comparing the two?! Mahi scolded herself.... He had the most amazing smile.

' I'm very, very sorry!'

'It's okay... really' she said, amused.

' Are you participating in the Festival too?' he asked suddenly. He obviously felt no hesitation in asking a stranger such questions but then he was so friendly that even Mahi was charmed into forgiving him this easiness.

' I am.. you ?'

' Absolutely...I'm-' he suddenly stopped, 'Sorry I have to go.. Guess I'll see you then!' And off he went hastily after flashing her a smile.

Mahi grinned and looked at Shabd who was talking to Veer with a lot of ease. She wondered how someone bubbly like Veer could be best friends with a reserved man like Shabd. But then, it seemed like they considered each other as brothers! She blushed faintly as she looked at Shabd. They were poles apart but when they had talked(or rather fought) during the wedding, she had felt that if he was different, things between them might have been different... She then turned to see the mysterious man who she had just met and wondered when she would meet him again.

To be continued...

I couldn't stop myself from finishing with a small cliffhanger!πŸ˜† So, until I update the next part, any guesses who this mysterious man could be?πŸ˜‰

Edited by jedi_girl - 16 years ago
harshi21 thumbnail
hmmm is the new guy Jeet...... he can be perfect for that witch Suhani
sumila thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
hmmm ,, jeet... definitely .. himmm... plz dont pair him with suhani.. she seems evil.. n my poor jeet,,,unless u change his character n make him as evil as suhani ewwwwww 🀒 πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

it is ur story.. n u r goin greatttttttttt
rajrit thumbnail
i'm also putting my money on jeet i think u brought him in has the mystery man

anyway great update...continue soon
jedi_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sumila

hmmm ,, jeet... definitely .. himmm... plz dont pair him with suhani.. she seems evil.. n my poor jeet,,,unless u change his character n make him as evil as suhani ewwwwww 🀒 πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

it is ur story.. n u r goin greatttttttttt

πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Pairing Jeet with Suhani...I had never thought of that!πŸ˜† But don't worry, Jeet is just too cute for her!β˜ΊοΈπŸ˜› I have other plans for him...πŸ˜‰

Thanks Harshi21, rajrit and sumila for your comments!πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by jedi_girl - 16 years ago
Khatti Mithi thumbnail
I just started reading your fanfic and you're doing a great job with it! πŸ‘ πŸ‘   Pride and Prejudice is my all time favorite book and movie. Please continue soon!!
sumila thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: jedi_girl

πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Pairing Jeet with Suhani...I had never thought of that!πŸ˜† But don't worry, Jeet is just too cute for her!β˜ΊοΈπŸ˜› I have other plans for him...πŸ˜‰

Thanks Harshi21, rajrit and sumila for your comments!πŸ˜ƒ

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa wat a relief... thanks 😳