Bride and PrejudicePT11 PG10, Changes!

jedi_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Hello everybody!😊

Well, I've been writing for a long time but I've never tried fanfictions. I read some of the FFs in this forum and I felt very much encouraged to start one. This ff is based on one of my favourite books, Pride and Prejudice. I'm borrowing the basic plot line and then I'll go on my own story. |Hope you like it😊

Edited by jedi_girl - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jedi_girl thumbnail

Part one

The first rays of the sun set a rosy hue to the sugarcane fields of Bhatinda. The town was waking up and soon the market place was buzzing up with voices. Colours splashed around and the sweet smell of hot jalebis added a glow to the already festive mood. Indeed, there was a wedding today and not just any wedding but that of the mayor's daughter! No need to mention how grand it was expected to be! All the arrangements had been done by the best- one such person was Brij Mohan, a close friend of the mayor.

' Mahi jaldi aaja! Woh papers lana, puttar,' shouted Brij from his office in the Mohan Nivaas.

' Aai Bauji! '

The sound of payals resonated around the house as a petite woman came running down the stairs. Dressed in a red salwaar kameez with her hair braided she walked towards her father.

' Yeh lijiyey, Bauji.'

Brij was fidgeting in his chair. He always did on the wedding day. There was so much to do and it seemed like time was never enough! Right now, he was searching desperately through his files for a number. He rumbled through all his drawers but it just wasn't there! 'Aur Mahi, maine joh number-'

' Bauji maine Khanna Sir koh kal hi phone kiya tha aur phoolon ki bhi baat kar di hain.'

' Tumne phone kar diya? ', a relieved Brij repeated.

' Aur maine driver koh bhi bhej diya hain. Woh phool directly hall lejaeyga,' Mahi answered casually.

That was a typical behaviour from his youngest daughter. He watched her as she took a file, studied its contents and worked on it. Brij just couldn't stop himself from smiling. He remembered those days when she was just a 5 year old toddler. Even at that time he was very forgetful and would leave his wallet at home but little Mahi would everyday run down the stairs before he stepped out and hand it to him with the brightest smile in the world, ' Bauji, Bauji! Aapka batwa. Aap phir bhool gaye! Lo mein lekar aai!'

He knew that Mahi and him shared a special bond. Of course, he loved his two daughters equally but in one way he was closer to Mahi. She was the first one to rush to him, to talk to him for hours; they were both very independent, free-spirited.... and Mahi! Uff! No one was as quick-witted as she was in the whole of Bhatinda. No wonder everybody called her Mirchi!

' Bauji... Bauji?' Brij awoke from his thoughts, ' Han Mahi... To ab main hall chala jata hoon.'

He had not gone far away when he realised he had again forgotten his wallet. He turned back to fetch it but Mahi was already there with a bright smile.

'Phir bhool gaye na?'

'Phir bhool gaya,' said Brij as he laughed loudly, ' Theek sare saat aa jaana shaadi mein.'

' Aap fikhar mat karo Bauji. Main hoon na! '

To be continued...

-Laiba- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
it seem so interestin continue soon! seem like the story of vivah i mean the relationship of amrita and her chacha in the movie😳 continue soon πŸ‘
basket thumbnail
great start!!!

i love it!!!

love the relationship btwn father and daughter!!!

please cont soon
thank
sanju
guju_girl1 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
wow gret start can't wait for the next part πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
jedi_girl thumbnail

Thanks soo much for the reviews!! It's very encouraging!  😊
@ Laiba: I had loved the father-daughter relationship in Vivah so much that I wanted something similar to it for Mahi and Brij πŸ˜‰

jedi_girl thumbnail

Part 2

'Suna hai ke dulha ke kuch dost Mumbai se aa rahe hain. Kitna aacha hoga na? Ek dum filmon ki tara. Anjan log aur woh bhi ek shaadi mein! Kitna romantic hoga na Mahi?' Soni said excitedly to her sister, 'Mahi!!' Soni shouted to draw Mahi's attention.

' Haan... Kya bola tumne? Oh... Soni, tum kabhi nahi badlogee,' giggled Mahi. She knew how her sister was an utter romantic and how much she wanted to meet the man of her dreams. She continued to watch on as Soni tried on each on of her best dresses and asked her a million times the same question, ' Mahi yeh kaisa hai? Acha to hai ? Main moti to nahin lag rahi?'

'Nahin meri ma! Waise bhi, baar baar wohi sawaal poonchene se jawaab nahin badlega.... unless you do want the answer to change?' Mahi teased as she ducked the pillow Soni threw at her.

' Haha.. very funny,' Soni replied, ' lekin sach mein... main to inse milne ko bahut excited hoon. Just imagine Mahi, shayad ini logon ke beech koi hai jo sirf tumhare liye bana ho?'

Kya sach mooch main koi hai.... Sirf mere liye? Mahi pondered over these questions for a long time wishing that somehow, someone would answer them for her. A strange kind of emotion took her. It was as if she just knew that something would happen today. A mysterious smile came to her face, ' Shayad'

At the same time, at the other side of Bhatinda, the train from Mumbai stopped in its tracks, its passengers getting out into the station. Three people in particular were noticed by the locals. Veer Malhotra had come with his sister Suhani to attend to the wedding of his friend. The Malhotras were one of the richest families of Mumbai and Veer was the bubbly son who was in charge of all the business.

' Can you smell this Suhani? It's the morning sweets! Mera to bachpan yaad gaya!'

' Veer pleeeeaasssse!' whined a Suhani who was dressed in a mini dress and high heeled shoes, ' Kitni garmee hai yahan. I'm sure there's not even the AC in these village cars!' She had barely walked that her heels broke, ' Ouch! Dekha Veer! Maine to pehle hi kaha ta... Yahan to kuch nahin hoga!'

' Han han, to tumse kisne kaha ke TRAIN mein tum heels pehno? Maine tumse kaha tha yeh fashion show nahin hai. Ab thora sa bhukto meri 'pyari' behan,' joked Veer.

Meanwhile, Shabd Sareen came out of the train. This tall figure was noticed by all and there was cause to be: his features were handsomely sharp. There was a natural charm and presence in him that was just fascinating. Not to forget that he was thought of as the one of the most eligible and rich bachelors of the country. He screened the area in barely a minute. It really was a scene. It might well have been a station, but it was just as lively as the market place of Bhatinda: full of colours, of people dashing in and out hurriedly and especially with everyone talking so loudly it was more like they were shouting. Nonetheless, there was a sort of magic here- an atmosphere of happiness that he found endearing. ' Veer mujhe to lagta hain ke yahaan humein kahin surprises milengey '

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The wedding celebrations beat their maximum as music of dhols was vigorously played. Hundreds of guests came and danced to the notes of the shenai.

Back inside the hall, dressed in their best salwars, Soni and Mahi were watching everything from the balcony. Mahi, especially felt particularly concerned: she had to make sure everything was going well and her eyes were intently watching all the rituals.

' Kitni sundar lag rahi dulhan...' Soni said dreamily, ' Maine to fasla kar diya hai! Apne shaadi ka jhoda mein India ke sabse bare designer se karva lungi! Aur music ek aache se orchestra ke saat... aur decorations to main-'

' Tumhe nahin lagta kuch missing hai tumare ine bade plan mein? ' Mahi asked.

' Kya ?'

' Ek insaan to missing hai'

' Kaaauuunnn?? Bauji hain, Tum ho, Mama hai - '

' Dulha! Waise bhi shaadi ke liye do insaan ki zaroorat hoti hai! ' Mahi grinned sheepishly.

' Mahi! Woh tum mil hi jaeyga.'

' Aur kya humare future Jijaji ke kuch armaan nahin hoge apne shaadi ke liye?'

' Usske kya armaan honge? Main to bholti hoon, uska ek hi kaam hai: shaadi mein aane ka!' And with this the two sisters laughed and chatted without even realising that a black car had just arrived outside.

Shabd first came out of their car. He looked around amazed at the obvious joy everyone felt for the newly weds. His relations with his family were, on the other hand, very strained. His parents had never had time for him because of their business and the rest of his relatives were there only when they needed some money from him. If it were not for his best friend, Veer, he would have been left all alone in his empty world. So, coming to this wedding in this strange place with Veer was already quite a big deal for him. Today was the first time in a very long time that he wore a Kurta and it suited him to perfection. Veer, for his sake, was already enjoying himself for he was at ease in such celebrations. He immediately searched for his friend, Rohit, the dulha.

' Hey Rohit! Congrats, man! Ab to tum phas chuke ho! Isnse milo. Yeh hain mera dost, Shabd Sareen aur meri behan, Suhani,' he said pointing to a Suhani who was clearly wishing to flee from there.

' Thanks. Oh! The Shabd Sareen! Pleased to meet you! Hmm... Aap kuch pijiyey, main abhi aaya'

Veer looked around, impressed by the decorations when he suddenly caught a glance of Soni leaning against a balcony. She looks so beautiful! was the only thing he could think of. He kept staring at her until her own gaze met with his. She too was as mesmerised as Veer. He just couldn't stop himself from contemplating her until Soni, who was blushing profusely, looked shyly away.

' Shabd!' Veer motioned his friend to come, ' Shabd! I'm in love!'

' WHAT? HOW? WHEN? No wait... With whom?'

' With this most beautiful woman leaning against the balcony'

' Veer... Yeh tum kaise keh sakte ho ki tumhe isse pyaar ho gaya hai? You barely know her!'

' Isse se kya hota hai? Pyar to aise hi hota hai...' Veer retorted, his gaze still locked on Soni. He knew Shabd had not received the same loved Suhani and him had received from their parents. Such notions were naturally alien to him.

' Mein nahin manta. I don't believe in love at first si-'

Shabd never had the time to complete his sentence for by a series of unbelievable turn of events he saw a young woman run down the stairs, slip and fall straight into his arms.

He caught her right in time but the moment he looked at her he was stunned...Her cheeks had taken a rosy shade and her hair, loosened from her braid, fell all around her face. Her arms were around his and it seemed to him that it was just perfect. But it was not just that. Sure, she was beautiful, but her eyes, still registering her fall, were twinkling, as if conveying a thousand emotions to Shabd. It was first time that he had ever seen that. In Mumbai, there were hordes of girls who were running after him but none was as this petite woman. They remained like that for what felt like an endless moment until the worried voice of Soni shouted out, 'Mahi, tum theek ho?'

To be continued...

sl032597 thumbnail
i really like your concept. I am a huge Jane Austin fan.
sumila thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

thanks for addding veer n soni ..... i luved it ne ways 😍 .. every single scene u described was sooo dreammy that i wanna fall for it...😳😳

Edited by sumila - 16 years ago
sumila thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
n desp waitin for another update.... 😳