TV’s famous lawyer enters Bollywood

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
TV's famous lawyer enters Bollywood

Pawan Shankar of Siddharth fame is debuting with Bhatti On Chutti which stars Anupam Kher and Neha Pendse.

About the film, Pawan tells us, "Anupam Kher is playing Bhatti in the film and I am playing Prem. The film is based on middle class people who aspire to go on world tours. I am a part of a group of 7-8 people which goes on a tour. My purpose is to patao a firang girl and settle down abroad. I am a lazy guy who borrows money from his friends, relatives for this adventure and doesn't want to come back to India."

On being probed further, he adds, "Unfortunately I and Anupam Kher fall in love with the same girl. And then the real story starts about how we try to pull each other's leg and disclose things about each other. The film has shades of comedy and thriller."

Speaking about the experience of working with Anupamji, he says, "It was very smooth. He is a great actor and I never felt that I am working with such a senior actor. He gave me plenty of acting tips during the shoot and always used to manage things when I goofed up. He has a wonderful role in the film."

How far has the shooting of the film progressed? "We have almost completed the shooting. Recently we finished a 35-day schedule in UK and Scotland. Only a small schedule of 3-4 days in India is left which we will finish soon. The film will release in March and I am excited about it."

What else are you up to? "I have almost finished shooting for my second film which is based on a social issue. We have shot the entire film in Bihar. It's an art film which will be going for all the festivals. All my co-stars are from various theatre groups. I am playing a central character in the film. There are several other projects which I am thinking about but nothing has been finalized. I do not want to do television now because it has become stagnant and routine."

We wish Pawan all the best for his filmi adventure.