Shameful depiction of medical profession.

simikr thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 16 years ago

Hi guys, I am new here. I am too busy to visit very often but when I do I like to read meaningful posts.😊 

I was really impressed by the posts and views expressed by the members in this section of IF 👏👏👏

BRAVO and KEEP IT UP!!!!

That is why I want to approach this topic which has bothered me for quite a while. I have watched both in Hindi and Tamil TV serials the BLATANT  denigration of the MEDICAL PROFESSION!!!. Being a physician myself, this has been very disturbing esp. when I see doctors, nurses and other ancillary medical staff being bribed fairly easily and being made to do criminal acts. WHY?!!! I know that in every profession there are bad elements but I have always felt that doctors abide by a code of conduct and I am sure that this is mostly true!!!!

I am amazed to see medical reports altered at will and freely available to anyone. I was SHOCKED to see a doctor in ARASI injecting this poor girl with an experimental agent knowing fully well that it was harmful.

I am surprised that this continues to happen and nobody has raised a FURORE against this!!!!😡😡 

I would welcome some discussion and comments on this topic!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anjali_prajin thumbnail
yes simiv i agree with u pa ,but not all the doctors are like this ,i think only few of them are very rude,money minded and greedy? and many more i can tell.But personally i feel some doctors are like this dont ever bother abt human life and do such a work for money ie ,bribe .U r right .Very well said and i agree with ur comments on this .

Yes me too saw in arasi and that too with a small and cute girl ISH who is well good ,whom they do this kind of act.These people should be given nice punishment so others will not commit the same mistake and know what is value of human beings ? and what is the meaning of life??

U r right ? Btw what do u do in medicine? Are u studying or practising ?
simikr thumbnail
Thanx Anjali for your opinion.

I agree with U about ppl who are a stain on the profession, though I haven't come across them in my experience. Yes there are definitely those who are negligent or simply incompetent but bribe takers, not so far!!!

Regarding what I am doing, I am practising in the US presently.

Simi
jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
hi simiv..i know exactly what you mean...the way professionals are portrayed in the serials is amazing...drop a pin and the lot of them have to reach for it and ferret it away.  they are corrupt!! be it a policeman, or a doctor, or a telegraph man or who ever....most of the directors dont leave anybody behind, and leave no stone unturned just to add on to the ongoing sufferring of the heroine!!!

As long as a man and his mistress are not parted, as long as his wife can keep her extra-marital affair a secret, as long as the wicked sisters in law etcetc get hold of the family wealth these abjectly negative portrayals will continue.

Excess, apparently, is the path to success when it comes to television.Edited by jasunap - 16 years ago
simikr thumbnail

Originally posted by: jasunap

hi simiv..i know exactly what you mean...the way professionals are portrayed in the serials is amazing...drop a pin and the lot of them have to reach for it and ferret it away.  they are corrupt!! be it a policeman, or a doctor, or a telegraph man or who ever....most of the directors dont leave anybody behind, and leave no stone unturned just to add on to the ongoing sufferring of the heroine!!!

As long as a man and his mistress are not parted, as long as his wife can keep her extra-marital affair a secret, as long as the wicked sisters in law etcetc get hold of the family wealth these abjectly negative portrayals will continue.

Excess, apparently, is the path to success when it comes to television.

Great comments Jasunap!!! I totally agree. Its amazing how these wicked MIL, SIL,BIL get away with multiple murders and continue to commit major crime and have no fear of being caught!!! Take Adhi in KOLANGAL for example!!!😆

jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
sometimes simiv, i think there are no good people in any family!!! except for the long suffering heroine/hero everybody else...be it her husband or child, or wife or relatives or anybody...they are all a taint in the evil world the hero/heroine lives in.

the tele serial directors, have, obviously, never heard of a normal happy family!!!

Edited by jasunap - 16 years ago
usha_pooja thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hey Simtv, hands up first of all for posting a meanful topic.

Me too im totally digusted to see doctors injecting new medicines onto small childrens. Its so heartbreaking to see many professions like then testing out new medicines onto innocent people.

Well, in terms of serial wise, directors are showing the events which, are shown to an extent in real life. Even though there is a number of handful whom remain devoted to patients and indeed for them to cure within time. It can be dishearting to watch these kind of scenes and sometimes my heart will cry for emotions.

There are other scenes in serials such as the two wives syndromes. Which, I believe is totally disgraceful. Seriously, they are just nuts to protray these kind of situations. Why dont they just come up with something new like surrogate mothers, single mother stories trying to bring up her mother. Or any complexity stories will be a taster to watch.

Since, Im a student studing in the biomedical field i.e. researcher. Well, i have three more years to qualify as one.

anjali_prajin thumbnail
I agree with all of your comments .btw the way only in serials and movies they show so awkward in a way abt the doctors and patients and some nurse who come across such a kind of situation where the harmless and poor people suffer lots for example in arasi how the way they showed for ISH? and also in kolangal and many more we can tell.This is more in village hospitals and clinic's?

The more evil people are there like this to blame other good doctors also and get bad name for them even though when they are good ?

As there are some many cases the husband or wife having illegal relationship or even some girls getting pregnant b4 marriage go to hospitals and gets aborted and so many cases are occuring in hospitals which they show in serials and movies and this a bad example for the youth now a days in india.

Here in sydney they showed a news abt pregnant lady was not properly given treatement in govt hospitals as no time limits given or they dont see patients in certain time and that lady i think so aussie lady had abortion in that same hospital b4 got tested by the doctors? and many more cases are there all over the place ?And parents got very angry with that doctors there and for abt bad treatment or not seen properly ?? and so on.

Many more we can tell abt this profession .The more they see is money .Some doctors are more money minded ,and so they are very careless in treatement .
anjali_prajin thumbnail
Hi simi one more news came in india that a 10 th or 11 std boy who did a ceserian to some village lady and delivered her baby as his both mother and father were doctors and this news came more HOT i think 4 months b4 which is all so shocking to see and hear all those .

Though the parents of that boy got arrested for this act given in india .And this news shows how irresponsible that family was to get involved in such a kind of act this happened real in india .

I think so these did not happened to b seen in movies or serials but as they wanted to have some ginnus record they get involved in such a kind of act.

So i think now a days doctors are not been given proper respect ie, to some good doctors they have to be given proper respect as they are the one who is saving life's of people ,and as for some who spoil the name all the good doctors are even given    bad name .This all should be avoided.

Unless they avoid to show all rubbish in serials and movies all these will get stopped.
simikr thumbnail
Thanks everybody for taking an active part in this discussion!!!

Anjali, what you say is indeed extremely shocking!!!
something which is highly unlikely to happen in this country. I must say that medical doctors in the US undergo a thorough background and credential check before they are employed. No other profession here is subject to this kind of investigation.

I think that the main reason we hear of such shocking things being so commonplace back home is due to the very high rate of illiteracy and thereby people fall easy prey to these QUACKS!!!
Another thing that I have seen is that a lot of people have blind faith in these doctors and never question them or seek a 2nd opinion even when the treatment is obviously wrong or not working!!! Edited by simiv - 16 years ago