DOTW - Do you still like HP?

ammmu thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Hellooooooooooo HPians, πŸ€—

Welcome back to another Discussion of the Week!πŸ˜ƒ

This week, we'll be discussing about the new information we've found out about the characters and storyline in the Harry Potter books.

We all know the news about Dumbledore, if you don't then you're welcome to ask or find from the articles. What do you think about this? Do you think it's too abrupt for JK Rowling to state that, or have you questioned Dumbledore in this sense before?

There have been information and articles, and I'm sure you will be able to tell from your friends and family who have read the books - does this affect your liking of HP as a whole? Some people have decided that they will not read HP anymore because of the news about Dumbledore, some respect him even more. What do you think?

Moderator's Note:
Please keep the discussions healthy and appropriate for this topic.

Have fun,
Love, HP Dev Team
Sam, Manshi, Misha, Harshu, Ammu

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
Jk Rowling's Revelation on Dumbledore is of no importance for me...Its just crap nonsense...Seriously, Jo seems to be going out of her mind( No offense, this in no way degrades her writer she is just a very good writer and will always be the magician who spelled Pottermagic on millions around the worldπŸ‘)
But really, if this is a publicity stunt now that the series is over, mind u Its very cheap...
This revelation doesnt make any difference in the Dumbledore we know from the books...we have always liked him..Loved him infact, as the brilliant, kind, good, all-knowing and best wizard in the series...This revelation is out of the context completely...
I feel it was very much unnecessary...Jo says that she respects Great men like Leonardo Da Vinci n all and thats why she said DD is gay (also she gave the emotional attatchment DD felt to Grindelwald as an example)...
For me I feel its kinda idiotic:
1: All great men have to be Gay??? πŸ˜• πŸ˜• πŸ˜• Thats news to me...

2: As for the attatchment DD felt for Gellert, I have said this b4 and repeat that Emotional attatchment he felt for Gellert doesnt have to be bcoz he is gay(or actually dun we call that kinda Sexual attatchment if he is gay?! πŸ˜• )
yes...his relation with Grindelwald decided the roots of the fight and win against Voldy (for Dumbledore was the brain behind the war)πŸ‘

in DD's case too, he was such a brilliant young man, he wanted to do some good(what he thought was best) for wizardkind(of course he was young and carried away). and he found himself in a terrible mess with a mad sister and a crazy brother to be looked after with lil gold and all his ambitions shattered and him shut up in the secluded village exasperated with the boring life. of course, Grindelwald came and they discussed and added fire to the empty couldron(read Dumbledore). of course he was instantly attracted by an equally brilliant young man and when he saw that all wasnt afterall over, he became emotionally attrated to Gellert. Its said that he always dreaded what Gellert wud turn out to be but turned a blind eye to it convincing himself but in vain....
This explanation quite evident in the book...
N I have to say Far more convincing...

So I say That I dont Care abt this revelation its nothing really!
But what does pain me is when some ppl say "I no longer Like DD" Thats pathetic from the reader's side...no offense but thats what I feell...
When I see some terrible discussions like "Did DD take advantage of School Boys" n all(Yeah Really!!! 😑 😑 🀒 ) N some equally(or perhaps more) Teriible answers to such idiotic quetions(Makes me wanna give each n every one of them one tight slap!πŸ˜†) Thats just terrible that ppl can be such lousy fans n are deriving such absurd meaning out of what Jo said...

Really we need to grow up..DD is a fictional character we all love him being such a mad eccentric genius and Dumbledore is Dumbledore! Thats it 😊

I have always loved HP series and I dont see this revelation makes any change to that! 😊 HP ROCKS! 😊 Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 16 years ago
HarshuKiDeewani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i still do... i mean, the kind of ppl who r saying all sorts of things about DD, this is discrimination, isnt it?
thats wat makes me angry... its ridiculous... DD being gay doesn't change anything, at least for me
sumera siddiqui thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shriyaroxxx

i still do... i mean, the kind of ppl who r saying all sorts of things about DD, this is discrimination, isnt it?
thats wat makes me angry... its ridiculous... DD being gay doesn't change anything, at least for me

For me tooπŸ˜³πŸ‘

mellisai thumbnail

great discussion topic ammu!πŸ‘

for me, it doesn't make any difference! actually, it makes me want to read the books again to see if there are any hints given by JKR about dumbledore!

thamizhan

nitasuni thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I agree with you all. It didn't make a difference,I still love to read HP and DD is a much repectable charector.
When the story is already completed and what she has to tell is told (written), the writer has no claim over the charector, it is the readers who to decide what a charector is and it differ from reader to reader.
tukz_REmix thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
no i stil love hp as i sud 2 b4....dis was possible...dd always believd in luv....but is it possible he himslf havent evr luvd su1....may b dere were no gals in his life so he fel in luv wid nother wizard of his age wid same brillaince.....it was possible alrite
Mini786 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Do I still like HP?
Ofcoarse I do! HP is awsome regardless, i still read all the books!

We all know the news about Dumbledore, if you don't then you're welcome to ask or find from the articles. What do you think about this? I think it is rather wierd, but it shows so much and makes the whole plot about dumbeldore much more understandable. Do you think it's too abrupt for JK Rowling to state that, or have you questioned Dumbledore in this sense before? Its rather abrupt, I mean I never expected it. I never thought about it, I always that Dumby and McGonnagal...

There have been information and articles, and I'm sure you will be able to tell from your friends and family who have read the books - does this affect your liking of HP as a whole? No way! I mean when I read, sometimes I forget the articles and read HP like I did before. Like I was reading yesterday (HP 6) and i rad like 50 pages and went to do some hw and then is when i realizedd oh wait DD is gay...but it didnt effect my reading! Some people have decided that they will not read HP anymore because of the news about Dumbledore, some respect him even more. What do you think? I dont respect him more...because i respected him to the fullest before soo...

Will edit later!
cool_pooja thumbnail

Originally posted by: ammmu

We all know the news about Dumbledore, if you don't then you're welcome to ask or find from the articles. What do you think about this? Do you think it's too abrupt for JK Rowling to state that, or have you questioned Dumbledore in this sense before?

I think its all a publicity stunt dat people read the novels over and over again to find some clues! And i think its really cheap!

There have been information and articles, and I'm sure you will be able to tell from your friends and family who have read the books - does this affect your liking of HP as a whole? Some people have decided that they will not read HP anymore because of the news about Dumbledore, some respect him even more. What do you think?

To a certain extent it does because im dissapointed by the way they are trying to create cheapness in the novel, but overall it doesnt bec i love HP and nothing can change that.

-Khushiyana- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
yes I still like HP...
even though i havent read but I love watching the next edition to the HP!!