Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Chahat17 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
I liked the movie b/c it was entertaining. Perhaps its the only better movie to come out this year after Jab We Met. Its a time pass fun movie w/  a non sense story πŸ˜†. Watch it at least once. 😊

Things i liked :
1)The intro scene was good with srk & farah fighting in the crowd
2)Omi and his issue regarding his surname " Makhi Ja " and his mom being over dramatic [ jr. artist] about it
3) The " dream girl" movie premiere w/ ajab si song, and the whole manoj kumar joke
4)Whole " Filmfare " scenario was hilarious following up with 31 stars...karishma, kajol, & priyanka were looking really nice but srk looked best with his best on-screen heroin kajol [ i wonder y kareena wasnt there] Also, I really liked srk speech at the filmfare , it was well written.
* the movie is really good, it does exactly whats its supose to and thats to entertain people. Another fun movie from farah-srk camp
*deepika was a delight to watch, she acted really well as shanti...and she did her best with a stupid character sandy too...i must say every1 did their parts really well...i cant say the movie belonged only to srk b/c it was a team work and team effort showed beside there is no I in team.

* The things i didnt like in the 2nd half:
1) srk doing lil bit over acting of being " a bad actor "...
2) all of the girls clothes around srk was so vulgar, all of them looked like big hoochies....farah could have done that more aesthetically & thats y sandy, dolly, malaika, and rest of the girls looked so bad
Edited by algebramulti - 16 years ago
rajanichoudhary thumbnail
I just loved OSO....it was fantastic...a complete package...drama..action..romance..comedy...everything...

All my friends liked it n even my hubby who usually doesnt like hindi movies..but he liked it too...

I would definitely want to watch it again...

Guyz..its worth watching...u'll not regret...total masala movie n a real good time pass..:))))
srk_kadz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
looks like people hav a mixed feeling abt OSO... some liked it, some didnt, some thinks dat the movie is over top some thinks dat its one of the bst entertainers... I havnt seen it yet... but I am sure I am goin 2 like it... coz I really want 2 like it... newayz I am pretty sure that the movie is gonna b a blockbuster and probably one of the biggest hits of this year...
loverocks! thumbnail
all my friends who watched the movie said it was great !! I badly want to see it ! U.K poeple your lucky that the premiere was there !! Thankx for all the reviews , now I know how the film really is ! I jsut have to watch it !!!!! 😊
MasterKatara18 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I just watched the movie...And i cant tell you guys how much I loved the movie!!!

SRK's acting is superb as always!!! πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ 😳
Deepika was very good in the first part as a actress in the 1970s! 😊 😳

Arjun's villaingiri was excellent! 😊

And the part of 1970s was excellent!!! the most funniest part ever was during this time!

Even Shreya's acting was good too!! πŸ˜ƒ
springs thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: algebramulti

I liked the movie b/c it was entertaining. Perhaps its the only better movie to come out this year after Jab We Met. Its a time pass fun movie w/  a non sense story πŸ˜†. Watch it at least once. 😊

Things i liked :
1)The intro scene was good with srk & farah fighting in the crowd
2)Omi and his issue regarding his surname " Makhi Ja " and his mom being over dramatic [ jr. artist] about it
3) The " dream girl" movie premiere w/ ajab si song, and the whole manoj kumar joke
4)Whole " Filmfare " scenario was hilarious following up with 31 stars...karishma, kajol, & priyanka were looking really nice but srk looked best with his best on-screen heroin kajol [ i wonder y kareena wasnt there] Also, I really liked srk speech at the filmfare , it was well written.
* the movie is really good, it does exactly whats its supose to and thats to entertain people. Another fun movie from farah-srk camp
*deepika was a delight to watch, she acted really well as shanti...and she did her best with a stupid character sandy too...i must say every1 did their parts really well...i cant say the movie belonged only to srk b/c it was a team work and team effort showed beside there is no I in team.

* The things i didnt like in the 2nd half:
1) srk doing lil bit over acting of being " a bad actor "...
2) all of the girls clothes around srk was so vulgar, all of them looked like big hoochies....farah could have done that more aesthetically & thats y sandy, dolly, malaika, and rest of the girls looked so bad

That's how girls dress in current movies - that's what Farah Khan tried to portray! I didn't really think it was vulgar...have you seen some of the recent movies - girls don't dress properly🀒

I don't think SRK overacted in the second half - In fact I thought he did the cool dude thing very well😊 That scene where he rescues a girl dressed as Mohabbat man and immediately breaks into a song had me in splits🀣 πŸ˜† - great sense of humor from Farh Khan πŸ‘ πŸ‘

One of my favorite scenes in the movie is when SRK goes into Deepika's makeup room, remembers the argument between Deepika-Arjun and sees himself listening to the conversation - the way SRK acted there was mindblowing! The emotions portrayed by him seemed so naturalπŸ‘ He is the King Khan for meπŸ˜ƒ

*payal* thumbnail
i have to say, despite its flaws, this film is one great entertainer! πŸ˜ƒ πŸ‘
deepika surprised me, shah rukh made me laugh....good script, one joy ride!
t3xl thumbnail
Before I went to watch Om Shanti Om I read reviews in mouthshut, most people did not appreciate the film. I thought I would go to the theatre with an open mind and form my own opinion. Here I am expressing my opinion.

The film was excellent. The character sketch, cast, creativity, atmosphere ect was fabulous. From the first scene to the last I was literally glued to my seat, it is a fairy tale like story, not something that you will expect to happen in real life, but it is a true entertainer.

The entire cast did justice to their role. SRK's acting was beyond my expectations, I personally do not appreciate SRK's acting, I think he overacts most the time. I must say this time he proved me wrong. He portrayed both characters (Om Prakash and Om Kapoor) really well. I felt Om Kapoor's character was inspired by Prem/Yudi's character in Kasauti Zindagi Ki. Normally in reel life when they show modern times, youngsters are usually rude, heartless, have no respect for elders or contrary a 20 year old, far too cultural, living the life of a 60 year old. However, Om Kapoors character was very well balanced and very authentic.

Shanti played by Deepika Pudukone, for a newcomer she did fabulous πŸ‘ . You can place her in the same rank as top bollywood actresses like Preity Zinta. She gave the best performance from dialogue delivery, facial expressions, posture, elegance, grace she had it all. πŸ‘ πŸ‘

I never thought that Arjun Rampal has such potential πŸ‘ . He played his character really well. I hope to see him work with other top directors.

The sets were so expensive, elegant and colourful. The special effects were beyond imagination. You can see Farah Khan spent a lot of money to make it realistic and graceful.

As people say nothing can be perfect πŸ˜‰ , here are some points that should have been addressed in the film.

β€’When he recalls his previous life, writers should have elaborated a bit more on that, it was awkward to see him return to his house from his previous life.
β€’Should have done research on the language used in the 70s, having studied history I do not think words like 'dashing' existed in the UK in 70s let alone India.
β€’Om Kapoor was phobic towards fire, in the last scene when the hall caught fire he didn't get a blackout ( πŸ˜† amazing πŸ˜† ).

Overall, the film was mindblowing that you can disregard these limitations. In my opinion, I would recommend this to everyone who wants to see a fairytale love story.

This is a message to Farah Khan if you read my review hats off to your creativity. πŸ‘

adios Rifa
springs thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: t3xl

Before I went to watch Om Shanti Om I read reviews in mouthshut, most people did not appreciate the film. I thought I would go to the theatre with an open mind and form my own opinion. Here I am expressing my opinion.

The film was excellent. The character sketch, cast, creativity, atmosphere ect was fabulous. From the first scene to the last I was literally glued to my seat, it is a fairy tale like story, not something that you will expect to happen in real life, but it is a true entertainer.

The entire cast did justice to their role. SRK's acting was beyond my expectations, I personally do not appreciate SRK's acting, I think he overacts most the time. I must say this time he proved me wrong. He portrayed both characters (Om Prakash and Om Kapoor) really well. I felt Om Kapoor's character was inspired by Prem/Yudi's character in Kasauti Zindagi Ki. Both Yudi and Om Kapoor are stylish in their own way - both are cool dudes that's why they may have felt similar, but character wise both are poles apart Normally in reel life when they show modern times, youngsters are usually rude, heartless, have no respect for elders or contrary a 20 year old, far too cultural, living the life of a 60 year old. However, Om Kapoors character was very well balanced and very authentic.

Shanti played by Deepika Pudukone, for a newcomer she did fabulous πŸ‘ . You can place her in the same rank as top bollywood actresses like Preity Zinta. She gave the best performance from dialogue delivery, facial expressions, posture, elegance, grace she had it all. πŸ‘ πŸ‘

I never thought that Arjun Rampal has such potential πŸ‘ . He played his character really well. I hope to see him work with other top directors.

The sets were so expensive, elegant and colourful. The special effects were beyond imagination. You can see Farah Khan spent a lot of money to make it realistic and graceful.

As people say nothing can be perfect πŸ˜‰ , here are some points that should have been addressed in the film.

β€’When he recalls his previous life, writers should have elaborated a bit more on that, it was awkward to see him return to his house from his previous life. Totally agree with you here - but I loved the scene in the makeup room where Om Kapoor sees himself eavesdropping on Deepika-Arjun. That was amazing - kudos to Farah and SRK πŸ‘
β€’Should have done research on the language used in the 70s, having studied history I do not think words like 'dashing' existed in the UK in 70s let alone India.
β€’Om Kapoor was phobic towards fire, in the last scene when the hall caught fire he didn't get a blackout ( πŸ˜† amazing πŸ˜† ). Haha! I thought the same thing when I saw this scene πŸ˜‰

Overall, the film was mindblowing that you can disregard these limitations. In my opinion, I would recommend this to everyone who wants to see a fairytale love story.

This is a message to Farah Khan if you read my review hats off to your creativity. πŸ‘

adios Rifa

Despite these flaws I liked the movie too πŸ‘ It was very entertaining πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸΌ

Edited by springs - 16 years ago
samir_soni thumbnail
If you want to see a cheesy movie, you should enjoy top quality cheese πŸ˜†

OSO is authentic Italian cheese.

The references OSO used were so good...specially the Rajnikant scene and Suraj Barjatia's dialogue scene. Also Farah's jacket scene was fun.

In first half, SRK and Kirron Kher was bound to overact. They were shown to be a obsessed filmy family. Arjun and Deepika were more settle. Arjun acted wow! I didn't expect him to be this good.

Deepika was fantastic as ShantiPriya. She looked so good with Sunil Dutt.

The interval scene when SRK and Deepika were in both sides of that little glass window and their faces come closer was so sad

SRK's cool dude act was kindda annoying to me. I liked his equation with his secretary. The Filmfare scene was amazingly done.

"SRK acts the same in all his movies">>> πŸ˜† whoever had this complain would have dream come true literally πŸ˜† I wish it had more of Abhishek and return of Khiladi πŸ˜† 😭 πŸ˜†

Shreyas looked hot with glasses 😳 πŸ˜• He is getting better with every movie. Sandi was OK, not good compared to Santi.

I don't know why they cut Deewangi in half...was that only my theater? The soundtrack was way longer....anyway.

I don't expect this movie to win major awards. It may not even get a nomination. But you can enjoy it over and over....just like Main Hoon Na.

Rating: 4.9/5 for extremely cheesy overacting.