SFF: ~*~The Race ~*~For Desi Chic

Catwoman thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 16 years ago

DC posted on my MOTW thread a challenge for me to write a short story titled 'the race' ... as my thread is closed so started a new on just to ensure that she happy!! ... and the fact i wrote this on the training back from London today....  šŸ˜³

For DC as requested .... i hope you like itšŸ˜³

~THE RACE~

The constant running to get from A to B was a battleā€¦as she ran down the escalators and swiped her travel pass and cursed the metal bar for not letting her through she ran toward the tunnel to get the tubeā€¦ Curse under her breath as she got thereā€¦but it was to late the Jubilee train was missed.. "Dame!" she cursed again as she panted and took in the recycle air pumping through the air the bright yellow lights and the large poster of being vigilant and alert stared  at her as placed her laptop bag on the floor next to her feet as she stood aloneā€¦. "Beep Beep!" Opening her handbag she took out her mobile phoneā€¦ "Di have u left ā€¦baba is going ape!" taking a deep sigh she dialled the number.  "Kaya I'm at the tube station ā€¦waiting for the tube!ā€¦Have they arrived?"  

"No Di and they late and Baba keep telling me to call ya!"
"Ok goodā€¦ phew! I will be there in an hour ā€¦tell baba im at the tube station and at Zone 2" turning off the phone she place the mobile phone in her Gucci handbagā€¦. Cursing under her breath as Simon prolonged the meeting to discuss his in happness with the months Sales figures of all the days of the week why did it have to be todayā€¦. And why did she have to see this dame Suitor today?

"We are sorry to announce but all trains on the Jubliee line have been stopped due to techinal failureā€¦ sorry for the incon ā€¦."  Cursing and swearing she was off up the escalatorā€¦ " All I need to do is get on the Hammersmith line to get homeā€¦now I'm going to have get the Bakerloo line to get to Baker Streetā€¦." She mumbled heading North down the corridor with the mob at Finchley Road many heading and to get the trainā€¦. "Dame" ā€¦ā€¦ "Looks like I'm going to be late today!"  she turned to see the tall man looking at the trainā€¦ shaking his head and looking at his watch.  He was dressed smarty and took out his phoneā€¦. For some reason they eyes met and they just looked at each other as the platform got busier with the people moving towards themā€¦ "Hello! Jiā€¦I'm going to be late"  she looked away feeling embarrassed at staring at the tall dark handsome man as he spoke down the phone even his husky voice gave her goosebumps.  Grabbing her bags she boarded the train holding her thingsā€¦ there was no room on the train as everyone packed themselves in like sardines in a can.. As the train jerked she lost her footing and felt his arm support her as he pulled her up smilingā€¦ Even the smell of his musky cologne engulfed her sense as he moved closer to her and picked up her laptop. "Thank You" she whispered ..felling her heart racing as she felt his body brush up against herā€¦. Looking forward she closed her eyes and collected herselfā€¦ Never had she felt like this for anyoneā€¦She had boyfriends in the past but had never felt this electrifying attraction for a man beforeā€¦No stop she thought as the train stopped at the Swiss cottage stationā€¦as the people entered and left the train she mentally noted that her stop was two stops awayā€¦ the humming of the train as it raced to the next stop.  Her phone beeped again loudlyā€¦ Knowing very will it was Kaya telling her to hurry up she came back down to earth knowing ā€¦this infatuation for a strange man in a designer suit looking will fine was going to be married and totally involved with someone as good looking as himselfā€¦ grinning and shaking her head she giggled and turned to look at him as he stared at herā€¦..Her Stop arrived and she was about to get off but stopped ā€¦ "What am I doing?ā€¦If I get off at Liverpool Street I can change trainsā€¦" Seeing an empty seat she took a seat and looked at him as he smiled looking at the empty seat beside herā€¦ 'What shall I say?'  as the thoughts ran in her head her mobile beepedā€¦ reaching into her purse she pulled out the phone and it was babaā€¦.a messageā€¦. "Beta they going to be here in an hour ā€¦. How long?" reply baba 30 mins maxā€¦  What an I doing she thought looking at the phone in her handā€¦ Today she was going to meet the man she was going to possible marryā€¦. Baba and everyone where happy when they approached him with the ristaā€¦ Now they wanted to see him and his parents want to see me!  She had seen so many suitors and now Baba was stressing as she was turning 26 years old and he was scared no one would approach himā€¦ and he had Kaya to get married offā€¦ Which was not a problemā€¦as she was hooked up with her university man Samarā€¦ In fact she was dieing to get married and so adamant that I get there on time so she could doll me up in the Indian clobber smiling holding the infamous tea trayā€¦ā€¦.Rolling her eyes she looked at the stranger man getting up to leaveā€¦ 'NO don't go!" her heart cried as she looked at him standing next to the doors ā€¦as he stepped offā€¦.. as she looked away taking a deep sigh she glanced back at him making sure she looked casually as he stared at herā€¦.

Exiting the station at Upton Park she was 10 minutes away walking and now feeling totally shattered she had 3 major reports to finished back in the office and had brought the laptop to work from homeā€¦ knowing fully that the suitor would not like her as she was as attractive and ā€¦. Feeling glumly she walked brisk fully up the road to get homeā€¦  

"DI Quick before there see you?"  Without saying a word she was grabbed and shot up the stairsā€¦.

"Ok you're clothes are on the bed and ā€¦I will be here in 30 Minutes to get youā€¦ his parents are her and he running late and will be here in an hourā€¦"  Gauri looked at her as she slammed the door leaving her to look at the pink sari on the bed and jewellery laid out matchingā€¦ā€¦  As she looked at the mirrorā€¦. Her mind raced as he enter her thoughts andā€¦the smell of his cologne linger in the room as she turned to look at her black coat remembering how close he stood next to her and smiled shaking her headā€¦'Hi the is the Adil Ray Show on the bbc asian network... heres a special request from a strange guys who text in saying I have fallen in love!..

Yeh Tera Mera Milna, Yuun Dilo Ka Khilna
Yeh Hai Khuda Ki Marzi, Yuhi Nahi Hain Yaar
Yeh Tera Paas Aana, Yuun Nazarein Milana
Yeh Hai Khuda Ki Marzi, Yuhi Nahi Hai Yaar
(tere Bin Tere Bin Dil Naiyo Lagta
O Tere Bin Tere Bin Dil Naiyo Lagta)

Aaaaahhhhh

Yeh Tera Mera Milna, Yuh Dilo Ka Khilna
Yeh Tera Paas Aana, Yuun Nazarien Milana
(tere Bin Tere Bin Tere Dil Naiyo Lagta
O Tere Bin Tere Bin Tere Dil Naiyo Lagta) Aaaaahhhhhh

Dhadkan Ki Madhoshiyaa
Badhati Hai Nazdikiyaan Ek Bahaane Se
Ek Tu Hai Bekhabar, Baaki Sab Ko Khabar Hai Jahano Mein
Sari Umeede Meri
Hongi Mukamal Tere, Ek Nibhane Se
Jodi Sab Ki Milasye, Rab Jodiyan Banaye Aasamanon Mein,
Aasamanon Mein.....
Yeh Tere Mera Milna, Yuun Dilo Ka Khilna
Yeh Hai Khuda Ki Marzi, Yuhi Nahin Hai Yaar
(tere Bin Tere Bin Tere Dil Naiyo Lagta
O Tere Bin Tere Bin Tere Dil Naiyo Lagta

" Girl a guy like that is with someoneā€¦married got kids that woman is lucky!" she picked up the kajol pencil and applied itā€¦..as the radio played in the background... 

Feeling very uncomfortable she sat in the living room as her parents explained what she did for a living and how proud of her she wasā€¦ as she looked up to see the boys mother smiling and looking at herā€¦ 'I hate theses things!  Why can't these things be easyā€¦' Hearing the commotion from out side the room they all turned there heads to see the door openā€¦.. IT WAS HIMā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦. My pulse raced as he came inside the room as our eyes meetā€¦.  "You!" he mumbled coming towards herā€¦ as he stepped closerā€¦he filled the room as everyone looked at him coming towards meā€¦ not caring as his husky voice boomed in my earsā€¦.this indeed is a dream and I'm a sleep I told myself getting up from the sofaā€¦..

"I was not going to come here tonight as I want to go back to the train station to look for youā€¦.as I felt as if someone ripped out my heart when I stepped of the tubeā€¦I got the next train ā€¦.but missed youā€¦ I cursed myself think I should have spoken to you but we were distracted by our phonesā€¦.."  

~The End~

GUY PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A VERY SHORT STORY.... AND WILL NOT BE CONTINUED!!...Now that MOTW is over...i can get the other updates this week at some pointšŸ˜³šŸ˜‰...but do comment on this little short tale.....

btw... DC i had another concept in mind... for the title.. where both were racing.... to get off the mandap.... shiv was marryin Ipshita and Gauri - Samar....  and they run away... as they were forced to get married to ppl they dont love.... except they meet at the bus station ...both have there family looking for them...but the race was to get away... and there love for each folds as during the journey...... (that was to long so i decided on this...if anyone wants to adapt please go aheadšŸ˜³)

Mwah Kat

Edited by Catwoman - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desi chic thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

šŸ¤—šŸ¤—šŸ¤— Billo you rock! I'm so touched tussi mere layi likhya in a separate thread... Thank you so much! It wasn't exactly a "challenge", but a greedy part of me... to read your workšŸ˜† And "The Race" well... actually, I've been thinking of writing something for a contest and the title kept ringing in my head... Just wanted to know what it would bring out of you. Anyways, I will read after I finish my essay. Thank you!!šŸ¤—

Cheers,

dc

Catwoman thumbnail

Originally posted by: desi chic

šŸ¤—šŸ¤—šŸ¤— Billo you rock! I'm so touched tussi mere layi likhya in a separate thread... Thank you so much! It wasn't exactly a "challenge", but a greedy part of me... to read your workšŸ˜† And "The Race" well... actually, I've been thinking of writing something for a contest and the title kept ringing in my head... Just wanted to know what it would bring out of you. Anyways, I will read after I finish my essay. Thank you!!šŸ¤—

Cheers,

dc

hmmmm u were lookin so inspiration... anything to helpšŸ˜‰...good luck in the comp... šŸ‘šŸ¼....hope u like it šŸ˜³.. i was on the train writting life support and wrote a few line....šŸ˜†

love KatšŸ˜³

lil_desi_goddes thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
oh dii.. kya baat hai..

simply fantastic..

please do continue!!
Catwoman thumbnail
Continue šŸ˜• .... honey thats it!! šŸ˜† šŸ˜†
prab_rockinn thumbnail
šŸ‘ Excellent!!!!!
But a very very short one i should say!!!!
The title had me wonderin wat would be in store but its really nice...

sweet_samira thumbnail
Really fantastic story Di!!!!

You can make any concept work for you

Samira
toli thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Kat u are a fantastic writer a short story with everything in it and the ending was superb šŸ˜Š
Catwoman thumbnail

Originally posted by: prab_rockinn

šŸ‘ Excellent!!!!!
But a very very short one i should say!!!!
The title had me wonderin wat would be in store but its really nice...

Prab...... i really wonder what u were thinkinšŸ˜†šŸ˜†

CheersšŸ˜³

Catwoman thumbnail

Originally posted by: sweet_samira

Really fantastic story Di!!!!

You can make any concept work for you

Samira

I know i think i have a screw loose....šŸ˜†šŸ˜†..... I think i need to seek professional help....šŸ˜­

Thank ušŸ˜³

Kat