punjini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Thanks. I remember the song now!
Antlers thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: *salil*

The other voice in this song is of Pt. Bhimsen Joshi. Manna Da had mentioned that he just ran away from the studio when he knew he was about to sing and compete  against Pt. Bhimsen Joshi!! He was somehow brought to the studio and Punditji asked him to settle down and encouraged to sing with him. The result, as you can hear, was stunning! Manna Da did his best and came out to be good as the master himself.

Thanks for pointing to Parthiv Gohil's song from SRGMP.

Here is Parthiv singing Jhanak Jhanak Tori Baje Payaliya (not in SRGMP though)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BG3IdagDJ2s

eh this is awesome. jhanak jhanak tori baje payaliya is one of the best classical song.
punjini thumbnail
Thanks to Salilji, I revived memories of this wonderful film - BAWARCHI. It conveyed such a powerful message in such a simple manner. Why dont they make movies like this any more?
*salil* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: punjini

Thanks to Salilji, I revived memories of this wonderful film - BAWARCHI. It conveyed such a powerful message in such a simple manner. Why dont they make movies like this any more?

I guess we don't have Hrishida or any one like him any more... Satyakaam, Anand, Ashirvaad, Guddi, Abhimaan, Mili...... (listing only serious movies of Hrishida) ...movies like these we will never get to see again...

Edited by *salil* - 16 years ago
kiti_g thumbnail
its quite true that with the exception of maybe, i stress here on maybe, aneek and amanat, the others might not be able to do justice to these songs ...
but then is it not a good criteria to sift the best from the rest ???
and we also get to listen to these forgotten classics ... ofcourse original ki to baat hi kuch aur hain ...
but i wud still say ... test these kids too even if the result is not too pleasing to our ears ...
and once again thanks to salilji for starting this and to everyone who has contributed with the links 👏
*salil* thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vsakhi

aha.. ati sundar 👏 let me see if i can find a video on youtube..

this i think would've been perfect for amanat.. even raja would suit this nicely..

Sakhi -- there is another comedy song....chunari sambhal gori udi chali jaye re... from film Baharon ke Sapne....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NFGnPxcEeMw

and then there is this duet with Asha...

jodi humari jamegi kaise jaani... hum to hai angrezee... tum ladki hindustani from film Aulad..

punjini thumbnail
It would be best if Manna Dey himself came to judge this show and if the contestants sang these songs.
trishancku thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Meena1

Chitragupt , Khayyam, Naushad

I  havent heard of any of theseee...

You should have watched the initial rounds of SRGMP carefully where
Mr Khayyam was one of the Mahagurus, which reminds me of one more walkout by ID regarding Khayyam saab's decision.😆😆

Ok jokes apart here are more Manna da's fantastic songs, some of these are duets which can be performed if they decide to do a duet round.

Tu pyaar ka sagar hai

Dil ka haal sune dilwaala

Yeh raat bheegi bheegi

Pyaar hua ikrar hua hai

Tere naina talaash kare

Bhay bhanjana vandana sun hamari

Aaja sanam madhur chaandni mein hum

Gori teri painjaniyan

Mausam beeta jaaye

Oh mama oh mama

Manna da has also sung for many regional films(excluding Bengali which is his mother tongue) including some memorable songs for kannada films, one such beautiful song is Kuhu kuhu ennutha haaduva, but i am unable to locate any listings for this song on the internet.

lifeztuf thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Trishanku, in addition to ur list, these r a few of Manna Dey duets which would be great to hear:

Dil ki Girah Khol do(Raat aur Din)
Masti bhara hai shama(Parwarish)
Jahan mai jati hoon wohin chale aate ho(chori Chori)
Kanha Bole Na(Sangat) Edited by lifeztuf - 16 years ago
*salil* thumbnail

Originally posted by: trishanku3

Ok jokes apart here are more Manna da's fantastic songs, some of these are duets which can be performed if they decide to do a duet round.

Tu pyaar ka sagar hai

Dil ka haal sune dilwaala

In my original post I listed only classical based songs of Manna Dey since I wanted to hear those kinds of Manna Dey songs from Aneek/Amanat. He  ofcourse, has sung great variety of other songs -- romatic duets, comedy, sad songs etc -- that I like also and the songs you  listed are great. I would love to hear these songs too... I listed few comedy songs in my other posts. Some his sad/sombre mood songs that I like are:

- hasne ki chah ne kitana mujhe rulaya hai (Avishkar)

- phir kahin koi phool khila, chahat na kaho usako (Anubhav)

- zindagi, kaisi hai paheli haye (Anand)

- kasme waade pyar wafaa sab (Kasme Waade)

- Tu pyar ka saagar hai (Seema)

Edited by *salil* - 16 years ago