Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sasiddiqui thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Originally posted by: raksha.l

Ooops, wrong answer..India is SECULAR...

Well... Im sorry I must have struck a pressure point... Pakistan isn't a theocracy...Its not trying to be... Not all Muslims are extremists...

There is a limit to stereotyping...

sasiddiqui thumbnail

Originally posted by: SolidSnake

Oh no not this again, you know what this is exacly the problem in Muslim World. You guys have some imaginary thinking that everyone wants to finish the so-called Muslim power.

I am all for Indo-Pak friendship but not at any cost, definitely not at the cost of innocent lives.

I have to say that I agree with you and Im Muslim.... Not everyone wants to destroy Muslim power... Mr. Bin Laden or whoever detonated these bombs in New York, is ruining the name and very reputation of Islam... Every Muslim needs to stand up and say this... Our problem is that for some reason we are afraid to stand up for ourselves..

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
**** Viewbie's Note:****

^^Right! Lets not drag religion into this topic. Topic was moved from different section hoping for a debate on the policy's hotel adapt. We cannot be considerate to each other OR you feel discussing religion is imp here (not allowed per COC) OR cannot avoid instigating comments. Let us (DM-Dev) know, would be in best interest to close this topic. Thanks!!
Edited by raj5000 - 16 years ago
sasiddiqui thumbnail

Originally posted by: #1EijazFan

Thanks raksha(di) for pointing that out😊Just recently I read a Muslim guy saying he was one of the most proudest Indians ever and u go saying there are all Hindus in India? No1 can beat my India with multi-cultural citizens😉From Christian churches to Jains, to Bhuddists, to Hindus to Muslims and many more😉and yes, maybe ur pakistan is fully Muslim, but I can proudly say, my India ain't liek that😊

U say there is a limit to stero-typing? Well u try explaing all the blasts in Mumbai which just 'happen' to be by Muslims, explanation? I think not. Oh wait, maybe you will say they are extremists, ofcourse they are! But if those idiots wouldn't have commited such a crime, we wouldn't be doubting them nor would there be hotel policies like that. I am happy to see India taking such a precaution👏not because all muslims are bad, but say if one was a terrorist, then what? What should they say? Oh, we didn't want to be mean and stereo-type so thats why we let them in and let our hotel be bombed and let so many innocent lives be taken? ermm yeah right! If they hadn't done such dirty acts in the 1st place, they would be treated just like an ordinary guy is in India. I mean ofcourse not every other Pakistani is a terrorist, but you try and give an explanation for 9/11, bombs in india and many more such incidents. Co-incidence, i think not!

there is a limit to stereo-typing, but where a live of an innocent citizen is concerned, no can do. whether that citizen is a Hindu, christian, muslim or if any other religion, their life cannot be put at risk cos of extremists. Who knows, your next door neighbour could be 1 but have the most innocent face ever, how can we say? This topic just goes back to all the other stereotyping and terror topics we have had😕

I really am sorry, you must have misunderstood what I meant by saying that India is Hindu. I was talking by way of major religions... I apologize.  But, once again mera Pakistan is not all Muslim. There are Pakistani Hindus who are very proud citizens.  Its just wrong to ban all Pakistanis because a certain few did something wrong.  How would it feel to have someone in say Islamabad or Karachi ban all Indians from their hotels?  I would never stick up for idiots like Osama and Saddam and all those other terrorists, what they did can never be justified no matter what way they tried.  Its just not fair that Pakistanis are banned from all the hotels because a certain few people decided to be idiots. Why doesn't India just fix its homeland security issue without banning people from hotels just because of Nationality? Pakistan should do the same.

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sasiddiqui

I really am sorry, you must have misunderstood what I meant by saying that India is Hindu. I was talking by way of major religions... I apologize.  But, once again mera Pakistan is not all Muslim. There are Pakistani Hindus who are very proud citizens.  Its just wrong to ban all Pakistanis because a certain few did something wrong.  How would it feel to have someone in say Islamabad or Karachi ban all Indians from their hotels?  I would never stick up for idiots like Osama and Saddam and all those other terrorists, what they did can never be justified no matter what way they tried.  Its just not fair that Pakistanis are banned from all the hotels because a certain few people decided to be idiots. Why doesn't India just fix its homeland security issue without banning people from hotels just because of Nationality? Pakistan should do the same.

I think these type of incidents are very rare.....if you check pak embasy in india you can find 1000's of pakistani nationls visiting n living in india, if someone have valid documents...why that person not complint againt that hotels? or he can inform to authorised person or govt officials about this matter..........

Indians believe 'Adidi devo bava'....😊 soooo feel free enjoy the beauty of Nation....😊

koenigbobo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
i will just say one thing !! its all dirty politics !! last attack on india was in hyderabad !! and mostly muslims died in that attack !! nobody can say that pakistan supported the terrorists as pakistan is fighting against terrorists !! and terrorists even attack ed islamabad the capital of pakistan several times !! and pakistan lost many soldiers in war against terrorism !!

the point is the terrorism in hiding inside india !!! and its none other thn the members of indian national partiies !!! for example
SHIV SHENA !!

here is a article about it !!

Thackeray is very vocal in his opposition to people who migrate to Mumbai, to non-Hindus (especially Muslims), and to Pakistanis. In the late 1970s, as part of his "Maharashtra is for Maharashtrians" campaign, Thackeray threatened migrants from South India with harm unless they left Mumbai.

In 2002, Thackeray issued a call to form Hindu suicide squads to counter alleged Muslim terrorism:

If such suicide squads are formed only then can we take on perpetrators of mindless violence.[8]

In reaction to Thackeray's call to form Hindu suicide squads against Muslims, Maharashtra government registered a case against him for inciting enmity between different groups. [9]

Asia Times further reported on Thackeray's rhetoric:

Thackeray called on Hindus to form suicide squads "to take the Muslims head on". "Trouble-making Muslims should be wiped out from the country ... kick out the four crore [40 million] Bangladeshi Muslims and then the country will be secure," the Shiv Sena leader said. Urging Hindus to start calling India "Hindu rashtra" (Hindu nation), he maintained that only "our religion [Hinduism] is to be honored here" and then "we will look after other religions..

this guy is tha main villain and he is the biggest offender of pak bharat friendshippp!! here is another article on him

Views on Muslims

Thackeray's views on Muslims have typically been highly vacillatory, sometimes attacking them and sometimes sympathizing with them. His party stands accused of being anti-Muslim, though Shiv Sainiks generally deny this accusation. [6] When explaining his views on Hindutva, he has conflated Islam with terrorism and has called for Hindus to "fight terrorism and fight Islam".[14]

In the 1980's he had stated that:

"They [Muslims] were spreading like a cancer and should be operated on like a cancer. The...country should be saved from the Muslims and the police should support them [Hindu Maha Sangh] in their struggle just like the police in Punjab were sympathetic to the Khalistanis." [15]

this guy was even against south indians !! later pakistani thn bangalis and now muslims !!!
and this time blast happend in hydrabad !!

37% muslims rehte hen wahan !!! and blast me mostly muslims died !!! and yai huwa bhi us wakt when pak and india are goin day by day towards friendshipp! and this guy dont want to see peace!!!

kisi dosre per ilzam lagana is easy !! jab police se kuch solve nhe hota bol deti he pakistan did it !! pakistan has better things to do !!! they are trying to save their own country from durty talibans !!
koenigbobo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
links to those arti...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bal_Thackeray

this guy is a terrorist !! their is no different between him and usama bin laden !!! both got same dirty nature !!

and now about that hotel thingy !!

well this was just disgusting !! indian gov should take some action against it !! it was a racist act from hotels in mumbai !! pakistan never did such a thing with indians !! indian should respect it !!! werna sab kuch kerke they blame pak for everything !! ager koi respect de tu respect kerna seekhna chahiye !!!

Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Well... Im sorry I must have struck a pressure point... Pakistan isn't a theocracy...Its not trying to be... Not all Muslims are extremists...

There is a limit to stereotyping...

I don't really care what Pakistan is..All I wanted to say is that India is by all means SECULAR and it has more number of muslims than any other asian country, other than Indonesia...

You have a problem with India's profiling system???Well, then that's the way it is..What can you do about it???Can you do anything about the US's profiling system and doing extra checking depending on the last name???What about people not getting even the entry to USA depending on the last name???Why are we discussing India??Is it just because people think, Indians are broad minded and are willing to be trampled all over by all the passers by???

You want India to take care of its homeland Security???I would say that is what they are doing by being extra careful...Want to know the death toll in the recent Hyderabad blasts and who the culprits were???Can you guarantee that the next guy who was trying to get the accomodation, inspite of being endorsed to having all the right documents and everything, doesn't possess explosives and all???What do we do if that is the case??

We got to take care of the country first and then the guests..At this point, we can't undermine the country's safety no matter what...

Its easy to suggest things to others and get all hurt but its moe hurting when you allow someone in, thinking that he was your friend and then he back stabs you...

This friendship stuff is great, but at this point of time, its a good idea to meet in some nuetral place...Because I am going to be extra skeptical about allowing a Pakistani into my home in India...But I am just fine and all cool about the same in here..In fact just the other day I invited this close friend and colleague of mine who is originally from Karachi and we have had some South Indian food and she got me home made kulfis and all...She also got me a Salwar Kameez stiched from Pakistan as a return gift to a Kashmiri shawl that I got for her from my recent trip to India...

Lets live and let live...You want to debate on why India isn't doing a certain thing???Well, what if I want to debate on what Pakistan is not doing??What if I start talking about the number of temples that were demolished, the number of Hindus that have been killed and the way Hindus are treated???If you are not an Indian and if you are not willing to look into your own country before you start pointing your fingers at us then you are not welcome to say what India should be doing..PERIOD...

Forget it, because I come from a country where the people are so caring and considerate that there are equal number of people who hate that this thing is happening to the Pakistanis...Just this thread is an evidence to it...There are so many who said its not fair...That;s the country that I come from and am I proud of it or what... 👏 ...Look at you, you did not even focus on those people who actually said its 'unfair'..You only saw those people who said its 'fair' and started criticizing....You want to talk sarcastic??Then I must say, that's good going...👏

Raksha
Aanandaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: scorpion134

One question to those who are saying it was fair: If ALL the hotels did the "FAIR" thing then where would a Pakistani stay? On roads? Asking for documents and passport is a valid thing to do then to just refuse after knowing the nationality of the person. Keeping in mind the terror among people when they hear one is Pakistani, people should watch out for themselves but turning down an inocent being because of someone else's doing isn't fair, to me it doesn't sound fair at all. Keep aside the nationality, lets say it was some Europian, and same thing was done would you still say the same? That its fair to turn down a foreigner after just knowing the nationality? Well, everyone has different measures for "FAIRNESS" one can't say much...but I thought fairness also meant everyone being equal and having equal opportunities

Ok, how come you came running to this post, when you chose to ignore the global post on the recent 'Hyderabad blasts' and also another post on the DM where we were discussing what should be done to avoid any such blasts in future....Hmmm, this is certainly an example of 'Fairness'...or is the word 'Hypocrisy'???...

Moderator's Note:
This post is a direct attack on a fellow member. You cannot make such accusation on any member. Its almost name calling. Please see that this is not repeated again in future.

Edited by Thakur Saab - 16 years ago
Aanandaa thumbnail

I have to say that I agree with you and Im Muslim.... Not everyone wants to destroy Muslim power... Mr. Bin Laden or whoever detonated these bombs in New York, is ruining the name and very reputation of Islam... Every Muslim needs to stand up and say this... Our problem is that for some reason we are afraid to stand up for ourselves..

Woohoo, please take a bow... 👏 👏 👏 Edited by raksha.l - 16 years ago