Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Marthika thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago
Travel with Jennifer Winset

Jennifer Winset (Sneha from Kasautii Zindagi Kay) shares her favourite traveling experience in South East Asia, while on a shoot schedule!

Favourite Destination...
I like Malaysia and Singapore which I visited last year during the shooting of Kasautii Zindagi Kay. I like the shopping malls over there- they're very big and clean and I did a lot of shopping! In Malaysia I found shoes for very cheap so I brought different styles. I also bought a whole lot of western outfits, purses and hand bags. The total amount I spent on my shopping spree was Rs.40,000!

When I had the time over there I visited the amusement park which is very big.

I craved Indian food in Malaysia
In Malaysia, I was really craving Indian food. Whenever I went out shopping I had to eat burgers which I have come to hate because on the tour it was all I was eating. On the sets however we used to have rice with chicken curry.

I lost my passport just before leaving!
I lost my passport on the last day of our shoot. I remember everyone was ready and even I was packing my baggage. I was about to leave and suddenly I realized my passport was no where to be seen. I started crying and the whole crew was searching for it. After a while of searching and no luck we made up our mind to go the embassy for the help. One of the crew member said she would search for the last time and she went upstairs to my room. I was sitting in the lobby when she came and told me she had found it in the corner. This was my worst memory ever.

Mixing work and pleasure
Even though I was not on holiday, because I went there to shoot I had a lot of good memories from the trip. And yes, I also shopped a lot!

Tips for the tourist
    Please take care of your valuables especially your pass-port If you aren't familiar with the place you should always travel with people you know
  • January is the best season to go to Malaysia or Singapore
Marthika thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago

JENIFER VINGET (18)
Something about my background...
"This is my first television venture. I have done a film, Kuch Na Kaho where I played Abhishek Bachchan's sister. I have modeled for Johnson & Johnson and Reynolds.

Something about my role... "I am playing Simran, Kumud's best pal. I have grown up with Kumud in Ludhiana, where she was born. Kumud's mom, Kkusum, agrees to send us together to Mumbai- because Kumud has secured a scholarship, which she wants to pursue. I am shown to be crazy about boys. And I am crazy about Shah Rukh Khan and keep bragging that I know him and his family very well."

Other assignments that I have on my platter... "I am also a part of Balaji's other show Kkoi Dil Mein Hai, where I play Purva Gokhale's younger sister. After seeing me in that serial, Ekta thought that I could carry off Simran's role."

How does she shuttle between the two serials... "Had both the shows not been Balaji's, it would have been difficult. But now, my shots are so adjusted that they don't coincide."

Wasn't the serial getting boring... "It had become monotonous. The viewers were getting tired looking at the same faces again and again. I wouldn't say that the serial should have wound up, not because I am into it now, but there's no harm in trying to revive a good brand. Some zest and vigour has been added to the serial so that the story moves on."

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
I never plan things,' Jennifer

14 Aug 2007, 0000 hrs IST,Chitra Unnithan,TNN

Jennifer who started her career with Bollywood is doing great in television these days.
She acted with Aishwarya and Abhishek Bachchan in Kuchh Naa Kaho when she was 14. Jennifer Winget, who has a couple of movies and a few popular television serials to her credit, feels great to have worked with Bollywood's 'it' couple. "I was only a young, starry-eyed kid then. It was fun working with them. And it feels nice to see them together."

Jennifer started off in films as a child star. "I worked as a child star in Raja Ko Rani Se Pyaar Ho Gaya . I enjoyed working so much that I decided to make it a profession," says this young actress whose dream role would have to be a combination of Black and Mili .

Jennifer is not averse to doing item numbers, provided they are, "Sober. I've not really thought about doing films at this point. But if some significant role comes my way, I may consider taking it up."

Right now, this young lady is happy being a part of the television industry. She says, "I am happy doing television shows. I am grateful to Ekta Kapoor for giving me the launchpad that has fetch me so much recognition ( Kartika and then Kasauti Zindagi Kay )."

Acting, Jennifer insists has made her a better person. "I was very naive when I entered the industry. I took people at their face value. Today, I am more confident and can distinguish between genuine and fake people ," says this half Punjabi, half Catholic lass.
Jennifer claims to be quite close to her family. "I've been brought up like that. I don't do anything without discussing it with my parents. It's good to have communication on a daily basis with one's folks," she says. The pretty girl who shot to fame with her character Sneha in Kasauti Zindagi Kay has fans wondering whether she's single.
"Yes," she laughs and adds, "But I am not looking forward to any relationship in the near future. I would want my guy to have all those qualities any ordinary girl looks for." So, what are her long term plans? "I have never really planned anything. I live for the day. But I would want to be successful in everything I do," she says. 
niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
MADHURA' S REVENGE !
[10 Oct 2008]

SARA KHAN HAS HAD TOO MANY AFFAIRS WITHIN THE INDUSTRY

After reading Sara Khan and Ali Merchant's interview in the last month's issue, an extremely incensed Madhura Naik sent me frantic messages telling me that whatever Sara has been talking about her in the article has been a big fat lie. In her first interview with Showtime (July '08), Madhura revealed to the world, how Ali had threatened her of throwing her out of the television industry. All this while, Madhura spoke only about Ali and his threats, and never revealed much about the doe-eyed Sara. But now she won't keep shut as she reveals Indian television's most loved bahu – Bidaai's Sara Khan's antics.   

Madhura talks about her initial reaction to Sara's comments about her. "I got to know about the article from Kinshuk (Mahajan), when we were just generally talking. Sara had gone around showing everybody the Showtime article on the sets once it came out, to publicise herself, which she always does. When I read the interview, I got so angry, because she has taken names of actors like Jay Bhanushali, Krystle D'souza and Jatin Shah.

With Krystle, I have shared a very healthy professional relationship during Kahe Na Kahe. We never fought on the sets. If you go and ask Krystle about me, she will not talk negatively. Jay was always a very good friend of mine and I have known him since two-three years. Even with Jatin, I don't have any hang-ups.

I don't think any of these people will tell you that I have a bad reputation because there is nothing like that. It's just made up by Ali and Sara. Now Ali is not saying anything, so I am not going to say anything about him. But Sara, who was silent earlier, has blasted out suddenly and now is saying all the wrong things possible, only to prove me wrong."

In the interview, Sara had bitterly revealed that Madhura had gone with her different boyfriends to places like Bangkok, Dubai and had done many 'things' there. Madhura, on her part, is appalled by the statements made about her and wants to clear the air. "I had gone to Bangkok for four days as I had a shoot there. It is also true that I had gone to Dubai, as I had to shoot for FTV.

My dad is living there and so I also went to visit him. We have our own house where I was staying and I was not living with some 'guy' like all the bullshit that she has claimed. Sara is just jealous that she is not travelling all across India for work and so that's the reason she is saying that I go out with a lot of guys."

From what Madhura reveals, it's the other way round. "Everyone knows how Sara is and how many guys she has been with. When it comes to different guys, it is a known fact that Sara has had too many affairs within the industry and even outside it. I don't want to name the people because there are some respected actors involved and I don't want them to feel insulted. All this while, I have kept shut."

In her earlier interview with me, Madhura had exposed how Sara was dating a certain Chirag Khandelwal, which she had blatantly denied when asked. But Madhura insists they were in a relationship. "Sara is from Bhopal; she doesn't know anybody in Mumbai. Chirag and Sara didn't have any common friends. They just randomly met up at a restaurant when she was drunk and that's how their affair started.

I know what their story was. Everybody on the …Bidaai set also knows how many guys she has gone around with. Just imagine, she comes from Bhopal and she doesn't know anyone over here. And suddenly she starts having boyfriends. Obviously, she doesn't know anyone here, so how is she approaching guys and making friends? And she is putting all the blame on me, as she doesn't want her image to get tarnished."  

Clearly unhappy about Sara's comments, Madhura is in no mood to relent and rakes up more dirt on the former. "Sara has a drinking habit and when she gets drunk, she goes around talking crap. That's what happened at her 'after party birthday bash.' She got drunk amidst everybody and in front of my best friend she was using abusive language. She was howling at the top of her voice, 'Tell Madhura Naik that Sara Khan said she is a bitch.'

But this is about my reputation and I will not let her hamper it, come what may."
Madhura also counter-attacks Sara's statements about her not having any class and dignity when she spoke to the press about the threatening calls she got from Ali. "She said that I don't have any class and respect.

What I did was not a publicity stunt. I was suggested by a friend that when people malign your image, you should not keep quite. I am not the kind of person who will listen to people talk bad about me and keep quiet. I am going to stand up for myself."

When Madhura first spoke to the media about Ali threatening her, Ali shot back saying that it was all a drama as if it was really an issue, she should have approached the police and not the press. Madhura argues, "I didn't call the press and tell them I was getting threatening calls. They came to know and so when they approached me, I gave them my quotes as I didn't want to hide this issue.

It's a very embarrassing thing for budding actors and actresses to cause fights amongst each other in the industry. We should be good friends and lead respectful lives. But this girl spoke about my class and my reputation and I will not let her go scot-free."

The leggy model claims that it was she who used to help and support Sara and not the other way round, like Ali has been claiming. "Sara didn't have a car, so I used to drop her all the way to her house late in the night. There were times when we used to be shooting late and so she used to have sleepovers at my place.

She has met my mother; I have cooked and called pizzas for her at my place. I have supported her so much. Even when she was buying a car, she asked me if I would be her guarantor to pay off the loan. And I told her I was fine with it," she says.

Sara raised questions on Madhura's dignity and this has infuriated her the most. "About class, she should know what her class is. When a girl is supporting her so much with her car, house, sleeping, food, she should stay in her limits. She should not turn around and talk about the same girl who supported her. Whatever she is doing will only harm her.

I don't care if she is a superstar or whatever she thinks she is. Bidaai is the No 1 show today, but the show has made her; she hasn't made the show. The success has gone to her head and so she should just snap back to reality. She has come from a small town and she should just learn how to stay in a big city instead of poking around in anybody else's life and try to create misunderstandings."

Hitherto, the Sangam actress had denied that she was dating anyone. But now, after her entire public image coming under scrutiny, and to obviously clear the mess surrounding her name, Madhura has decided to come out in the open about her relationship with businessman-beau Karan Kochar, which she earlier didn't want to talk about.

"I have been dating Karan for more than a year and I don't have any other guy in my life. I have never gone around with any other guy and I don't even meet any other guy for that matter. This is the real thing. Whatever Sara has been going around saying is bullshit and a complete lie."

Apparently, Sara's accusations that Karan called her up to abuse her is just one part of the story. "Karan did call her up but that is because Sara called me before that and abused me. When he called, she denied that she had ever abused me and just hung up."

In her interview, Sara also alleged that it was Madhura who was always after Ali. Madhura refutes that, "But I was never behind Ali. Our common friends' circle and everybody else knows the truth. Sara should go and ask the same people whose names she has mentioned in the article.

She has got the whole thing wrong. Maybe she just wants to protect Ali's image. I am not the kind of girl who will date anyone from the industry, least of all Ali! I will never date an actor as I have my own reasons for it."

According to Madhura, Ali Merchant, known for his Casanova image, was her once-upon-a-time close friend and he even wanted something much more than friendship. "Sara herself told me once that Ali had true feelings for me. She knew it because Ali had told her everything about me. Why the hell would I run behind some guy, especially Ali Merchant? Even if he was the last man on Earth, I wouldn't go for him. Not even in my wildest dreams."

When asked what about Sara's claims that she knows a lot of her secrets, Madhura retorts, "What secrets is Sara talking about? I don't have secrets to keep. And even if I have to share them, I'll tell them to people who are my friends for five-six years and not to someone whom I randomly met on the sets and with whom I have shared a make-up room.

Sara used to come and cry to me and try to gain sympathy from me and I used to sympathise with her. I used to feel sorry for her as she was away from her family and living alone in Mumbai. That's the only relationship I shared with Sara."

Madhura had spoken earlier about Sara's 'bitchy and troublesome' attitude at work since she has been her co-star in …Bidaai. "Forget me; there was another actress in …Bidaai called Shambhavi. Sara had such disgusting fights with her.

In fact Shambhavi left the show and gave her resignation because of this troublemaker. Sara has not left any actor or actress to create misunderstandings with. She has a history of getting into fights and bitching about people. She is the biggest chugalkhor."

She speaks more about the …Bidaai star. "Sara was always behind Ali even before they started dating. She was all over him at some party, smooching in public. I think that shows her class and what kind of an open girl she is. A respectful girl would never do all these things in public."

Scorned by the people she once knew as friends, Madhura has decided to speak against Sara as she wants to protect her reputation and she believes only a girl with self-respect will speak up like she has. "I am talking to you today because I wanted to clear the whole 'me going to different places with different guys' thing. If I keep quiet today, it's going to hurt me. I have to stand up for my own self."

But she does say that this is the last time she's speaking about Sara. "Sara is an insecure woman; she should get over her fears. One day she will fall and regret whatever she has done. She is stupid, silly and I don't think she has done a very intelligent thing by going to the press and badmouthing me. Let the readers know what kind of people Ali and Sara are."

And if you think there are even the slightest chances of any reconciliation between Madhura and Sara, you are obviously wrong. "I keep my attitude the way it is because I don't care what she or anyone says as I know I am clean.  Even if Ali and Sara beg to me for the rest of their lives, I will not give them a second glance," she signs off. Well, we think the war has intensified now – let's wait and watch how it ends up.

http://www.magnamags.com/magnamags/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3121&Itemid=224