Nikkhil Arya quits Kasturi

anishma24 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
You were pretty excited when you joined Kasturi , so why this decision to quit it?

l I am still excited while giving each shot, as I have been given complete freedom to develop the character as I please, which is rare. That's what makes working with Ekta Kapoor's prodution house a treat.

Trouble is that the story is not what had been narrated to me initially, which I guess often happens in dailies, due to which my dates are not being adequately and consistently used.

What does Ekta Kapoor have to say about your decision?

She's cool about it, I guess. I haven't really faced any trouble getting a positive reply to my resignation. Also, I tried to get in touch with her regarding this, but it seems like she is busy. However, Nivedita Basu, on her behalf seemed to synpathise with me.

She said she realises how frustrated I might be feeling. Besides, I had informed Nivedita of my intentions a very long time back,way before I formally put in my papers on July 23, in which I clearly stated that it was a pleasure working with them and that I would render my services till whenever needed as per my contract so as not to jeopardise smooth proceedings. I'll be shooting for Kasturi till August 23.

Aren't you worried that you'll be in Ekta's bad books?

Look, I'm sure Ekta isn't one of the country's most powerful media personalities for nothing. I'm sure she can identify professionalism, talent and honesty. And besides, before this decision we have been on excellent terms with each other, so I hope things are seen in the right perspective.

Also this channel has a deal with Ekta where actors quitting her serials do not get any other shows?

Now, wait a minute! How can you suppress the fragrance of an open perfume bottle... you shut the doors the fragrance will ooze out... that's what an actor is like or any artist for that matter. There will always be some platform available for me to act.

And why would anybody ban me in the first place? For being absolutely professional, for being good looking or for being a good actor?

(laughs). On a more serious note, I have stood up to the occassion whenever any channel or producer has demanded it even if it meant staying in the vanity van for a couple of days for Kesar when there were telecast issues.

So when there is hardcore meaningful work people do realise who to count on and who not to.

So, what are your future plans?

Sure, I am looking at some exciting scripts. I am heading for Goa after my Kasturi commitments to shoot for a swimwear brand for a friend where I can unveil my six-pack that I have been desperately wanting to do (laughs).

Also on the cards is helping my fiancee Neha with her new trouseau sleepwear line which she plans to launch here and abroad.

When is the wedding?

Neha and I are getting married on December 5.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Bombay_Times/Nikkhil_Arya _quits_Kasturi/articleshow/2255368.cms
< name="fr1947" src="http://ads.indiatimes.com/ads.dll/getad?slotid=1947" marginwidth="10" marginheight="0" ="0" ="0" title="Advertisement" allowtransparency="true" align="right" border="0" height="250" scrolling="no" width="250"> &lt;a href="http://ads.indiatimes.com/ads.dll/clickthro ugh?slotid=1947" target="_blank"&gt;&lt;img src="h ttp://ads.indiatimes.com/ads.dll/photoserv?slotid=1947" bor der="0" width="250" height="250" alt="Advertisement" /&g</>

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Nikhil Arya essayed the character of Nikhil extremely well.

Lets see who steps in his shoes

I wish him all the best for his future.

Thanks Anishma dear for the article 😊

Shruti
sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
it doesnt make a difference 2 me
thx anishma cool work! 😊
pragalbha thumbnail
Thank you for the article!!

I guess I am not too surprised. There really was not much scope for him in this serial (same is the case with many other characters ). I hope he gets something exciting in the future!!!!
premukti_5rb1 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks Anishma!!! I wonder who is goin2 step in his shoes.
TrustYourSelf thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
oh that's sad! he was really portraying Nikhil's role good!
I wish him all the best 😛

Tfs anishma
-JC- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
thanx for the article. I wonder if he'll be replaced or Nikhil's character will be killed...ya phir exited from the story in a smooth way. But i knew this was coming as Nikhil's character doesn't really have much to do now.
knumnum thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
AAaahhh so sad for Nikhil but its true tat he doesnt have anything to do on Kasturi except for getting called as puchkieee...

If Nikhil is leaving the show then y dont they just remove this character... One villain less will atleast benefit RK 😆

Krishi
explosivebinth thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
ohh myy , bt he did a really good job ,,, let us see whoz now in .''
bikerider thumbnail

Originally posted by: knumnum

AAaahhh so sad for Nikhil but its true tat he doesnt have anything to do on Kasturi except for getting called as puchkieee...

If Nikhil is leaving the show then y dont they just remove this character... One villain less will atleast benefit RK 😆

Krishi

oh krishi could not stop laughting after reading your comment 😃 .
hey they will replace him by somebody else,
because else who will help devika and finally come out about devika being bad 😕

hope this will not trigger a string of replacements, as others are not doing much

yes we hate that character means the actor is doing a good job. so all the best to him.