Thanks Kal El for so much info
zamina02 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
So much great info Kal EL. Thanks
islandboy401 thumbnail
Thanks for all the info akhl....

However, I was confused about one particular story that I've heard....

From a few sources, I heard that one of Vishnu's incarnations killed Madhu and Kaitab....

However, from other sources, I've heard that while killing them, Vishnu was in his real form.

Which version is accurate? Just wanted to know...Thanks...
akhl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
The commonly accepted meaning of incarnation is that God descends on Earth. According to this meaning, Vishnu himself and not his incarnation killed Madhu and Kaitabh.

But, even in spiritual world, Vishnu takes many forms. There are some people who consider any form of Vishnu as an incarnation. They say that an incarnation of Vishnu killed Madhu and Kaitabh.
islandboy401 thumbnail
[Quote] The commonly accepted meaning of incarnation is that God descends on Earth. [/Quote]

Yes, I agree that this definition is commonly accepted. Actually, it is true, except for one particular incarnation: the Varah, or Boar, Incarnation.

As far as I know, he didn't really "descend" on earth........He just touched it from the outside.......He didn't physically enter it........It was just an object that he touched.......However, Varah is still considered to be an incarnation.....

Interesting way of looking at it...I think... 😊
great_man5 thumbnail
Kal el, ur post has been really informative atleast for me, thx,
akhl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
islandboy401,
There are some people who consider any story of Vishnu as related to an incarnation of Vishnu. Even if Vishnu appears in front of some devotee because that devotee was doing penace, then they say that an incarnation of Vishnu appeared. To give an example, Vishnu appeared before Dhruv. That incarnation is called Dhruv Priya.
umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hi Akhl,
Could you also write the story of the the birth of Sita? When you do, could you write all the different theories or ideas people have presented.

Thanks.
umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I think we will witness her birth in very near episodes.
NYC_gurl_17 thumbnail
hmmmmm.... i've never thoughta bout that. good point. sry but i have no idea ❓