Why was Sita born from Earth

akhl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

King Janak was ploughing a field in his kingdom. He found a pitcher inside which there was a girl baby. Janak adopted her and named her Sita. But how did the child get there?

There are many versions of Ramayan and therefore many explanations for how Sita was born from Earth. One story is that Sita was Ravan's child. She was supposed to be the cause of Ravan's death. This is why Mandodari tried to get rid of her. (Some stories say that Ravan himself tried to get rid of her).

In the Ravan serial, it is being shown that Sita was Ravan's child.

However, let me know what Puranas (a class of scriptures of Hinduism say). According to Puranas, Ravan collected tax from everyone, including sages. The sages were very poor and were not able to pay tax. Ravan's men tortured them. The sages decided to teach Ravan a lesson. Each of those sages took out some blood for him body. They collected all the blood in a pitcher and buried the pitcher inside ground. The sages were spiritually very advanced. From their combined spiritual strength, the blood became Sita.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

islandboy401 thumbnail
im sorry...

but i do not agree with the whole "blood becoming Sita thing"....

Sita was an avatar of Laxmi Devi (Vishnu's wife)....in order for an avatar of Laxmi to come on earth, Laxmi has to make the decision...

A bunch of sages cannot "make her" be born on this earth...if this was a normal woman...the story would've been commendable...

but...i highly doubt that's true....

akhl thumbnail
Yes, it is true that Sita was Laxmi's incarnation. But if Goddess Laxmi wants to manifest from blood, then she can do that - it is her wish. She satisfied the wishes of the sages not because she was forced to but because it was her choice. To give an example, sometimes parents do what children what - not because they have to but because they love their children.
Likewise, if Laxmi wanted to fulfill the wishes of the sages, then why could she not have done it?
shona. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
thx 4 the info yh and i agree that she cud have done that for the sages if she wanted to 😊
akhl thumbnail
There are many stories in scriptures where somebody is given a curse and is told that God would incarnate and get him rid of the curse. God did incarnate. It does not mean that God was forced to do so.
shinningstar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
i think the story tht sita was ravan's daughter makes sense .
umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Sita is Laxmi's avatar but I don't if Sita is Raavan's child or not.
akhl thumbnail
There are many versions of Ramayan out of which three are most common - Valmiki Ramayan(Sanskrit), Tulsidas Ramacharitmanas(Awadhi),Kamb Ramayanam(Tamil). In none of these, Sita is mentioned as Ravan's child.
Moreover, Puranas are also known as scriptures of Hinduism. They also do not call Sita as Ravan's child.

But there are some versions of Ramayan who say that Sita was Ravan's child.
pona thumbnail
well i have never heard that sita ji was ravan's child.... i am sorry but this is truly fake story that people are making up. the only thing which is true is that sita ji was lakshmi ji's avatar and when vishnu ji had taken birth on earth then she also had to take birth as they were husband and wife...
Mommytobe thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
HMM... interesting reading all these stories.. i am not sure what to believe. but sita being ravan's daughter.. could be true.. then it was creepy of ravan (of course he did not know sita was his daughter) to hit on sita.
anyways. lets see how this story unfolds on ravan 😛
thanks guys for all the info.
i like ravan soap.. i hate saas bahu brigade 😆