salonishah thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Darshan Jariwala plays Gandhi in GANDHI MY FATHER

www.glamsham.com

View Gandhi My Father Movie StillsDilip Prabhawalkar, who played Mahatma Gandhi in LAGE RAHO MUNNABHAI took a 180 degree turn in his very next release SHIVA where he played a corrupt Minister. Now Darshan Jariwala is doing it the other way round as after playing a villain in his just released AAP KAA SURROOR - THE MOVIEE, he would be seen as Mahatma Gandhi in upcoming GANDHI MY FATHER.

Seen first in PAAGALPAN [2001], Darshan has been around for some time with GURU and HONEYMOON TRAVELS PVT. LTD. being his two releases of 2007 before AKS. A versatile character actor, his most notable performance so far has been in TATHASTU where he played a surgeon. His act was unfortunately unnoticed as the film sunk without a trace.

Now as per industry insiders Darshan has come up with a performance of the lifetime in GANDHI MY FATHER which would make everyone wake up to his immense talent. The film has him pitted against Akshaye Khanna who plays his reel life son Harilal and the scenes the two share are touted as the highlights of the film.

Directed by Feroz Abbas Khan, GANDHI MY FATHER is produced by Anil Kapoor and is being schedule for an August release.

Discuss this article on glamsham forums       < =text/>var addthis_pub = 'bhaushah'; < src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/widget.php?v=10" =text/>