Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

greatmaratha thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Originally posted by: Gauri_3

wow, sounds awesome.  will surely check her out.....then, may be, I can also laugh at sales and discounts instead of getting sucked by them๐Ÿ˜†

Thanks for sharing, Priya๐Ÿ˜Š

Hey Gauri, U should.  Becky, the central character of the story has long correspondence with her banker, regarding her overdraft facilities and the ingenious excuses she comes up with to get an increase in her limit, her going ga ga over an Angel handbag, and her shopping spree on her 11 month honeymoon are something else.

The questionnaire is too long to fill out, so taking a short cut here.  I read all kinds of books...  fiction, non fiction, philosophical, mythological, anything except science and economics, that is.

Some books worth reading -
The power of now - Eckhart Tolle
People Watching - Desmond Morris - very very interesting.
I am Right, You are wrong ๐Ÿ˜† by Edward De Bono
Dont sweat the small stuff - Richard Carlson (3 books)
Conversations with God - neale Donald Walsch.
The world is flat
Nemesis by Peter Evans (story of Aristotle and Jackie Kennedy)

Originally posted by: greatmaratha

Hey Gauri, U should.  Becky, the central character of the story has long correspondence with her banker, regarding her overdraft facilities and the ingenious excuses she comes up with to get an increase in her limit, her going ga ga over an Angel handbag, and her shopping spree on her 11 month honeymoon are something else

The questionnaire is too long to fill out, so taking a short cut here.  I read all kinds of books...  fiction, non fiction, philosophical, mythological, anything except science and economics, that is.

The world is flat

wow, thanks Priya.  I have printed this list out...will keep handy when I go shopping for books next.  I am planning to start on my bedtime readings again.  Dropped it for about a month but now missing the books too much๐Ÿ˜Š

Your ID totally baffled me at first๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† 

mermaid_QT thumbnail

I read all kinds of books...  fiction, non fiction, philosophical, mythological, anything except science and economics, that is.

The world is flat

Priya, I have read none of these.  I used to be a voracious reader before whatever shit happened .. and especially after IF happened, I don't even read medical exam reports :(..  You inspired me to read.  In few months, I would have read these instead of 25000 posts I hope.
Wassupppp  @ Greatmaratha?  nice but interesting ID.. ๐Ÿ˜Š..
Edited by mermaid_QT - 16 years ago
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Hey Priya The "GreatMaratha" I love this id ๐Ÿ˜› . Welcome to DM wi new and improved id ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by Dabulls23 - 16 years ago
greatmaratha thumbnail

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

Priya, I have read none of these.  I used to be a voracious reader before whatever shit happened .. and especially after IF happened, I don't even read medical exam reports :(..  You inspired me to read.  In few months, I would have read these instead of 25000 posts I hope.
Wassupppp  @ Greatmaratha?  nice but interesting ID.. ๐Ÿ˜Š..

Hey MQT, I quite relate to what u say.   IF changed my reading habits... and that affected me quite a bit...  and possibly the reason behind greatmaratha as well๐Ÿ˜›

Demons and Angels and Dan Brown raised a whole lot of questions in mind and thats got me now starting the "Holy Blood, Holy Grail".  Its interesting.

greatmaratha thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dabulls23

Hey Priya The "GreatMaratha" I love this id ๐Ÿ˜› . Welcome to DM wi new and improved id ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜†

Thanks DB ๐Ÿ˜ณ  for the welcome and compliment ๐Ÿ˜ณ 

Originally posted by: tisha_g

Shouldn't you introduce yourself in the welcome thread.Reminds me of the days when I first met greatmaratha๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks for the references. I am off for my vacation where this tip will come handy

enjoy your vacation Tisha...and we'll all be good and do exactly what you told us to do....."give Raj a hard time" ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

ooooopsss.....forgot the "don't" up there๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Hey Gauri, U should.  Becky, the central character of the story has long correspondence with her banker, regarding her overdraft facilities and the ingenious excuses she comes up with to get an increase in her limit, her going ga ga over an Angel handbag, and her shopping spree on her 11 month honeymoon are something else.

The world is flat

GM ji(greatmaratha ji๐Ÿ˜›)
It seems you are voracious reader!!!

Thanks for sharing

Wishes,

Mythili

greatmaratha thumbnail

Originally posted by: tisha_g

Shouldn't you introduce yourself in the welcome thread.Reminds me of the days when I first met greatmaratha๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks for the references. I am off for my vacation where this tip will come handy

greatmaratha was indeed a terror๐Ÿ˜†   I am sure I am going to like the transition into the devilish one ๐Ÿ˜†

Vacation ๐Ÿ˜ฒ  Some of those books are way too serious for a holiday!! except for the last one... its a racy book and great gossip material ๐Ÿ˜†  Royal Blood is also good...

mermaid_QT thumbnail

Hey MQT, I quite relate to what u say.   IF changed my reading habits... and that affected me quite a bit...  and possibly the reason behind greatmaratha as well๐Ÿ˜›

Demons and Angels and Dan Brown raised a whole lot of questions in mind and thats got me now starting the "Holy Blood, Holy Grail".  Its interesting.

Demons & Angels, I read as well ๐Ÿ˜ƒ and in fact, I liked it more than Da Vinci code.