ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

"I thought Ram Gopal Varma was a good friend; in return I only got humiliation." - Manoj Bajpai

By I FM News Bureau, June 7, 2007 - 03:19 IST

You last saw him in 1971 and now he is all set to rock in Ganesh Acharya's Swami. Playing the title role in Swami, Manoj was available on IndiaFM's live celebrity chat where he answered all your questions. Here are excerpts from the chat.

Dhool ka Shool : hi manu
Manoj Bajpai : hi

lucky : wassup Manoj...hws wrk goin?
Manoj Bajpai : im doing great. my film is releasing on the 8th. plz watch it with ur family

Dhool ka Shool : on friday, ramsay's ghutan is releasing. ur wife was in ramsays aatma. is she going for the premiere?
Manoj Bajpai : my wife is coming with me for the premiere of swami
Manoj Bajpai : bcoz im her swami

Pathar: Which film do you prefer Shool or Pinjar?
Manoj Bajpai : I prefer both. b'cos they were my choices n both r great films

lucky : tell us abt swami.
Manoj Bajpai : swami is about an innocent who is madly in love with his wife and spends his entire life fulfilling the wishes of his wife

Dhool ka Shool : r u related to Manoj tiwari?
Manoj Bajpai : all Manoj's in this world r not related as all Bajpai's r not related. I m related to Swami only.

Dhool ka Shool : r u related to Manoj tiwari? Manoj Bajpai : all Manoj's in this world r not related as all Bajpai's r not related. I m related to Swami only.
hashim : hi Manoj... hw r u as husband?
Manoj Bajpai : i try to be good everyday, sometimes i fail sometimes i succeed, but im not as good as swami as a husband

eeee (R style) : will u agree when i say that it was the scene where u slapped rajpal yadav in shool which kick started his career?
Manoj Bajpai : yes, u r right, i take great pride in saying that i have introduced a fantastic actor of rajpal's caliber

eeee (R style) : will u agree when i say that it was the scene where u slapped rajpal yadav in shool which kick started his career? Manoj Bajpai : yes, u r right, i take great pride in saying that i have introduced a fantastic actor of rajpal's calibre
Sai : I was just looking at your interview at another site and you said that the contribution of Satya to your career isn't much. I was surprised because I thought that movie provided you your biggest break and is one of my favorite movies. And your performance in that movie is your best among the films that I've seen.
Manoj Bajpai : i got my first and major break in bandit queen by shekhar kapoor. after having seen my work in bandit queen, rgv has given me satya.

bolly_lover : are you doing any JAAGO type film??
Manoj Bajpai : i have done a film called jaago by mehul kumar

Hamza : y don u wrk with RGV u make good movies togather
Manoj Bajpai : never with rgv. we dont get along with each other since the beginning

RGV and I didn't get along with each other since the beginning
hashim : whts u r upcoming movies?
Manoj Bajpai : swami is releasing on the 8th, then there is whisperers and dus kahaniyan by sanjay gupta

Dhool ka Shool : are u in rakeysh mehra's dilli 6
Manoj Bajpai : i hope i am in the film. rakyesh is a friend and we had a great time working on aks

muli : r u doin a film with ur wife neha?
Manoj Bajpai : i hope somebody gives a good script for both of us to feature

muli : y dont u do bhiku mhatre kind of stuff now?
Manoj Bajpai : i have done it once and it seems everybody hv been doing gangster roles n i hv moved on

Hamza : when r u coming to duabi
Manoj Bajpai : i hv never been to dubai, if an invitaion comes, i'll definitely visit

hashim : r u doning any film with mr.amitabh bachhan
Manoj Bajpai : i have had great time shooting for his films, not so great time interacting with the person. i wish him all the best

Y2K : r u sure u r Manoj Bajpai ?
Manoj Bajpai : yes, i am Manoj bajpai, i wish i cld show u my face rt now

Dhool ka Shool : tell us about ur film hanan. what happened to that?
Manoj Bajpai : some goof up happened on production level and film got released on dvd. u can always order a dvd of hanan. its a classic

muli : u r very talented Manoj...we luv to see u more often
Manoj Bajpai : plz tell the directors to give me all the roles

Dhool ka Shool : what wud u call Manoj bajpai if he was prime-minister of india? - Manoj Vajpayee
Manoj Bajpai : hey there, dont change even a digit of my name, i love the way it is

Tams : Is there any war between u and Shahrukh during Veer-Zaara?
Manoj Bajpai : srk is a very good friend of mine, y r creating such a rumor

muli : is it true that u and RGV hate each other?
Manoj Bajpai : not true

eeee (R style) : u have worked with so many newcomer directors like chandraprakash dwivedi, rakeysh mehra, ganesh acharya. who is the best from these
Manoj Bajpai : all of the directors have special qualities n thas what makes them different from each other

muli : is any hollywood stuff comin up?
Manoj Bajpai : my english film, the whisperers is realeasing in some time. plz watch it

haseeb : __Who is your fav actor ?????
Manoj Bajpai : naseeruddin shah, daneil de lewis, amitabh bachchan

hashim : u r very taleted Manoj....y don talented people get wrk they deserve
Manoj Bajpai : dear friend, i hv been getting my due all the time, industry respects me n u love me, that's enough

I have been getting my due all the time, industry respects me n u love me, that's enough
Sai : You've earlier claimed that RGV is like a brother or father or Guru. How come you now say that you never got along with him?
Manoj Bajpai : i have never said that, these r not my words. my father is still alive, my brothers r doing great for themselves n i thght he was a good friend, in return i only got humiliation

I thought Ram Gopal Varma was a good friend; in return I only got humiliation
shu : who do u think is the best actress
Manoj Bajpai : tabu and konkana sen sharma

muli : r u religious in real life?
Manoj Bajpai : i dont talk about religion. Its a personal thing

muli : hw was it wrkin with juhi?
Manoj Bajpai : great, she is a fabulous actress n great human being

Hiral: Is your Swami based on Malgudi Days or similar to that? Promos look like it atleast
Manoj Bajpai : not at all. but innocence is the core of swami and malgudi days

Dhool ka Shool : is ur wife acting in any more films. i think she is promising in kareeb and fiza but hogi pyar ki jeet ws a wrng movie
Manoj Bajpai : thank u very much. she is waiting for a good role to happen

m : hello, Manoj bajpai, i am from belfast, though we dont have hindi movie releases over here yet, wen ever i do happen to c ne of ur films do enjoy ur acting
Manoj Bajpai : thank u very much, plz watch my recent film swami

muli : r u hapy with da way ur career has shapd up?
Manoj Bajpai : im very happy that i got to work in some great films. even the future generation will take great pride in these films

muli : which movie of urs is the most favrite?
Manoj Bajpai : at this pt of time, swami

eeee (R style) : y did u do a film like jaago... i slept thruout the film. dont get angry...u shud be grateful that i even went for that film
Manoj Bajpai : yes, i love the fact that u went for the film. everybody makes mistakes

eeee (R style) : y did u do a film like jaago... i slept thruout the film. dont get angry...u shud be grateful that i even went for that film Manoj Bajpai : yes, i love the fact that u went for the film. everybody makes mistakes
eeee (R style) : the director of whisperers also made my bollywood bride rt? is he a pathetic director and writer. what makes u think whisperers will be any different
Manoj Bajpai : with his first film things went completely out of his hand. When u see whisperers, u'll see what a great director he is

Dhool ka Shool : how was it being directed by yash chopra... i thought u had two excellent entries in veer zaara... sadly you did do anything substantial after that rocking performance
Manoj Bajpai : i respect mr.yash chopra a lot, bcoz of that respect I did the film. watch swami u'll forget everything

I respect Mr. Yash Chopra a lot and because of that respect I did Veer Zaara.
Tams : U won national Award So Wat do u think about it because nowadays those who deserve dont get it and those who r not must get it...example SAIF DOESNT DESERVE FOR HUMTUM INSTEAD OF SRK IN SWADES????UR COMMENT PLZZZZ...............
Manoj Bajpai : i got 2 national awards, satya n pinjar. zubeida and shool won it as best films. my experience with national awards r fanstastic, i think that is the only true award in this country

I got two National awards for Satya and Pinjar. My experience with national awards are fantastic, I think that is the only true award in this country.
Tams : Do u like Brokeback Mountain???If yes Whom do u think for the bollywood version??
Manoj Bajpai : Manoj bajpai and saif ali khan for indian brokeback mountain

Tams : Do u like Brokeback Mountain???If yes Whom do u think for the bollywood version?? Manoj Bajpai : Manoj bajpai and saif ali khan for indian brokeback mountain
ankit : who according 2 u is the most talented actor
Manoj Bajpai : madhuri dixit....all the way

fidashah : Dear Manoj Ji,must come Matiari,a classic town of Sindh,Pakistan,we love ur acting
Manoj Bajpai : i love u all

muli : y did u do smthing like fareb?
Manoj Bajpai : fareb was a good script which went wrong

eeee (R style) : tell us the status of panchchi
Manoj Bajpai : paanchi is shelved

fidashah : wud u love to act with Amit ji?
Manoj Bajpai : i have done it once and i wld love to do it thousand times. we have mutual admiration club, i love him

Chintan : who's the best khan in bollywood ???
Manoj Bajpai : feroz khan

Chintan : who's the best khan in bollywood ??? Manoj Bajpai : feroz khan
Dhool ka Shool : have u thought of going back to theatre?
Manoj Bajpai : i love theatre. Contemplating to get back to it

Dhool ka Shool : have u thought of going back to theatre? Manoj Bajpai : i love theatre. Contemplating to get back to it
fidashah : who is ur fav director?
Manoj Bajpai : shekhar kapoor

muli : is swami a delayed film?
Manoj Bajpai : swami is releasing on the 8th of june, day after tomorrow.....entire world knows it, how come u missed the promos?

Maddy : Hello Manooj, Is swami something like baghban in Ganesh way?
Manoj Bajpai : swami is a beautiful story of husband and wife. its nowhere similar to any indian film

eeee (R style) : tell us about ur role in dus kahaniyaan?
Manoj Bajpai : i cant tell u much about dus kahaniyan. it is a beautiful story

aamir : Manoj how do you rate SRK as an actor
Manoj Bajpai : i dont rate other actors. thas ur job to do

aamir : Manoj how do you rate SRK as an actor Manoj Bajpai : I don't rate other actors. That's your job to do
fidashah : plz do one film with Rekha ji,she will create sensation with u also..wil u?
Manoj Bajpai : im ready to do it anytime, though i hv already worked with her in zubeidaa

Ali_Austria : what do u think about your Character as RAZA in Veer Zaara??
Manoj Bajpai : it was a brief and good role. i did the film for yash chopra

fidashah : would u like to do some efforts to keep peace between pakistan and india?
Manoj Bajpai : i love all the people in pakistan. hope they love me too. lets love each other n peace will be maintained

I love all the people in Pakistan. Hope they love me too. Let's love each other and peace will be maintained.
Dhool ka Shool : y does anurag kashyap keep on putting yash chopra and big films down claiming that their films do not cater to him?
Manoj Bajpai : y dont u ask anurag kashyap. lets talk bout swami

Rom : What do you think of Mithunda as an actor?
Manoj Bajpai : he is a fab actor

bilal_007 : U WERE TOO GOOD IN ROAD....y dont u du smtng lk it?
Manoj Bajpai : i have done it once n u liked it. thank u

Rom : is it true that Mithunda was the original choice for the Swami?
Manoj Bajpai : i heard the same. i dont have any confirmation about it. watch the film

fidashah : do films with Mira Nair,shyam Bengal,and also Farah Khan
Manoj Bajpai : y dont u ask them to give me the role

niki : Hi, What would you suggest a political leader to make Bihar a great place. I am from Patna and feel bad but still love it and visit it often.
Manoj Bajpai : i wld suggest them to love the state first. then only they can do something about it

Tams : WHO IS UR FAVOURITE .....SHAHRUKH,HRITHIK,SALMAN,AKSHAY,SAIF???
fidashah : which kind of school of cinema would u prefer?

Chintan : du u think formal training is necesary for acting?
Manoj Bajpai : training is very essential for acting

fidashah : r u inspired by some old actors?
Manoj Bajpai : motilal, dilip kumar

Rom : Have you seen any satyajit rays film?
Manoj Bajpai : i have seen almost all of satyajit rays film

Rom : Manoj, there is filmmaker in UK i know who liked to cast you in his Bengali film. How do we get in touch with you?
Manoj Bajpai : plz call me, i'll be there

Rom : Are you interested acting in Bengali film?
Manoj Bajpai : if the script is good, i will definitely do it

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
RGV has this problem of being a 'temporary friends'. The next day he will be your 'temporary enemy'
eexxoottiicc thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: lucky_lakshmi

RGV has this problem of being a 'temporary friends'. The next day he will be your 'temporary enemy'

Well said👏👏

I didn't find Jagoo boring, I thought it was a very unique movie.😛