Posted: 16 years ago

Originally posted by: fizzwizz

wowwwwwww gr8 job will post the cap on weekend

will gtake captiond from dvd & will post some 😊

sure u can do the cap anytime u want πŸ˜‰
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
Real play

SRK's Chak De India tells the story of former hockey coach Mir Ranjan Negi. Negi plays a role in the film too

Posted On Thursday, June 07, 2007
Sandipan Dalal

Shah Rukh Khan in Chak de

Yash Raj Production's Shah Rukh Khan-starrer Chak De India retells the story of former Indian hockey goalkeeper and coach of the national women's team Mir Ranjan Negi. The plot traces the journey of a troubled player who was charged with match-fixing after India lost out to Pakistan in the 1982 Asian Games at New Delhi. Later, he went on to coach the national women's team that won gold in the 2002 Manchester Commonwealth Games. Shah Rukh may be playing a grizzly bearded Negi in the film, but even Negi has a pivotal role in the film.

Producer Aditya Chopra primarily wanted Negi to on the sets to assist Shah Rukh and also to ensure that the scenes in the hockey field looked authentic. However, in no time he was handed out a role. He had also accompanied the cast and the crew to Australia where a major portion of the film was shot. A reliable source tells us, "Before we started shooting, Negi sir had spent quite a few days with Shah Rukh. He shared all his experiences and gave major inputs as far as the game is concerned. Negi sir was later given a role in the film. He shot to perfection and film looks good."

The source further adds, "For Negi sir ,it was like re-living the past. There have been times when he had broken down. He had tremendous courage as he proved everyone wrong when the women's team bagged gold in the field hockey category."

Going by the tradition, the production house has given a gag order to Negi along with the cast and crew members. However, the story-line and exclusive stills in possession of this paper clearly indicate that it is based on Negi's life and times. The on-line synopsis of Chak De India as available is: The film follows a coach, who is fighting his personal demons as he takes a motley group of girls to the pinnacle of world hockey.

Negi, however, refused to comment.

β€’ For Negi sir, it was like re-living the past. There have been times when he had broken down – A Source

WHO IS MIR RANJAN NEGI ?

Mumbai-based former hockey goalkeeper and coach Mir Ranjan Negi was probed for alleged match-fixing after India's humiliating 1-7 loss to Pakistan in the 1982 Asian Games hockey final. In 1998, Negi's honour was redeemed when he was named India's goalkeepers' coach for Bangkok from where India returned with an Asian Games gold medal after 32 years. In 1999, the Indian Hockey Federation (IHF) invited Negi to take charge of the 11 goalkeepers selected for the 2000 Olympics. Later, he coached the national women's team that also won gold at the 2002 Manchester Commonwealth Games.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&se ctid=30&contentid=20070607032740468b7ee2d45
srklicious thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: SujalkiDeewani

count me in!! πŸ˜ƒ

welcome to shahrukh fanclub and hope u will anjoy πŸ˜‰
srklicious thumbnail

Edited by love srk - 16 years ago
*jaanu* thumbnail

wooow all three of them r looking great but shahrukh and amir moreπŸ˜›πŸ˜‰

*jaanu* thumbnail
thanks for posting great pictures  all of them are awsome πŸ‘ Edited by *jaanu* - 16 years ago
srklicious thumbnail
Shah Rukh Khan to try his hand at painting
Bollywood film star Shah Rukh Khan and India's greatest contemporary artist M F Husain will together create a painting in a 'live' effort. The painting will then be auctioned by Bonhams of London on the spot.

Shah Rukh Khan will soon be headed to London to contribute his artistic skill to a painting to be created jointly with the greatest contemporary artist of India M F Husain! This event will take place on June 7, 2007.

The Bollywood star will join wife Gauri – who is a well-known art collector – and children Aryaan and Suhana in London.

The joint painting with Husain will be a 'live' effort and will be auctioned by Bonhams of London on the spot. DNA reports that many other joint artist-celebrity paintings will also go under the hammer at this auction.

Anjana Kuthiala, the artist who has painted many portraits of SRK, says that collaborative art pieces have become a big trend today. Her own painting called 'SRK and the flowering tree' has contributions from celebrities including Sonu Nigam and SRK's mother-in-law Savita Chibber.

This painting will be auctioned in New York later this year to coincide with the India economic summit in which speakers like V S Naipaul, Vijay Mallya, Ram Jethmalani and Praful Patel will participate.

[news.sawf.org]

srklicious thumbnail

Shah Rukh Khan

It was a reunion of sorts. Shah Rukh Khan and Juhi Chawla shared the stage together at the Star Gold Comedy Honours 2007 event, held on Sunday, April 29, in Mumbai.

SRK was there to present an award to Juhi for her special recognition in comic excellence. He spoke to Nayan Rao about his views on parallel cinema, and his take on comedy films. 

This is the first time that such an event based on comedy is taking place and you're attending it. What's your take on it?

According to me, those who can't do comedy simply cannot act or perform. My own favourite comedians are Peter Sellers, Johnny Lever and Govinda, who are well-versed with its nuances.

Among the actresses, Juhi Chawla and Sridevi have perfect comic timing. We should understand that comedy is one of the most important aspects of acting.

When will viewers get to see Juhi and you together in films again?

Right now, I have not signed any film with her but would love to work with her again. She is my favourite actress. We are doing a guest appearance in a film called Bhootnath. 

You have this image of loverboy attached to you. Have you ever wished that sometime, you were also dubbed a good comedian?

I have a sense of humour. Normally, when you do a romantic film or a love story like Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, it has its own dose of comedy. I don't know much about this image of mine. Our films are mostly like a variety show. You have to have a bit of comedy, bit of romance, bit of action... So I think I had my fill of it though I don't think I am fantastic at comedy. I am alright.

The film industry always prefers following a trend. Currently, the trend is comedy. How long will it last?

I think comedy will never lose its place. From films like Jane Bhi Do Yaaron to Padosan to films like Bhoot Bangla, comedies have always been there. I have heard Bheja Fry is doing very well as well as Khosla Ka Ghosla.

You have always worked with big banners. When will we get to see you doing parallel or art cinema, which you dabbled in the initial phase of your career?

I don't work with big banners; I only work with directors and if they happen to be associated with big banners, I can't help it. The films offered to me should make me interested, so it's not about doing parallel films.

I am not going to do films just because it's an art film. If I feel like I will do it. For example, Chak De India is a serious subject like SwadesHe became a big name after Lagaan but Ashu is an old friend of mine and we have been discussing films together. So for me, it is not important that I only do big producers' films or parallel films. If I like the story, I will do it.  

You are here to present an award to Juhi Chawla, how do you feel being on the other side of the fence?

I am very, very honoured. I think I became an actor looking at actors like Juhi and Aamir Khan, when I came to Bombay and they all are wonderful actors.

A few days' ago, a Delhi High Court ordered a probe in response to a PIL filed on celebrities winning huge sum of money at Kaun Banega Crorepati. What's your take on it?

Everybody has a right to question. There is a PIL and I am sure Star TV will have their own audits and methodology. This happens every time KBC comes on air. I don't think it's true at all. I don't exactly know what the PIL is but Star TV will make sure that they give their audit reports. Everybody has a right to present their case and somebody has done it. It's alright.

http://www.shahrukhkhan.org/index.php?option=com_content& ;task=view&id=580&Itemid=43