Article - Sony ready to axe itself?

Posted: 16 years ago
😉

I DONT THINK ANYONE LIKES TO FLIP THE CHANNEL TO SONY TV ANYMORE! THE CHANNEL HAS LOST IT'S REPUTATION WITH STUPID SHOWS LIKE ELAS!

DO U THINK SONY NEEDS TO RAISE IT'S REPUTATION OR AXE ITSELF IN 4 WEEKS OR... IS IT JUST MEEEEE???!!! 😆 

Here's their latest serial which might fall into the axing trend! Better idea is to create a label for Sony that their shows must not be longer than 4 months! 😉

Virrudh Trouble!!
[15 May 2007]

Smriti Irani, who plays the main lead in the serial Virrudh and also produces it, has been put on notice to raise the TRPs of her show within four weeks time. Currently, the show has the TRP of 1.22, which is very poor by all standards. Tragedy of situation is that despite of being a good story and presentation, it has not found favour with the television viewing public who continue to patronize the saas bahu shows.

As a source reveals, ' They have been asked to keep a strict quality check and to better their standards of production. Even Sony knows that the show has very good potential. As every channel wants their shows to deliver good TRPs, Sony wants them to produce good results as early as possible. They have been given one month to deliver better TRPs.'

It may be recalled that Anuj Saxena's Kulvaddhu and Renuka Shahane's Jeete Hain Jiske Liye were recently removed by Sony due to poor TRP ratings and now perhaps the day of reckoning has arrived for Smriti's production too.

Edited by Hilarious - 16 years ago
OMG! What has happened to Sony TV?
I think it is so true......Sony has lost all its reputation, Jeete he and Viruddh are one of the best shows on tv and still it doesn't have good trp 😕
Sony needs a Extreme Makeover 😆 Edited by piya_y116 - 16 years ago
Whatttttttttttttt????????? This is just the pits!!! 😡 Sony is darned lucky to have a classy show like Viruddh in its stable. How DARE they even think of axing it???

And if I'm not wrong.....Kaajal has lower TRPs than Viruddh. SO shouldn't it go first??
yeah, i think sandip sikand..head of sony has lost his mind.... he doesnt know how to promote the channel and the serial. I like both these serials but donno how it gets low trps.......there is problem with channel for sure.
stupid sony, it needs ekta kapoor, or shows that are good to watch to bring itself up or people wont watch anything here every again
oh god..there goes virrrudh...sony tv is making too many mistakes. the shows that have a unique concept and is different are bein taken out. ELAS is the most DUMBEST, CRAPPPIEST AND RUBBBISH serial eveer! lol . it has fullly lost its meaning and i dont know what their producers r thinking.
How can Sony possibly get viewership if A) They dont promote thier shows and B) Some shows have terrible storyline.

Virrudh won't go...and who is going to watch thier shows over Star and Zee?
i wonder if new show will come 🤓   ðŸ˜† but it will probably get over early too! 😆
Probably, the best thing to do would be for SONY to go through its marketing skill and its reach to the audience!!! If good serials like, Kulvadhu, Virrudh, JHJL etc are gettign axed that only implies the probem is not with these serials but the channel!!

I am sure the serials would have worked on Zee and STAR Plus and would have been huge success!!!!

Cant Smriti take her serial to other channel?