kanchi thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Biography

Name: Samir Soni
Birth date September 29,1968
Mini Biography Delhi boy Samir Soni, a St Xavier's School alumnus and a graduate student from University of California, Los Angeles made his mark as the cunning but slick Ashok Gupta in Doordarshan's A Mouthful of Sky in 1996, followed by forgettable cameos in films like Raj Kumar Santoshi's China Gate. Having learnt theatre under Barry John, Soni has done numerous  Bollywood movies including Basti, Lajja, Kaha Ho Tum, Baghban and a cross over movie like Dance Like a Man. He  married  Rajlakshmi whom he met during the Cadbury ad but the couple divorced. Then later Soni was engaged to model Nafisa Joseph for about 3 years. They split their yrs long relationship a year back.
With a forgettable debut in China Gate, where his role got slashed at the editing table, Samir considered himself lucky to get to play Amitabh Bachchan's younger son in Baghban. "It was only because of Mr Bachchan that I agreed to the role," a model turned actor says. That itself was a memorable experience. Soni has also played a part in the recent Pamela Rooks film, Dance like a Man and will soon be seen alongside Mandira Bedi in a play by Vikranth Pawar, tentatively titled Double Act.
He has  played a role of Purab in a popular TV soap Jassi Jaisse Koi Nahin which made a huge impact on the viewers around the world. He has also done another soap, Saakshi where he played as heads of an anti-terrorist organization - Astra. He is this infallible character who never fails, has all the gadgetry and information he needs.And he is still doing one show in star one called  Dil Kya Chahta Hai where he is playing a Ram Sinha, a complete Casanova .Besides movies and soaps he has acted in plays like "", Champagne on the house, Insomnia and currently doing Double Act with Mandira Bedi.
Spouse Rajlakshmi (Divorced)
Shared Intimate relationship with Nafisa Joseph ,former Miss India (committed suicide 2004) for about 3 yrs.
Currently single, not ready to Mingle.
Height 5'10"
Trivia Was first seen in soap called 'A Mouthful Of Sky' in 1996
Met his ex-wife Rajlakshmi  in Cadbury Ad.
Worked for sometime in Wall Street.
The youngest of three children.
Very successful model and very familiar face in advertisement world. His work in  add include fair and lovely, KIA, Cadbury, Vicks, pepodent etc.
He has also done numerous music videos which include Nazia's , Hema Sadesai's "Piya sei milke aye hai" and Jagjit's "Kahi Doorse".
The one thing he cant live without -- Denims.
Denim blue is his color. Among other favorites are white black and navy.
Food-freak and also have a sweet tooth.
He listens to music most of which is instrumental but he also like bands like U2, Pink Floyd, Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen. "Bruce is the only guy I can say I'm a fan of.," says Samir.
Loves reading books. His favourite authors are Paulo Coelho and Deepak Chopra.
He came to limelight after he played a character of Purab in a hindi soap called Jassi Jaise koi Nahin.

Filmography

- filmography (1998-2004)

1. China Gate (1998)
2. Lajja (2001) -......... Manish
3. Basti (2003)
4. Kaha Ho Tum (2003)-.......Jai
5. Bhagban (2003)-........Sanjay Malhotra
6. Dance Like A Man (2004)-...... Vishal

(1996-2004)

1. A Mouthful of Sky (1996)-Doordarshan
2. Gubare- Zee TV
3. Jassi Jaise Koi Nahin (2003)-  Played Purab Mehera-Sony Entertainment
4. Saakshi (2003) - Played as Shekhar Gupta- Sony Entertainment
5. Dil Kya Chahta Hai (2004)- Playing as Ram Sinha-Star One channel

Theater Artist- (1996-2004)

1. (2000)-Avi-MASQUERADE an entertainment company
2. Champagne on the house(2002)--MASQUERADE an entertainment company
Insomnia(2002)
4. Double Act (2004)

Edited by kanchi - 19 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kanchi thumbnail
ok guys,lil contribution from my side.If i have missed anything do correct me.😊
ides thumbnail
Thnx for sharing Kanchi.....

If i have missed anything do correct me

......ummmm.....a picture..........😉
ritu thumbnail
That's great, from where did u get it ?
anniegupta_ thumbnail
thanks kanchi... i try to forget him but there is always some cool article or picture that brings back his memory... wut should i do?
*Anjali* thumbnail
very nice...thanks for the information kanchi!!!!!!!!
kanchi thumbnail
Aye Annie.........Its really hard to forget SS.😉
HUMM thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ritu

this man is 36 years old !!!!!

oh thks for the info buddy!

Btw ritu i always thought he was 45yrs old😆
ritu thumbnail