JonasBros_me<3 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Amitabh Bachchan called Rituparno Ghosh 'Adolf'
29th Apr 2007  22.46 IST
By Nikhil Kumar  

Amitabh Bachchan and Bengali filmmaker Rituparno Ghosh got along like a house on fire while shooting for The Last Lear .

After working with Abhishek Bachchan and Jaya Bachchan in the past, Rituparno Ghosh has been shooting with Amitabh Bachchan for his English language movie that has Big B playing a fading Shakespearean actor.

< = src="http://media.fastclick.net/w/get.media?sid=18489&m=6&tp=8&d=j&t=n">

While shooting the movie, Mr. Bachchan and   Ghosh became very friendly with each other.  Big B would always

mock being terrorized by Ghosh and also made good-humored remarks about Ghosh's new appearance (Ghosh shaved his head and lost much weight before shooting).

Teasingly, Big B gave Ghosh the nickname 'Adolf' and would often joke that he was scared of Ghosh making him speak Shakespearean dialogues.

And one day, during shooting, Mr. Bachchan had to remove his shoes to give a particular shot. Ghosh, who likes to get the physicality of his actors, actually came forward and bent to remove Big B's shoes. At this, Mr. Bachchan sprang up and said he would remove his shoes himself.

At this, Ghosh quizzed what was wrong if he removed Big B's shoes.

Mr. Bachchan replied: "No, you will steal my shoes."

Such was the camaraderie between Big B and Ghosh while making 'The Last Lear'.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

S a r a h thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
πŸ˜† πŸ˜† khoob jamegi jab mil baithenge yaar - it reminds me of that ad πŸ˜† well somewhere AB is using his sense of humour else every where he looks an expression-less person off "screen" when he isnt with his family
CaLiiZ*DiiMe thumbnail
^^ sarah ur sigs n avis r beautiful πŸ˜›

thanks JonasBros_me<3 for the article
anonmember thumbnail
πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Great to know they get along!
The movie sounds interesting. Amitabh playing King Lear, Ghosh as the director. Is this Big B's first English film?
lucky_lakshmi thumbnail

Wah...thats soooo cuuuteeeπŸ˜†πŸ‘

Originally posted by: sonyaee

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Great to know they get along!
The movie sounds interesting. Amitabh playing King Lear, Ghosh as the director. Is this Big B's first English film?

yeah but depending on which releases first-Shantaram, Exclusion or Last Lear. Go Big B!πŸ‘πŸ˜³

S a r a h thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ~haBiBi2hot~

^^ sarah ur sigs n avis r beautiful πŸ˜›

thanks JonasBros_me<3 for the article

aww thank you so much Ruby darlingπŸ€—πŸ˜³