gelato thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Arbaaz and Malaika to sizzle together
   By: Vickey Lalwani
   April 27, 2007

The couple is doing a song for South director Lankesh's untitled Hindi film

Aao Twist Karein! Malaika Arora and Arbaaz Khan    pic/SUJEET JAISWAL
Arbaaz Khan may be from one of the most illustrious film families in Indian cinema, but the going hasn't exactly been great for the actor.

However, it seems that things are finally looking up for him, what with five releases in 2007.

Here, he talks about his various roles, working with wife Malaika Arora and also M F Hussain's painting depicting brother Salman with a begging bowl chasing former flame Aishwarya Rai.

You have five releases lined up in 2007. Things seem to be looking up.

Yes! My next release is Shootout At Lokhandwala, where I play a disgruntled cop who had to be convinced to be inducted into the police force. But thereafter, he never looks back.

Then I have Fool And Final, where I play a very interesting character called Bosco Chikna, a very stylised villain. Then comes Woodstock Villa. I have also done an Indo-Pak venture called Godfather.

And recently, I completed South director Lankesh's Hindi film where I have a very interesting role of a married man with a roving eye!

What's happening to David Dhawan's remake of Amar Akbar Anthony?

That will start by the end of 2007. I will play Amar (played by Vinod Khanna in the original) and I am very kicked about this film. David is a modern-day Manmohan Desai.

You debuted with a very impressive performance in Daraar, but things haven't been too rosy since…

I started off with an author-backed negative role in an Abbas-Mustan film.

But tell me, how many good grey characters are written in Indian cinema?

It wasn't easy making the transition to goody-goody roles, but it's happening now. I am getting varied roles.

Are you satisfied with your career at this point?

I don't get too excited or despondent. Yes, I have been moderately successful, but I am someone who cannot be ignored. I am lurking in the background ready to stick my neck out.

Consider Abhishek (Bachchan) and Saif (Ali Khan). Weren't they discounted a few years ago? It's a matter of time.

I am very much in the race and prefer to come from behind, rather than take an early lead and fizzle out. At the end of the race, I aim to be at a decent point.

We heard that you and Malaika have bought a new house?

Malaika has bought some property. It's a flat in Tuscany building in Khar, and it's as big as our current one. We have no plans to shift right away.

We've been living in our present house on St Leo Road, Bandra since nine years and we love it. But who can predict the future? One day we might feel that we should stay there. 

How about working with Malaika?

Malaika is in Lankesh's film. We are doing a song together.

What did you think about M F Hussain's painting, depicting Salman with a begging bowl running after Ash and Abhi who are riding off on a horse?

Neither have I seen the painting, nor am I interested to. If such a painting exists, it has been done in bad taste. M F Hussain is too big a person; he should not indulge in such things (pauses).

I could have understood if it was some painter who wants to get noticed. Even actors, who make brash statements early in their careers, turn over a new leaf and choose their words after they are established. Shah Rukh Khan had done that in the past when he began.

He made many statements and we said that this guy wants to get noticed. But today, we don't see him saying anything remotely unparliamentary.

Too much has been said about Aishwarya Rai's wedding in connection to Salman…

Salman has moved on. Nobody is a Devdas in real life. Nobody is a Guru Dutt these days. And everybody has a past. Why keep digging it out every now and then?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SoNi_KuDi thumbnail
omg how could mf hussain do this?? 😡 i agree with his last answer to the question 👏 👏
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
I knew that it is being known that Salman has moved on, him and Ash broke up a long time ago. He's dating Katrina now, he loves her and is happy with her.
Sadie.Saxton thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
that was mean to portray a painting like that...
dat paintin woz juzzzz 🤢 🤢 ridiculous man i swerrrrr sum ppl grr
n its tru woz arbaz sed bout salman gettin ova ash ! he soo has 😛 so ppl shud juz leave him a lone ye
CarulinaTina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: inoitsme

that was mean to portray a painting like that...

I agree... I saw that painting,really rude

monika54 thumbnail
where do i see that painting? whats the website?
SoNi_KuDi thumbnail
he should have drawn vivek instead of salman 😡 😡
nightangel thumbnail

Originally posted by: sowmyavenky

Too much has been said about Aishwarya Rai's wedding in connection to Salman…

Salman has moved on. Nobody is a Devdas in real life. Nobody is a Guru Dutt these days. And everybody has a past. Why keep digging it out every now and then?

dhis is really a wise statments...we hav to respect his words..👏 😛

Originally posted by: nightangel

dhis is really a wise statments...we hav to respect his words..👏 😛

I was just gonna quote the same thing... I totally agree

Edited by rukhaya - 17 years ago