Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

andreamcl thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Part 4 (I think, can't remember what number part this is!)

Yes, I know that every time I promise I'll update fast and every time I break that promise. Let me know how you think it's going and if you're enjoying it, next part should be out within a week!

Two days later Naina was surprised to see Captain Rajveer leaving KMA in his dress uniform.
"Sir?" she called out, and he turned around in surprise. "Sir aap subeh subeh kaha ja rahi ho?"

Raj just smiled at her sadly, "I'll be back soon Cadet Singh."

And then turned around and left.

"Bata nahi, Rajveer Sir Kaha Jara hi ho?" She asked Pooja as the two headed to the mess for breakfast.

Pooja just shrugged. "Shyat ooska outgoing to zaruri tha"

Naina smiled at her friend's funny way of putting it, maybe Pooja was right, Captain Rajveer must have had some important work.

It was mid morning by the time Raj arrived at Nainital. The entire drive there he had been practicing what he would say.

There was only one way that he could think of to win back Naina's trust and that was to prove to her how truly sorry he was about her brother's death and that he was willing to be punished for it, in whatever way.

And so he was going…to tell her parents the truth.

He knew they would never forgive him, and he knew that if he did this he would never have a chance at any relationship with Naina.

But what chance did he have anyway if she couldn't trust him or have faith in him?

He was going to sacrifice his reputation and his happiness in order to win back her friendship, simply because he couldn't live if she wasn't in his life. And if the only way to have her stay in his life was as a friend then he would have to deal with that. Even if he had to deal with the ache in his heart every single day, even if he could never love anybody except her.

Gathering his courage, Raj knocked on the door of the Ahluwalia house.

"Arre, aap?" Naina's father greeted him cheerfully when he opened the door "Ander aiye, beta".

"Yes, sir."

And Raj went inside to complete his mission.

Two hours later after telling them everything he knew about Navin's death and about his role in it, a deathly silence filled the house.

"Aap mere beta to mardala", Naina's mother suddenly said. "Vo begunah tha aur aap oosko mardala."

Raj's heart was breaking as he heard the pain and the tears in her voice, it was exactly the same sound as when he had told Naina the truth.

Finally Naina's father spoke. "I want to thank you for telling us the truth."

Raj was shocked, could Naina's father actually forgive him?

The next words jolted him out of his dream.

"But you betrayed our son and we can never forgive you for that, now get out of our house."

So that was it, he had completed his duty, but he would never be forgiven by them. He had just sacrificed any chance he would have had of them accepting him in Naina's life.

Tears came to Raj's eyes but he hid them well, just as he'd learned to do.

"I'm sorry sir, ma'am, I'll leave now."

The door slammed shut behind him.

joa123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
intresting ff
do cont soon
yoginisahakari thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hey

too good

pl continue it is intresting

pl dont make us wait
HPmaniac thumbnail
😊 😊 😊very interesting. pllz coninue soon..... 😊 😊
miss_neha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
OMGGGGG poor raj, dat must hav been sooo hard for him to do.... awwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!
andreamcl thumbnail
Hey guys, next part and it's a longish one! At least I think I've been a bit better this time with updating sooner! Maybe next time I'll update it even quicker!! But for that you have to post some replies!

Part 5

All day Naina had been wondering where Rajveer Sir had gone to, she wished that she'd had a chance to ask him.

"Tu kyun itna pareshan ho?" she asks herself "He has his own life, it's not your business where he goes to." But she still couldn't help worrying after the look she'd seen on his face this morning.

Naina restlessly glanced at her watch for the third time in five minutes as Lolita Ma'am droned on about some historical facts that only Ali ever seemed to find interesting. She was counting down the minutes until the class ended so that she could go and see if Captain Rajveer had arrived back yet. Lolita Ma'am's class was the last of the day, so after this she would be free to try to find out where Rajveer Sir had gone. But the thought annoyed her, why was she thinking about him so much? Even if he was in some trouble then why should she be worried about that? He was the man who had killed her brother, the man who had lied to her for months when she had trusted him.
But as much as she tried to, she couldn't hate him. Instead when she thought about him a confusion filled her heart and she couldn't decide what it was she felt about him. Not hate, but not…No, never that.

The bell finally rang and Naina raced out of the classroom, ignoring Pooja's calls to wait. She was heading towards Captain Rajveer's office when an orderly stopped her.

"Cadet Naina Singh? You have a call."

Naina felt annoyed that she wouldn't be able to check if Captain Rajveer was back yet, but nodded at the orderly anyway and headed towards the phone.

"Hello?" she said, picking it up.

"Naina beti," it was her father's voice.

"Baba? Aap Kaisi ho? Why did you call?"

"We need to talk to you about something serious, Naina," her father continued.

"Sure, Baba, Kya hai?" Naina answered, trying to sound relaxed but feeling more and more nervous with every second. It couldn't be….

"I never thought you would hide something so big from us, beti." Her father said, disappointment clear in his voice.

"Kya? What have I hidden from you?" She prayed to god that her parents hadn't found out the truth somehow, but how could they have, unless…

"You found out who killed your brother and you never told us? Why did you hide it from us, beti? Why didn't you tell us it was Captain Rajveer?"

It was at that moment that he walked through the entrance to KMA and Naina saw him. Her eyes met his and suddenly it all made sense, why he'd left early in the morning, why he had looked at her so sadly.

The phone fell from her hand, hitting against the side of the desk with a thud.

She was vaguely aware of the sound of her father's voice on the other end of the line.

Naina stared at Captain Rajveer in shock. Why had he told her parents that it was him? Didn't he know that even though she had forgiven him, they never would? Didn't he care that they hated him now?

Rajveer stared back at Naina, not sure why she was looking at him with such shock in her eyes and then he spotted the phone hanging loosely by its cord. In a few short steps he reached Naina's side, picked up the phone and put it back into her hands, his fingers briefly brushing hers.

Then he walked quickly away.

"Baba…" Naina said so softly that she was already whispering.

"Naina, tu kaha thi, main kabse tujko bulaye."

"Baba I'm sorry, I never meant to…"

"It's okay beti, we don't blame you. We know that you must have been trying to protect us from it. But listen to me, it's better if you stay away from Captain Rajveer from now on, you can't trust him anymore."

Her father said goodbye and hung up the phone while Naina was left staring blankly at the receiver.

How wrong her father was. Captain Rajveer's action had brought back her lost trust in him. He had sacrificed his own reputation and honour in order to tell her parents the truth that they had wanted to know for years.

Suddenly Naina felt like crying, but she couldn't figure out why. What difference did it make if her parents knew? Didn't they deserve to? And why had she hidden it from them in the first place?

Was it that she didn't want them to know because…because she hadn't wanted them to hate the Captain, but why? What was the reason for that?

Suddenly Naina wasn't so sure that she wanted to know the answer to that question.

sweta2005 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
its very nice do contine soon da next part soon fast asap dont take long time this time.
yoginisahakari thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hey

your FF is Interesting

i think agar isa kuch LRL me ho to LRL phirse tack par ajayengi

anyway i hope so.

Well good story

pl continue soon

dont make us waiti for so long
andreamcl thumbnail
Hey new part, and you can expect the next one within two days! Please post some feedback if you like it as it encourages me to work faster!

Naina burst into Captain Rajveer's office without knocking but when he looked up there was no surprise on his face, only a strange type of resignation.

"Sir…" She started to say, but couldn't work out what should come next.

He smiled sadly, as if perfectly understanding how she was feeling right now.

"Tu poochna chahti ho main kyun vaha gaya tha, right?" he asked her, and she nodded silently.

He sighed as if he was very tired "Naina, I had to go there. And not just for you. It was important for me to know that I can be someone you can trust. How could I ever meet your parents again knowing that they didn't know the truth and think I'm something I'm not?"

"But sir, ab Mere Ma, Baba jaanti hain aur…"

"Aur mujhe nafrat karte hain, I know."

Naina was still standing by the door, she didn't quite have the courage to come completely inside the room. She was afraid that if she went any closer to Rajveer, she would be able to see the look in his eyes properly and she didn't know what she would find there.

So many emotions were struggling in her chest and she couldn't decide what to say to him, his actions had changed everything between them, partly for the better and partly for the worse. Finally she found her voice.

"Sir, what you did for me today means a lot to me, but…" she trails off and suddenly sees the look in his eyes. He seems as if he's quietly drowning in despair, like he's lost something that he can never regain. "But I wish it didn't have to be that way."

"Naina, whether your parents hate me or not, I hope that you'll be able to think of me as your friend, and that from now on if you need any help or support you'll know that you can come to me."

"Of course Sir, I know that it's not going to be like it was before, but you have a place in my life that can't be replaced by anybody else."

They stared at each other for a moment, both wanting to say something else but not able to.

"Ahh…main chalon, sir?"

"I'll see you later, Cadet Singh."

And as Naina walked quietly out and closed the door behind her, Rajveer placed his head in his hands and tried not to cry. How could she be so close to him and yet so far away?

sweta2005 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
its very nice do continue soon fast asap.