Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: Maya_M

From rediff.com dated April 6, 2007.

"In an interview, the real Ahluwalia stated her husband was often nice but suffered from a 'split personality'. In the film, this trait is never communicated. Deepak comes across as a you-know-what of the first order from start to finish."

1. Do you think she is now regreting her act?

Most likely she is regretting it.

2. If he was indeed had a split personality then wasn't he suffering from a mental illnes and needed treatment?

Either he had split personality disorder or schizophrenic.  he must have some illness which needed treatment and couselling.  Many times indians are against seeking pshychiatric help and that is where this couple failed in finding out if he had some problem IMO.

We all have discussed physical abuse.  But any type of abuse is not good be it Verbal, Emotional or Physical.  No one should remain in that situation.  

Edited by Dabulls23 - 17 years ago
lighthouse thumbnail

Originally posted by: egghatcher

But sorry to observe even Ram was a dolt
After staying in Section 8 like accomodation for fourteen years in vanvaas wearing clothes that were not befitting a future queen ( thus no versace or victorias secret being revealed here ) no appropriate footwear even (grrrrrrrrrrrrr) and living on subsidised food from the forest he couldnt withstand a little competition from a dazzling king like dashanaand AKA Ravaan and had his buddy Jatayu involved ( poor fellow got more than a trim on his clipped wings ) got Laxman to perforce remain a celibate while he consorted with Sita in the Straw Hut ,gave a new slant to monkey business with the rash of chimpanzee enlistment in his army.... got guys from madras to scurry over to kanyakumari to build a cantilever bridge (setu) had hanuman fly over and scare the heck out of Ravaan prior to it .. then went over to bring back a Sita who was merely chilling for a change from her above section 8 like situation in Ravaans boudoir and for WHAT????????
to enact a mini San Andreas Fault in Ayodhya and let her be merged into planet earth ...... ?Just cause he did not remember to offer a DNA test to her twins luv and kush ? All I can say here is ..... Hare Rama !!!! MGKs last words πŸ˜‰

πŸ‘ Eggy... Loved your narration of Ramayana juxtaposed with Versace and VS in Vanvaas... Much better then Morari Bapu's version of Sita maiya....

Coming to the topic.

1. Is killing justified in any case? Only when cornered and is not premeditated..

2. Do you believe in her story? Don't know.. In UK she could have called friends or womens organisations for help..

3. Does one deserve a bravery award for murder, whatever the circumstances be? Only if you are a soldier and ordered to murder.. Award should be given for assigned tasks not for self defense IMO...Her children can hero worship her and that is OK...

mermaid_QT thumbnail

we had discussed that 1st part  somewhere on early pages, where i myself said that it is okay for the brits to present her with such an award, but she could have modestly denied accepting it, given that she realizes it wasn't the only soultion / right way of revenge.

☒️ - The statement below is my opinion & experience as a marriage counsellar for battered women.  I do not intend to make a personal judgment of anyone here who holds opposite views as mine. I appreciate keeping it non-personal. Thanks. ☒️
as for the TABOO these so-called-smart individuals have against going to psychiatrists and marriage counsellors, lesser said the better.  I have boiled my blood over that thread.  I not only support such external help in saving marriage / improving quality of married life when posed with hindrances, but also provide it.  Most of the clients's spouses however display a very strong dislike and disregard for such services.  Not all shrinks and counsels are excellent, but not all are quacks either and it is better to see them, than killing someone / torturing someone even if they were quacks πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
Just to make it clear since you may have missed earlier posts / other thread.

Originally posted by: reeps

Quick question ... was she really rewarded for 'murder' or was she rewarded for standing up, and cause she is responsible for bringing change to laws against abuse? I wonder if I am making this up. πŸ˜• πŸ˜† .. I remember reading it somewhere, I think. Maybe she was rewarded for living thru it all, and coming out a survivor, and being an inspiration for others.

I remember RDB, the kids killed the politician in the end, etc. ... but I hope people who watch the movie are intelligent enough to understand that a drastic measure need be taken, but not murder or something... and people need to come forth. πŸ˜• Cause I doubt the director/writer wants to convey that murder is okay. πŸ˜•

Persy

πŸ‘ very nice thoughts. i dont think she was awarded for enduring all that for so long but to come out a winner in the end.and RDB is a film which i did not like nor LRMB both r two extreme ends something agreeable in between should be there.

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

I disagree.  War is where you are up against someone who would kill you unless you kill them first.  Police are on a mission to catch the criminal, not kill. 
This intentional husband murder mission, given 1000 other possible things she could have done, is not to be compared with brave soldiers and police encounters.  AT THE TIME SHE KILLED HIM, he was not attacking her, period.

taking ur life just once is that only killing dieing each and every second and being mentally tortured in my opinion is more hazardous. if u die u die once but if u r mentally tortured u die every moment, and physical wounds u cna show but u cant show the once on ur ego self respect and feelings.

a woman marry's and goes to another house with so many dreams and her dreams r shattered just like that. i think thats a bigger blow.

S a r a h thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

I disagree.  War is where you are up against someone who would kill you unless you kill them first.  Police are on a mission to catch the criminal, not kill. 
This intentional husband murder mission, given 1000 other possible things she could have done, is not to be compared with brave soldiers and police encounters.  AT THE TIME SHE KILLED HIM, he was not attacking her, period.

QueTee dear I was highlighting the term "whatever" over there... I wanted to bring that to notice that there are several other valid, justified and legally correct reasons to kill someone also😳😳😳

mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: sandya_rao7

taking ur life just once is that only killing dieing each and every second and being mentally tortured in my opinion is more hazardous. if u die u die once but if u r mentally tortured u die every moment, and physical wounds u cna show but u cant show the once on ur ego self respect and feelings.

a woman marry's and goes to another house with so many dreams and her dreams r shattered just like that. i think thats a bigger blow.

Murdering is not a solution to that.  There are ways to get out and ask for justice.  especially given that she was in UK, not some place like Deorala where Rupkawar happened even in the late 80s.   She wasn't the only Asian battered woman abroad.  She is the only murderer of all those.  Something to ponder??
mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: S a r a h

QueTee dear I was highlighting the term "whatever" over there... I wanted to bring that to notice that there are several other valid, justified and legally correct reasons to kill someone also😳😳😳

<----  QT 😳😳😳  U have a valid point πŸ‘πŸΌ.  Sowwy,  I interpreted it as you were justifying the killing in Provoked πŸ˜†πŸ˜†.
Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: sandya_rao7

πŸ‘ very nice thoughts. i dont think she was awarded for enduring all that for so long but to come out a winner in the end.and RDB is a film which i did not like nor LRMB both r two extreme ends something agreeable in between should be there.

I dont understand why ppl dont like RDB specially the killing of politician.I believe that that there r some issues that should be solved like that. E.g ppl Like Mannu Sharma who use their political power to ruin others. what we should do with these type of ppl? pooja???of course not....... What r the reasons that he can still dream to be in the elections?????

anyways its not the topic.so lets move to it

S a r a h thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

<----  QT 😳😳😳  U have a valid point πŸ‘πŸΌ.  Sowwy,  I interpreted it as you were justifying the killing in Provoked πŸ˜†πŸ˜†.

thats alright buddy..!!!πŸ˜‰ you must not have gone thru ma entire post... seems you've answered based on the line Maya had highlighted😳😳😳 hota hai... badey badey shehron mein aisi chhoti chhoti baatein toh hoti hi rehti hain😳😳