Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

It was a bait for u my friend ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†  and u took it ;)
traditions are fine as long as they don;t make the person's life hell.  a woman getting beaten up day after day needs to get out no matter what the traditions may say.   i know ppl who think D is bad yet beating up is okay.  they won;t let their daughter take a D, its okay if she DIES??  such ppl shuld take a hile forever

Wellsaid qwerty ji an QT ji!!

@QT ji: I really wonder if the women you mentioned are getting justice.Women who are beaten by husbands (in most of the cases are unemployed or not financially independent) , a financially independent woman does'nt entertain all these nonsense.If she is capable,she too beats him and then divorces him.But.... even if husband beats his wife ,that wife should really think or analyse the situation,think what made that person act like that,does he beat her regularly for no reason,is he bad really!!! I agree beating is such a mean thing!!! but we need to consider the prior behaviour of the husband before coming into a hasty conclusion of divorce.In western countries , divorce process is so easy that they don't give time for the couple to think for considerable time.Thank God in India legal process is so late,some couples adjust before the actual divorce process start.

Financial Independence is not everything ,so a woman needs to consider several factors before filing for a divorce. Society is like the "friction" force.Its a necessary force even though it sounds to be a evil force.
  • Adjustment is indirectly proportinal to the ego of a person  but people who take divorce feel that adjustment is indirectly proportional to self esteem.

BTW "Marriage is a private affair but divorce is a public affair".

wishes,

Mythili

PS: QWERT ji!

So earlier u were like this:

So now u are like this:

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 17 years ago
mermaid_QT thumbnail
   ðŸ¤£ MYTH.. I like the new qwerty 😃
lighthouse thumbnail

Originally posted by: qwertyesque

specific case you cite u have a point but other than those few isolated situations...u cant write it down in the rule book. The frivolousness of most divorces undermines the compelling cases you put forth

While we are thrashing divorces here, it should be noted that in most marriages  status quo is the position frequently taken. We all have seen couples who don't seem to belong together any more and wonder why they are still together. It seems if everyone who wanted to divorce did exactly that the D rate would be more then 50%.

Edited by lighthouse - 17 years ago
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
qwertyesque thumbnail
I would think the most compelling reason for divorce can be the opportunity to have variety of spouses and different forms of intimacy... after all life is too short to get stuck with one for 2-3 decades when there so many fishes in the ocean... 😊
ani11 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I would think the most compelling reason for divorce can be the opportunity to have variety of spouses and different forms of intimacy... after all life is too short to get stuck with one for 2-3 decades when there so many fishes in the ocean... 😊

that reason is soooooo...................🤢how could u even come up with something like that

Really Qwerty once u have kids ,nothing else matters and people have really some serious reasons to get divorced(i am talking abt the desi people)God who would put their kids' life at stake for such frivolous reason

lighthouse thumbnail

Really? What happened to good old fashioned affairs and not so old trend of open marriages.😆 

I think divorces happen because mentally and emotionaly both or at least one of them cannot live with the other. 

Edited by lighthouse - 17 years ago
qwertyesque thumbnail

Originally posted by: ani11

that reason is soooooo...................🤢how could u even come up with something like that

Really Qwerty once u have kids ,nothing else matters and people have really some serious reasons to get divorced(i am talking abt the desi people)God who would put their kids' life at stake for such frivolous reason

Ok ani.. I am sorry I offended your values.. i take back what i said;;;

Edited by qwertyesque - 17 years ago
IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think I should divorce this topic!!!
I cannot speak more in this topic!!
Sayanora!!!
Myth
qwertyesque thumbnail