Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai 17th May 2024 Written Update and EDT

Episode Discussion

Posted: 15 days ago

Abhira over hears Vidya requesting Maa sa to get Ruhi Armaan married. She is heart broken and walks mindlessly . She remembers AbhiMaan sweet moments , their close moments and is distraught , she start crying . finally Armaan declaring he found her intolerable and could not bear to stay in this marriage any more . She remembers Daadi sa ordering her to sign divorce papers h get out of this house. Abhira cries as she walks away .Ruhi hugs Vidya and thanks her profusely and expresses her gratitude  Vidya hugs her back n approves of RuMaan shaadi.

Near the mandir there is folk dance by Rajasthani women. Abhira is pulled into it n she moves absentmindedly. But Ruhi is seen happily enjoying the dance . 

Armaan is going to office and someone seeks a lift for reaching exam hall as his bike had broken down midway . Armaan offers lift n learns he was powering at same exam hall as Abhira . 

She reaches the exam hall she is distraught over her broken marriage tk Armaan and makes no efforts to move inside examination hall she is helped by friends, Sitting on the chair she gets day dreams of RuHaan love affair and Armaan mocking Abhira , she is even more heart broken and messes up with her answer sheet . she runs out of the hall and goes to art room and vents out her frustrations and pours out her heart .She weeps that she had no family now and her mumma’s ambitions too was unattainable as she was unable tk write the exams . Falling in love ruined everything she laments .

Armaan arrives there and scolds her for not writing exams , he orders her tk go back to her classroom n write the exams paper , he reminds her of her mumma’s dreams n his promise to her mumma , she was his responsibility and he would not allow her to not take this exam . Abhira relieves him of his responsibility n asks him tk leave , Armaan argues that the promise was between him n her mother , Abhira had no power to interfere i;that promise , Abhira  then declares she will rite the exams n excel in it n make sure his responsibility is over , 
She goes back to classroom , has discussions with invigilator, after assurances and explanations from Armaan and Abhira she is allowed to sit for the exam . She writes the exams with determination and is appreciated by the invigilator.

At Poddar house , family members argue the issue of RuhMaan shaadi . Manisha and Manoj are against the motion, Sanjay too is against the motion. Kaajal wants RuhMaan shaadi. Vidya is all for uniting the two lonely young people . 
Madhav is totally against this shaadi just because the two were lonely . Madhav n Sanjay feel if at all they want Ruhi remarriage, they should look for another suitable groom and  she should be married of to another family.The youngsters debate over RuhMaan shaadi vs AbhiMaan relationship .

All this argument makes Kaveri Daadi frustrated n she silences everyone and states she had heard all sides n will not take the final decision.

Precap

Same as yesterday 

Arman tells Abhir that he is going to marry Ruhi. He never wanted to hurt Abhira . Abhira says she is no fool to lose her heart on something temporary . She knew her marriage was a temporary  deal shaadi . Abhira hands him the Mangal sutra and assures she will take care of herself and her pain. She walks out n he stares at her .

NOTE : No past characters were shown or mentioned in the episode today .

Edited by Sutapasima - 15 days ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Abhiras breakdown and shock is SO well potrayed by Sam

Her heartbreak is SO palpable. To see her recall FBs of everything especially Vidya refer to her as "galti" is heartbreaking . the way she walks in a numb way is SO amazingly done by Sam. The way she collapses and breaks down makes me cry too. Babysa- it'll be ok in the end. These people dont deserve you and you only deserve the best

FFded the rubbish of ruhi hugging Vidya and their convo.

Meanwhile Armaan is driving back and gets call from Ruhi but cant answer coz he is stopped by rando dude who asks for lift to college because exam hai. HE is in Abhiras college only and Armaan says- meri wife vahin padti hai. the guy says- ya you are abhiras husband na. Armaan doesnt reply and gets conscious of calling Abhira as his wife.

Ruhi reaches his office and almost flings Abhira's tortoise patthar on his desk in dustbin but stops herself saying -dont have to do it because anyway now I have got shaadi ka approval

Abhira reaches her college in a horrible state. she is just standing outside room in a very dazed state. her friend drags her into the hall and makes her sit. Abhira is unable to snap out of her distress. friend asks her to write exam. Abhira tells herself to focus and does try to start writing but she fails because she is almost having a panic attack. she even writes her name wrong. its so hard to watch her this way. She keeps getting FBs of Armaan Ruhi interactions and realizes theres more to their equation and keeps telling herself not to be blank and to focus on her test. she dreams of Ruhi Armaan saying cruel things to her. She cant take the voices in her head and all the flashes and she is in tears and ultimately runs out of the hall unable to take the stress. she is no shape or form to write her test

Armaan is in college and looking for Abhira and he thinks my vaada to ma'am will be done today when her exam is done. he hears student saying to invigilator that Abhira left the hall and he is shocked to hear that.

Family discussion is happening on Abhira-Armaan vs Ruhi-Armaan

Abhira reaches room with art supplies and tries to vent her frustration and is telling herself that she has ruined her life and says pyaar ke liye sab barbaad hogaya and then she laughs at her own state saying- Armaan hates me, family hates me, why did you have ummeed. Why am i failing my mom's sapna. she is in tears. 

She rips apart papers and says she hates herself for crying over Armaan despite him hurting her so much and why she cant stop loving him.

that breakdown and monologue is masterclass performance. I love how real it looks. She puts not a step wrong in such scenes.

Armaan reaches but hears nothing and is yelling at her saying you should be in exam hall. he says I have fought for your education so I need to fulfil my zimmedari and asks her to go write her exam. she says you dont have to care about me and says stop the zimmedari jaap. she has outburst and says go take zimmedari of Ruhi instead of me coz afterall you are marrying her. Armaan is shocked. Abhira says- i knew you hated me but didnt realise you hated me so much that you wanted sehra of shaadi with Ruhi before even an official divorce from me. Says I know you saw me as bojh and divorce is not for my independence but for you to marry ruhi and to reduce your own guilt. She says- take the chutkara from my bojh and your guilt. she decides to go take exam and says now I will go kill it in exam. I am freeing myself from bojh ka tag. she also says kisi ki zimmedari hona is as mushkil as taking zimmedari of someone. She vents out her feelings and leaves to go write test. 

Invigilator tells her she wont let her write test because she saw answers and came back. Armaan comes to defend but Abhira tells him to shut up and gives her own explanation and tells invigilator to check CCTV. he lets her write test because he knows she is good student.

Armaan is in shock and unable to explain anything. the whole time he just looks stunned. bass.

Precap is still same. 

Edited by Pinecone - 15 days ago
Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Bottom line- watch only for Abhiras top notch performance . As always Sam slayed!!!

Aadi04 thumbnail

Team Critics

Oh good second half
Lovely2021 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Pinecone

Abhiras breakdown and shock is SO well potrayed by Sam

Her heartbreak is SO palpable. To see her recall FBs of everything especially Vidya refer to her as "galti" is heartbreaking . the way she walks in a numb way is SO amazingly done by Sam. The way she collapses and breaks down makes me cry too. Babysa- it'll be ok in the end. These people dont deserve you and you only deserve the best

FFded the rubbish of ruhi hugging Vidya and their convo.

Meanwhile Armaan is driving back and gets call from Ruhi but he is stopped by rando dude who asks for lift to college because exam hai. HE is in Abhiras college and he says- meri wife vahin padti hai. the guy says- ya you are abhiras husband na. Armaan doesnt reply.

Ruhi reaches his office and flings Abhira's tortoise patthar on his desk in dustbin but stops saying -dont have to do it because anyway now I have got shaadi ka approval

Abhira reaches her college in a horrible state. she is just standing outside room in a very dazed state. her friend drags her into the hall and makes her sit. Abhira is unable to snap out of her distress. friend asks her to write exam. Abhira tells herself to focus and does try to start writing but she fails because she is almost having a panic attack. she even writes her name wrong. its so hard to watch her this way. She keeps getting FBs of Armaan Ruhi interactions and realizes theres more to their equation and keeps telling herself not to be blank and to focus on her test. she dreams of Ruhi Armaan saying cruel things to her. She cant take the voices in her head and all the flashes and she is in tears and ultimately runs out of the hall unable to take the stress. she is no shape or form to write her test

Armaan is in college and looking for Abhira and he thinks my vaada to maam will be done today when her exam is done. he hears student saying to invigilator that Abhira left the hall and he is shocked to hear that.

Family discussion is happening on Abhira-Armaan vs Ruhi-Armaan

Abhira reaches room with art supplies and tries to vent her frustration and is telling herself that she has ruined her life and says pyaar ke liye sab barbaad hogaya and then she laughs at her own state saying- Armaan hates me, family hates me, why did you have ummeed. Why am i failing my mom's sapna. she is in tears. 

She rips apart papers and says she hates herself for crying over Armaan despite him hurting her so much and why she cant stop loving him.

Armaan reaches but hears nothing and is yelling at her saying you should be in exam hall. he says I have fought for your education so I need to fulfil my zimmedari and asks her to go write her exam. she says you dont have to care about me. she has outburst and says go take zimmedari of Ruhi and says afterall you are marrying her. Armaan is shocked. Abhira says- i knew you hated me but didnt realise you hated me so much that you wanted sehra of shaadi with Ruhi before even an official divorce from me. Says I know you saw me as bojh and divorce is not for my independence but for you to marry ruhi and to reduce your own guilt. She says- take the chutkara from my bojh and your guilt. she decides to go take exam and says now I will go kill it in exam. I am freeing myself from bojh ka tag. she also says kisi ki zimmedari hona is as mushkil as taking zimmedari of someone. She vents out her feelings and leaves to go write test. 

Invigilator tells her she wont let her write test because she saw answers and came back. Armaan comes to defend but Abhira tells him to shut up and gives her own explanation and tells invigilator to check CCTV. he lets her write test because he knows she is good student.

Armaan is in shock and unable to explain anything. the whole time he just looks stunned. bass.

Precap is still same. 

I repeat spineless doesn't deserve abhira. He deserves lusty . 

RIP ABHIMAAN. 

no more shipping.  Let the shameless couple tot on hell.  Disgusting character wahiyat ghatiya story.  Can't be family show. 

greenphantom thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Team Abhira (Gen 4)

Much better episode.
Criticiser thumbnail

Can’t someone even write an exam in this show without Tamashasmiley25smiley25

Edited by Criticiser - 15 days ago
Pinecone thumbnail

Today was Sam's episode.

First temple mein breakdown, then exam hall scenes, then art room, confrontation with Armaan and finally her gaining her composure to go write her exam and telling Armaan to stop talking. 

She showed SO much range and performed it so well

Hit the ball out of the park today!!

UFF.

Swathi.A thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pinecone

Today was Sam's episode.

First temple mein breakdown, then exam hall scenes, then art room, confrontation with Armaan and finally her gaining her composure to go write her exam and telling Armaan to stop talking. 

She showed SO much range and performed it so well

Hit the ball out of the park today!!

UFF.

Only because of her,her acting ,people are tolerating this shit..

Only because of your update in the morning I can happily skip the episodes 😔 

Thank you for your noble services smiley31

Ruhi ka dance edit kar Diya ya kal ayga?