Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Critique Crusaders

Posted: 29 days ago
#1

We can talk about nepotism ALL DAY. But the fact is - Nepotism is as bad as it is, because of  Karan Johar.

Lets look back, he worked with Kajol and Rani in KKHH - both nepo babies, and there was no word of nepotism back then, why? I'll tell you why -nepotism has always been around in Bollywood but Karan Johar is the one who has weaponized it to ensure that he stays relevant. He is doing this to make sure HE still makes money. Its all a power and business grab. Thats why he has dumped SRK, who at one point swore that he would never work without him. Ironically, when SRK was delivering flops, KJO did nothing to help. 

How many more movies is he going to give Janvhi and Sara?Its his insistence on casting Janhvi Kapoor in roles that she's simply not cut out for that irks me. Imagine Mrunal or Tripti in Mr and Mrs Mahi. Or Tripti in Gunjan Saxena. They would've taken it to a whole other level. He tried to create Raazi's for Janhvi and Sara- and both miserably failed. His obsession continues as he's working with Ibrahim, Khushi Kapoor, and really pushing for Shanaya Kapoor. 

Karan Johar has weaponized nepotism, tarnished Bollywood's reputation and turned it into a business. We are all protesting against nepotism, but he is literally making money off of it. He's getting richer, because two celebs produced a child. 


Everyone spends so much time hating the nepo product, that they don't realize who the real mastermind is

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 29 days ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

32

Views

1496

Users

22

Likes

57

Frequent Posters

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 29 days ago
#2

Even if we take aside the nepos, who exactly from non nepos is appealing now? The truth is, times are changing. With the audience shifting to OTT and so much of over exposure of these celebs, they don’t appear as interesting anymore. Moreover, yeah well nepotism has had always been from the start, it’s just that the products are so mediocre and below average now, that people are noticing it more. Nobody is interesting enough in BW these days. It’s doomed. Gone are the golden days and superstar era. 

Edited by infinity101 - 29 days ago
sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 29 days ago
#3

SH

.

All of the masala aside... I am genuinely always curious and confused that do we really not have anymore talented actresses we had just in the near past like Madhuri, Sridevi, Juhi, Manisha, Urmila etc? 


Even all of the nepos were so damn good back then, that too not very long ago, that too WITHOUT any acting training or proper grooming unlike today's times. eg Kajol, Karishma, Raveena, Rani, Tabu etc


What has happened or what did changed? 

Why Kjo failed to have even good nepos unlike in the 90s????? 🤔 

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 29 days ago
#4

Originally posted by: sharaban

SH

.

All of the masala aside... I am genuinely always curious and confused that do we really not have anymore talented actresses we had just in the near past like Madhuri, Sridevi, Juhi, Manisha, Urmila etc? 


Even all of the nepos were so damn good back then, that too not very long ago, that too WITHOUT any acting training or proper grooming unlike today's times. eg Kajol, Karishma, Raveena, Rani, Tabu etc


What has happened or what did changed? 

Why Kjo failed to have even good nepos unlike in the 90s????? 🤔 

Good nepos kaha se milenge jab sab ke sab Kardashian bimbo types hai, khud ki koi personality hai nai, aur na angrezi dhang se boli jati na Hindi. 

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 29 days ago
#5

Originally posted by: infinity101

Good nepos kaha se milenge jab sab ke sab Kardashian bimbo types hai, khud ki koi personality hai nai, aur na angrezi dhang se boli jati na Hindi. 


I guess that's the reason 

the botox and TikTok culture ruined the newbies 

Posted: 29 days ago
#6

So Shaitu, you agree Razi worked because Aloo was good? smiley14

naaznin thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 29 days ago
#7

Originally posted by: infinity101

Even if we take aside the nepos, who exactly from non nepos is appealing now? The truth is, times are changing. With the audience shifting to OTT and so much of over exposure of these celebs, they don’t appear as interesting anymore. Moreover, yeah well nepotism has had always been from the start, it’s just that the products are so mediocre and below average now, that people are noticing it more. Nobody is interesting enough in BW these days. It’s doomed. Gone are the golden days and superstar era. 


True kartik n mrunal r so overrated..

Kirti n manushi r pretty but not gr8 at acting..

Tripti is yet to be seen..

Edited by naaznin - 29 days ago
MyselfJ thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 29 days ago
#8

Originally posted by: naaznin


True kartik n mrunal r so overrated..

Kirti n manushi r pretty but not gr8 at acting..

Tripti is yet to be seen..

Mrunal maybe overrated..Kirti maybe avg but they are all better than Janvis and Saras.Tripti infact is the best of them all.

Sanya Malhotra(I loveeeee this girl),Radhika Madan are so amazing but they don’t get the kind of roles that they deserve.There’s Fatima,there’s Wamiqa too..so there are talented girls but none of them have a Godfather like Janvi.I take Janvi’s name specially bcoz her filmography is going much like Alia..Karan is working very hard for her.

Posted: 29 days ago
#9

Bollywood as become 😴 only some movies and stars worth the time. 

Edited by wat_up - 29 days ago
priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Posted: 29 days ago
#10

Kjo is lowering his own brand value by casting nepos like Janhvi, Ananya and Sara. Sara acts well sometimes but badly in kjo films and lak2 

After he stopped working with SRK he uses nepos to stay relevant. Nepos do create more initial hype but most of them can’t act 

Kjo would do better in my opinion producing South films or being a judge on TV