Sanjay Leela Bhansali revealed he wanted Madhuri in Khamoshi and HDDCS

Sparkling_Wine thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 days ago

In 2011, Filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali confessed that he is “obsessed” with Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit and had to wait four years before Madhuri agreed to work with him.

“In my every film, right from Khamoshi, I wanted to direct Madhuri. I am obsessed with her. No other director is as obsessed as me about Madhuri,” said Bhansali. 

“During Khamoshi, I waited for two-and-half years at her door, to ask her to read the script; but I couldn’t get through to her. So I made the film without her. During Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, I tried to rope in Madhuri, but it did not happen. Then I ensured that in Devdas, she was there.”

“When we were doing the film, Madhuri called in to say she was getting married and asked if I (still) wanted her in the film. I told her, even if you are married or have a child, I want you to play Chandramukhi.” 

https://www.hindustantimes.com/bollywood/i-m-obsessed-with-madhuri-sanjay-bhansali/story-Ci0Bm5PwcPFqKCZvDqLcaO_amp.html

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/when-sanjay-leela-bhansali-revealed-he-tried-to-cast-madhuri-dixit-in-khamoshi-hum-dil-de-chuke-sanam-before-devdas-admitted-to-being-obsessed-with-her/articleshow/109601776.cms

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

behindyou thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 16 days ago

Kahan Aish kahan Madhuri smiley36 Madhuri looked like an aunty even in her 90s movies . No matter how bad actress aish is (though she is better than madhuri anyhow) she still has charm and screen presence that madhuri wont have ever 

Sparkling_Wine thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 days ago

Originally posted by: behindyou

Kahan Aish kahan Madhuri smiley36 Madhuri looked like an aunty even in her 90s movies . No matter how bad actress aish is (though she is better than madhuri anyhow) she still has charm and screen presence that madhuri wont have ever 

Madhuri is a much better dancer and actress than Aish. She was the craze in 90s. People used to go to theater just to watch Madhuri on big screen. Her dance has grace and rhythm which Aishwarya can never match. Aish was nothing in front of Madhuri in Devdas. 

cooper123 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: behindyou

you are trolling aish right?

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

I'd read this years ago, so I knew that he didn't want Aish for Kamoshi. He just made a compliment to her.

I think that Madhuri only accepted the role in Devdas because the previous with Aish got such a mega success...and Chandramukhi is a very prominent role especially through the classical dances. She just did this one movie with Bhansali.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

He wanted Bebo allegedly 

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Oodi baba. Aishu baby ke sar ka taaj hai HDDCS. 

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

He wanted Bebo allegedly 

Imagine Bebo going nimbooda nimbooda.

Bhansali would have broken his own movie set. smiley36