BIGGEST PHILANDERER OF BOLLYWOOD... WHO? - Page 15

Poll

BIGGEST PHILANDERER OF BOLLYWOOD... WHO?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 1 months ago

[Post Removed]

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Very interesting article about Dilip Kumar (although I already knew most of it) - thanks for posting smiley27

When I watched Jubilee (the Motwane serial), I often had a kind of 'déjà-vu' because of what I already had learned about filmindustries. So, I'm not astonished about what the article tells.

In another thread we had a little discussion about image-building and the difference between image and real personality. Imo, it's a weird code of secrecy and power-plays that allows a living out of double standards (not only in the industry but also in families).

Edited by Clochette - 1 months ago
Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Clochette

Very interesting article about Dilip Kumar (although I already knew most of it) - thanks for posting smiley27

When I watched Jubilee (the Motwane serial), I often had a kind of 'déjà-vu' because of what I already had learned about filmindustries. So, I'm not astonished about what the article tells.

In another thread we had a little discussion about image-building and the difference between image and real personality. Imo, it's a weird code of secrecy and power-plays that allows a living out of double standards (not only in the industry but also in families).

Even I was aware of certain things but still the article was an eye opener for people like me. Not that I liked dilip kumar before. His super flop film fest in 2022 also spoke volumes about his lack of relevance.

I just hate it when this POS and his child bride get presented as couple goals and some kind of ideal love story. Ewww! I'd take a 1000 Ranbirs and Alias over this anyway. 😭

Image building vs real personality is a very interesting topic indeed. Most stars have customized public images and wear a mask in the public but the mask never becomes the face. Another factor at play is the hero worshipping crowd that doesn't see anything wrong with their stars.

Knew only about the Suraiya incident and Madhubala affair but the rest I read for the first time smiley3

DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Voted for srk because he was behind. Can't let the king fall behind on a poll.

Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: DobbyDeol

Voted for srk because he was behind. Can't let the king fall behind on a poll.

...and with his charme one never knows if that is his 'light' to attract the 'moths'... (right, Shaban?)...because one heavily propagated affair wouldn't make him a philanderer/womanizer (especially not the "biggest" one smiley36)

Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: NathuPaapi

Knew only about the Suraiya incident and Madhubala affair but the rest I read for the first time smiley3

With Dilip, I sometimes got the feeling that he loathed the fact that one asked him to change his name and made people 'pay' through his questionable power-plays.

I don't know what happened in 1982 that Stardust chose that year to publish a collection of 'Dilip Kumar misdeeds'...what I got to know about Stardust didn't give me a good feeling about this magazine (does it still get published?)

With Dilip, I sometimes got the feeling that he loathed the fact that one asked him to change his name and made people 'pay' through his questionable power-plays.

I don't know what happened in 1982 that Stardust chose that year to publish a collection of 'Dilip Kumar misdeeds'...what I got to know about Stardust didn't give me a good feeling about this magazine (does it still get published?)

I don't know if Stardust still gets published but they (Dilip, Madhubala, Meena kumari etc.) changed their names for their own benefit and acceptance. No one forced them for that. Even in present, many people change their names to trick gullible people ... But discussing that would derail the topic.

Also after reading about Dilip, he seems to be a narcissist. No sympathies for him. Sorry. I would rather sympathize with his victims who seem to be too many.

Edited by NathuPaapi - 1 months ago
Wistfulness thumbnail

Nope. Dilip was just a shitty person. Changing names was a trend in those days. He said he changed his name in the fear of his father who loathed film careers.

The article came in the year 1982 because it was the year in which his second secret marriage was exposed and people saw him as the trash he was. The second wife was literally used and discarded with that despicable man crying victim and putting all the blame on her. It opened the pandora's box and other victims came forward, though not everyone did.

Wistfulness thumbnail

Originally posted by: NathuPaapi

We talk about Bira but asli whitewashing toh yahan hui hai. smiley11